Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
daboywonder2002
I airball my layups

daboywonder2002 has an OK reputation so far
Default Which team has a brighter future? Celtics or Spurs

I know its early but both teams have about a 2 year run before its all over.

1, celtics core- rondo/perkins. you got your point guard and center in place. big 3 need to be replaced. and im sure doc will be gone by then to be with family.

2. spurs- not sure if parker is part of the core or not. Im thinking when duncan goes, they rebuild from scratch. maybe keep dejuan blair. i dont know.

But what team do you see a brighter future for? which team is gonna have an easier time rebuilding??
daboywonder2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Which team has a brighter future? Celtics or Spurs

The Spurs their front office is they find diamond in the rough like flies find sh1t
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Unless the Spurs can get another Manu/Tony in the late rounds

But Rondo is an allstar, Perkins is one of the best centers and they have pretty good young good role players

SIGN Gerald Green!!!

So i pick Celtics
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Which ever team has cap flexibility going forward and can sign another star player. SA has the management edge imo, but does Boston's market advantage make that a wash???? I'm not sure.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Cleveland. It doesn't get any brighter than a few meters away from the end of the tunnel
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Definitely Spurs. They have George Hill, this diamond of a steal in Gary Neil.... AND DeJuan Blair if he can stay healthy. Celtics don't have anyone to carry the torch really besides Rondo after all the vets retire.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
tx_dave
I brick open layups

tx_dave has an OK reputation so far

I like the backcourt of parker/hill/anderson/neal

we need size and so far tiago is not the answer quite yet.
i love blair and he continues to improve but i dont see him getting that much better.

rando/perkins i think is a better future right now but i have faith in the spurs front office to continue to make the most of what we have.
tx_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Derka

The biggest thing for the C's right now is Doc Rivers' future. His youngest is committed to Duke, which is a pretty big deal so who could possibly blame him for wanting to be a part of his son's experience? Hell, the kid could end up being a pro four years from now. Doc's still relatively young for a coach and has a great relationship with Danny Ainge and the ownership. So if Doc goes...I really don't know where this team goes without him.

If he stays? Lots of possibilities. We have guys around right now who are proven championship material, be they role players or starters. When the big dogs finally give way to retirement, we could become something of a free agent destination while Paul Pierce finishes out the years on the contract he signed this summer...at which point Rondo and Perk will both be hitting their prime playing years and could make attractive teammates.

I'm just saying this off the top of my head and kinda playing with wishful thinking, I guess. But it could happen.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm really interested in seeing how Rondo does without the big three around. When Boston does head into a rebuilding mode, how will Rondo play around lesser talent? Or will the Celtics hit it big in free agency and stay competitive. It will be interesting for sure.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002
I know its early but both teams have about a 2 year run before its all over.

1, celtics core- rondo/perkins. you got your point guard and center in place. big 3 need to be replaced. and im sure doc will be gone by then to be with family.

2. spurs- not sure if parker is part of the core or not. Im thinking when duncan goes, they rebuild from scratch. maybe keep dejuan blair. i dont know.

But what team do you see a brighter future for? which team is gonna have an easier time rebuilding??

The Spurs in this case. The loss of the big three and Doc is just too much of a hole. The Spurs still have there front office and its longevity of great scouting over the last decade and the greatness that is Gregg Poppovich. There success this season is just another evidence to me of how great that team will always be with that coach and front office behind it's back.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Both will have bright futures. Most retirement facilities get a ton of natural light.
pegasus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Your first instinct is to say Boston because of Rondo, but it's hard to argue with San Antonio's track record. Once Duncan goes they'll need to find another impact big, but would anyone bet against them finding another Luis Scola type that keeps them relevant?
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Celtics, they are a great franchise, the Spurs are good to, but not on the same level.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
SleepyCorpse
Decent playground baller

SleepyCorpse has an OK reputation so far

I'd say the Spurs, they can at least hope to find something through their scouting or package a ton of youth for expiring star. I don't know how Boston will find their next superstar, when Pierce and Garnett retire, they won't be drafting high with Rondo and Perkins keeping them at least a 8th seed team.
SleepyCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #15
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Once Tiago Splitter gains some "offensive swagger" so to speak, gains more experience and respect, and is given/filling a more prominent role in the offense (perhaps next season, or when TD retires), I think he'll be a legit player in this league. I think Pop likes his game and skill-set, but is just riding out the W's right now with the lineups he's used. As it is Tiago has played sparingly, going through the rookie process almost identical to Fabricio Oberto, and there are no more than 1 or 2 offensive plays run for him a game if that. But no doubt his presence in the games, and surely in practice, has helped both the team and himself. With Splitter, Parker, Blair, Hill, James Anderson, Neal, and their overseas prospects, it's not too shabby.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: