Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kevin Love replaces Yao in the ASG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
When your team is THAT bad, you're not making that much of an impact. if he was even half as good as his stats suggest, the Wolves wouldn't be this pathetic. They're almost as bad as Cleveland.

There's no argument for Love over Aldridge, look what he's done in Portland with all of those injuries.

Agreed on Parker and Aldridge, but I'm cool with Duncan making the team. I have to admit, I just dislike Randolph(though I'm also not impressed with him), so me saying he shouldn't be an all-star is somewhat biased.

What kind of impact do you expect him to make when even KG stats were struggling to make an impact in his last few years there.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #17
Derka

I thought Aldridge was going to get that for sure. Ah well.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good choice.

Why should Love be penalized for having garbage teammates? That's not in his control at all.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
lilWesleyJ4
BOSSMAN BEASLEY

lilWesleyJ4 has decent reputationlilWesleyJ4 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
The only team with a worse record is Cleveland... and they have a better record against Div and Conf opponents.

A team with a guy who drops 20/20 on the regular and still has the 2nd worst record in the league...
Except for the fact that Cleveland has a point differential of -10.89 and the Wolves have a point differential of -5.12.
lilWesleyJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
There's no argument for Love over Aldridge, look what he's done in Portland with all of those injuries.
Aldridge deserved it over Duncan. I don't think Duncan even wants to play in these games anymore
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't mind the selection all that much.... but it certainly doesn't fall in line with how All-Stars are traditionally picked. I mean, the TWolves are argueably the worst team in the NBA.

Without Nash, Dirk and Pau are the only white guys on the team. Not a good look when most of the fanbase is white Americans
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #22
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My thread title is a little bit misleading so I updated the OP.
Quote:
NBA commissioner David Stern made the selection Friday.

West coach Gregg Popovich will determine who replaces Yao in the starting lineup.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #23
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Aldridge deserved it over Duncan. I don't think Duncan even wants to play in these games anymore
Yeah, I agree Aldridge should be there over Duncan.

I don't get the honorary selection. Nobody knows the difference or care if you're a 10x All-Star or a 13x All-Star. It's not gonna hurt Duncan's legacy if he's only a 12x All-star.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
Spue
I hit open layups

Spue has an OK reputation so far

Hope he can make the choice
Spue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #25
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
Except for the fact that Cleveland has a point differential of -10.89 and the Wolves have a point differential of -5.12.

Like I said, it's argueable.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #26
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
What kind of impact do you expect him to make when even KG stats were struggling to make an impact in his last few years there.

Kg's '07 Wolves were 32-44 with him and 0-6 without him. They were horrible, but their record with him is A LOT more respectable than Minnesota's disgusting 11-37 record now.

Hell, look at the garbage T-Mac had in 2002 and 2003, he dragged those teams to above .500 records and the playoffs. Teams consisting of Drew Gooden, Gordan Giricek, 300+ pound Shawn Kemp, Darrell Armstrong in his mid 30's and Pat Garrity.

Or even Carter in Toronto, those teams struggled big time without him, or a past his prime Vince in '08 and '09 with New Jersey, the Nets didn't win a game when he was out in '08 and '09, then they went 12-70 after trading him and he didn't even make the '08 and '09 all-star teams.

All of those players led bad teams to much better records than Love is right now.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #27
lilWesleyJ4
BOSSMAN BEASLEY

Quote:
Like I said, it's argueable.
Anything is arguable my friend. Anybody who seriously thinks the Wolves are worse then the Cavs doesn't know much about basketball. And before you throw it back in my face, there is no question we are a bottom 5 team and I wouldn't really have cared if Love wasn't selected.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #28
lilWesleyJ4
BOSSMAN BEASLEY

Quote:
Kg's '07 Wolves were 32-44 with him and 0-6 without him. They were horrible, but their record with him is A LOT more respectable than Minnesota's disgusting 11-37 record now.

Hell, look at the garbage T-Mac had in 2002 and 2003, he dragged those teams to above .500 records and the playoffs. Teams consisting of Drew Gooden, Gordan Giricek, 300+ pound Shawn Kemp, Darrell Armstrong in his mid 30's and Pat Garrity.

Or even Carter in Toronto, those teams struggled big time without him, or a past his prime Vince in '08 and '09 with New Jersey, the Nets didn't win a game when he was out in '08 and '09, then they went 12-70 after trading him and he didn't even make the '08 and '09 all-star teams.

All of those players led bad teams to much better records than Love is right now.
Love isn't a franchise player.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #29
az00m
bet purple 3/05/11

az00m has decent reputationaz00m has decent reputation

Lol love deserved that spot more than gasol and many other people.

You guys are really underrating someone because he plays on a shitty ass team.
az00m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #30
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Without Nash, Dirk and Pau are the only white guys on the team. Not a good look when most of the fanbase is white Americans

So Manu is not considered white?
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: