Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Final Fantasy... which one's your favorite?

I finally got around to playing FFXII. Which one do you enjoy the most? I never played the first 5 final fantasies and I doubt most of you consider the first 5 FFs your favorites anyways (at least I hope not, ff6 and later were just awesome imo).. also excluding the MMORPG ones - they are not true final fantasies imo. I have not played ffxiii yet since I don't own a PS3..

ff v

ffvi

ffvii

ffviii

ff ix

ff x

ff x-2

ff xii

ff xiii

My favorite is between ffvii and ffx. Going with FFX, awesome game.. Very few other games have left me feeling like I wanted more. Unfortunately I never played ffx-2 but I plan on playing that sometime soon.. FFVII is probably the most memorable though overall as I'm sure many of you will mention..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Final Fantasy... which one's your favorite?

FF8
FF10
FF7
FF13

I didn't like the other FF...

FF13-2 is coming out this year and FF13-Versus will be out sometime next year as well...can't wait.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

X is the only one i played all the way through. so by default it is my favourite. i have XIII but i'm only about a third of the way through and i stopped playing about a year ago.

X also had some pretty decent music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLnZ5jcsRpc
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Good question. I also agree with 7 and 10 being the best ones. Those two were easily my favorites. . .masterpiece RPGs. FF7 was just overall good in pretty much every way for an RPG, and owned every RPG before it. FFX had a great story, music, etc. Had a fun ass mini game, and a world you could really get in to.

FF8 was also really good. . .just had a few minor issues that stopped it from being great. Like the magic drawing, and some of the icky card rules like "Random" that ruined the fun of an otherwise really good minigame.

I put 9 and 12 into the "good but not great" category. 13 I have, but didn't really get that in to for some reason. Stopped playing fairly early, though I'd been really busy at the time I bought it. I haven't given it enough of a chance yet.

For the older, and more dated ones, 6 was good (3 here), and the first one I had moderate fun with a long ass time ago, though I had no idea what I was doing half the time.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

7 and

TACTICS.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

best mini game ever w/ the cards
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
Sicknote
National High School Star

Sicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation hereSicknote has an incredible reputation here

7 and 10 for me.
Sicknote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

FF6 by far.

Best cast of characters, best story and damn did it look good for a SNES game. I loved how it gave almost equal time to the separate "main" characters (Locke, Celes, Edgar, Terra) while making all the others relevant as well. I can't remember being that interested in such a huge cast in an RPG.

I still remember how awesome it was traveling through the World of Ruin and assembling your team again. Fantastic story-telling.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #9
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Ive only played 7-10

ff8 was my favorite.

I never finished ff10 but i remember liking it a lot. I think I lost the disc thats why I never finished it
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

FF7 hands down...that's my heart.

FF8 is my 2nd favorite.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #11
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

who remembers this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qnyxd7Vq0Q
Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #12
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente

Oh Shit...I never forgot that shit....had me
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #13
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

sirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation heresirkeelma has an incredible reputation here

FFVIII - I finished this game 3 times. Seifer's gunblade is Cool.
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #14
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

People who say FF7 are exposing themselves as nubs.

1. FF6
2. FF9
3. FF4
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #15
mrpuente
pheelme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
People who say FF7 are exposing themselves as nubs.

1. FF6
2. FF9
3. FF4
why?

it used to be regarded as the goat rpg.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: