Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #31
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kevin Love replaces Yao in the ASG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
Love isn't a franchise player.

Neither was Vince Carter in '08 and '09, but he was still able to make a really bad team look like an NBA team.

Personally, I have nothing against Love. He was actually one of the few players I followed in college in recent years because he has kind of an old school game that I found interesting. But I feel strongly that an NBA all-star should make an impact on the W/L column. The point of the game is to win, and I'm not even expecting a .500 record. But 11-37? Part of the way I judge a player is how he can contribute to winning games, and Love isn't doing that now. I saw it New York last year with David Lee. He had great numbers, pretty close to Amare's current numbers, and I liked Lee, even had him as my avatar for a while, but he put up empty stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az00m
Lol love deserved that spot more than gasol and many other people.

You guys are really underrating someone because he plays on a shitty ass team.

at Love being more deserving than Gasol.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
So Manu is not considered white?

He's not North American. I meant to type that..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #33
Zedja
Prince of All Saiyans

Zedja has an OK reputation so far

No love for Odom?
Zedja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In no way shape or form is Love an all star. LA, Zbo, Nash, all robbed.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #35
midnight_show
I airball my layups

midnight_show has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Yeah, I agree Aldridge should be there over Duncan.

I don't get the honorary selection. Nobody knows the difference or care if you're a 10x All-Star or a 13x All-Star. It's not gonna hurt Duncan's legacy if he's only a 12x All-star.

Yeh, Id bet Duncan would be devestated if he wasnt selected. He would have been looking forward to the weekend off so he could lay in bed and wank all day.
midnight_show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #36
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There aren't enough all star spots for everyone who deserves it to get in. Every year multiple players get "jobbed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I hope the Grizzlies makes the playoffs this season. Poor Zach Randolph. He's currently averaging 20 ppg, and 13.2 rpg, and the Grizzlies are currently 26-24 in the Western Conference.

Grizzlies vs. Spurs in the First Round = Action Pack Playoffs Series.

It would be a pretty quick series really. Grizzlies play very poorly against Duncan's Spurs. Really, since the Grizzlies became an NBA team, they're 8-44 against Duncan, including 0-4 in the playoffs. They're 3-17 in their last 20 meetings. :X
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #37
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kevin Love replaces Yao Ming on 2011 NBA West All-Star team

Players who are more deserving all stars than Duncan:

Nash
Zbo
LMA
Odom
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #38
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

It would be a pretty quick series really. Grizzlies play very poorly against Duncan's Spurs. Really, since the Grizzlies became an NBA team, they're 8-44 against Duncan, including 0-4 in the playoffs. They're 3-17 in their last 20 meetings. :X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJk07BdiAA

Currently one of the best 4th options in the league.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #39
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJk07BdiAA

Currently one of the best 4th options in the league.

And? Is that supposed to bother me? They barely won a game once, cool. They have still lost 17 of their last 20 against the Spurs, and have lost 44 of 52 against Duncan's Spurs.

I'll let that sink in for a second. 44 of 52 games: losses. 17 of the last 20: losses.

The series would be over in 5 games at most. Not trying to be a jerk or whatever, it's just true.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #40
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedja
No love for Odom?
I think he got snubbed too but not as bad as Aldridge.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #41
chris2010
Good High School Starter

chris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrychris2010 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I agree, Love should have been an all star. But Duncan should not have been picked, aldridge deserves it over him.
chris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #42
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Alonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzo Magic has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
And? Is that supposed to bother me? They barely won a game once, cool. They have still lost 17 of their last 20 against the Spurs, and have lost 44 of 52 against Duncan's Spurs.

I'll let that sink in for a second. 44 of 52 games: losses. 17 of the last 20: losses.

The series would be over in 5 games at most. Not trying to be a jerk or whatever, it's just true.

Dude, when you go to Grizzlies games they show that play on the big screen as one of the 'moments that defined the franchise'. Seriously, no joke. This is a team that has never won a playoff game right? Am I right? did they win a game with Hubie Brown?

This is a young team with a lot of starting talent. All of a sudden, the grizzlies have something to be excited about. I'm just saying there's no need to swing your superior record over them just because a few posters think Memphis will win one or two in a series.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #43
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
Dude, when you go to Grizzlies games they show that play on the big screen as one of the 'moments that defined the franchise'. Seriously, no joke. This is a team that has never won a playoff game right? Am I right? did they win a game with Hubie Brown?

This is a young team with a lot of starting talent. All of a sudden, the grizzlies have something to be excited about. I'm just saying there's no need to swing your superior record over them just because a few posters think Memphis will win one or two in a series.
Personally I think Gay's over Timmy is better but good all the same!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #44
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Awww.... I thought it would be Steve Nash...

Oh well, Love is deserving as well. Tim Duncan doesn't deserve it this year IMO, but his past success and reputation helped him gain a vote. Not to mention coaches like to pick from winning teams. And Love wasn't picked by the coaches, he was picked by David Stern.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #45
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Numb#rs worked!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2OkK2jupU8
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: