Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Naruto-sama
High School Starter

Naruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputationNaruto-sama has a bad reputation
Default Burger Kiing - Stuffed Jalapeno and Cheddar review

I just ate one and have been eyeing it for a week now but kept holding off because i don't eat fast food every day more like once a week. For those that are unfamiliar its BK's new gimmick burger. It is featured as having jalapenos and Cheddar inside the 'steakhouse' beef patty.

I asked for the standard burger with light pablano sauce only because fast food always piles on the sauce to levels of sloppy i can't handle. The patty is topped with lettuce, tomato, and spicy pablano sauce as default order.

When i bit into it i was expecting the texture to have a crunch from the jalapenos and the cheddar giving it the cheeseburger taste, coupled with the BK flame broiled patty that makes it taste slightly grilled. Boy was i disappointed

What i got was a overly thick BK patty('Steakhouse') that takes away from the typical flame broiled taste like in a Whopper for example where it feels like a ratio of too much bad meat and too little circumference of seasoning proportionally. The jalapeno peppers and cheddar are not very noticeable other than the very slight jalapeno tint to them like someone had rubbed a jalapeno all over the patty, but not any existing in the burger. There was no crunch to the jalapeno's at all. If they weren't visible i would have sworn it was only light jalapeno flavoring. The cheddar is also faint and just as spread out within the burger as the jalapenos making the patty a lot less of what it is advertised as.

The overall package gave me the disappointing impression of biting into a more or less extra thick plain old BK hamburger. The main difference being a very slight tinge of spicy and even less tinge of cheese.

Overall Conclusion: D-
Naruto-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Burger Kiing - Stuffed Jalapeno and Cheddar review

shit looks like someone molested the pattie
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

That picture looks so unappetizing. The cheddar and jalapeno pieces look like colored play-doh stuffed into a cheap processed hamburger patty.

I'd rather go to Five Guys if I'm going out for a burger.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
RocketGreatņess
Banned

RocketGreatņess has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
That picture looks so unappetizing. The cheddar and jalapeno pieces look like colored play-doh stuffed into a cheap processed hamburger patty.

I'd rather go to Five Guys if I'm going out for a burger.
five guys in downtown phoenix?
RocketGreatņess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

damn that shit looks gross.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat coolPHX_Phan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGreatņess
five guys in downtown phoenix?

The only one I know of is in Gilbert.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i remember when the whoper used to taste good

i also remember when it used to be a buck.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just a bit grossed out by any sort of meat fillings. Like that burger, or cheese filled hotdogs. I don't know why, though. I just find it really disconcerting.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

literally looks like shit
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

It looks like someone bedazzled that damn burger.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I'm just a bit grossed out by any sort of meat fillings. Like that burger, or cheese filled hotdogs. I don't know why, though. I just find it really disconcerting.
yeah, cheese filled hotdogs are nasty imo.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

It really does. Like a slightly undigested turd patty.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: