Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-05-2011, 01:24 AM   #16
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Final Fantasy... which one's your favorite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
why?

it used to be regarded as the goat rpg.
Because there are FF1-6. FF7 is very overrated just because it is 3D CG among other reasons.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

FF7
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #18
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

FF7 was the 1st I had played and really set a high bar for me with the series. I found 8 to be kind of depressing and I honestly liked Laguna more than Squall. I think my favorite is probably 9. I liked the cartoony feel to it. There was maybe 1 character that I honestly didn't like and that was Steiner. He was just irritating to listen to clanking around. But overall the game was a great sendoff for the original Playstation.

I don't think I've ever played VI but I want to try it out someday. I enjoyed 10 but I didn't really like any of the characters. I own 12 and have really never played it. Same with 13. I got it on release day and played maybe an hour or two. I think they lost me after they dropped the turn based combat. It might just be me but I enjoy turn based combat more than the active battles.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #19
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I played FF2 (a bit), FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8 (a bit), and FF9.

FF6 is the best RPG I've ever played. FF7 is good but enormously overrated. FF8 sucks, which is why I only played a bit. FF9 is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
People who say FF7 are exposing themselves as nubs.
EXACTLY.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:42 AM   #20
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7 and 6. Haven't played any since Final Fantasy X-2 though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #21
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Because there are FF1-6. FF7 is very overrated just because it is 3D CG among other reasons.
Well I havent played these game in awhile.

But I do remember when this game came out it got me into playing RPG's. It probably was the 3D and flashy CG cutscenes that made this game so good. This wasnt my favorite btw.

Who remembers Legend of Dragoon? Came out same time as FF9.
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #22
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?

NoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsNoName22 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I always wanted to get into rpgs but couldn't. Their lenght discourages me lol.

I still have my PS2 and FFX & FFXII. Which one should I begin with ?
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #23
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
I always wanted to get into rpgs but couldn't. Their lenght discourages me lol.

I still have my PS2 and FFX & FFXII. Which one should I begin with ?
FFX, but you will have to YouTube some of the parts (there are some puzzle parts). I never played XII, but I heard it wasn't that good. FFX was probably the best one. I only played X and XIII. There was no point in playing X-2 in my opinion, mainly because it was too girlie. The only point of making X-2 was to make some of the fans have a happier ending.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:45 AM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

FF6.

From FFX until now the franchise has been completely worthless.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #25
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Honestly if you're trying to get into RPGs I'd recommend something like Mass Effect 2. Not a full-fledged RPG or anything, but it will help familiarize you with a lot of RPG elements, get you in the right frame of mind, all the while keeping things in a more "comfort zone friendly" actiony context.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #26
joe
College superstar

joe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputationjoe has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng

BS. Well no, not BS. It may be overrated by some because of that. But truth is, FF7 has one of the deepest most engaging stories I've personally experienced, and that includes film/novels as well.

Not just for the "omg Aeries died" factor. It's the philosophical themes, and metaphors we can draw from it to the real world. Corporations taking control of government. The world ending in catastrophe. Humans effect on the planet.

Not to mention the personal story of Cloud. A confused person who doesn't understand who he truly is, and has trouble accepting his own past, and destiny.

Then you've got Aeries and the "ancients," the wise ones who "speak" with the planet, which I see as those who live as one with it.. understand that we're all one, and shouldn't destroy the earth but live with it in harmony.

Yeah, by your definition of the word I'm a newb. I didn't play the old FF's, I only got into FF7 as a kid probably because it was the cool thing, and everyone was playing it because its graphics were SICK NASTY, YO. But to me, as I've played the game over the years, I find very real depth to the story, more than I can say about damn near any game I've played.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #27
PassTheRock
I airball my layups

PassTheRock has an OK reputation so far

ff 7
ff 10
ff 9
ff 8

this thread makes me want to buy a playstation.
PassTheRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #28
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

luckily for me, the only one i played was 7, which was everyone's favorite.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #29
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
BS. Well no, not BS. It may be overrated by some because of that. But truth is, FF7 has one of the deepest most engaging stories I've personally experienced, and that includes film/novels as well.

Not just for the "omg Aeries died" factor. It's the philosophical themes, and metaphors we can draw from it to the real world. Corporations taking control of government. The world ending in catastrophe. Humans effect on the planet.

Not to mention the personal story of Cloud. A confused person who doesn't understand who he truly is, and has trouble accepting his own past, and destiny.

Then you've got Aeries and the "ancients," the wise ones who "speak" with the planet, which I see as those who live as one with it.. understand that we're all one, and shouldn't destroy the earth but live with it in harmony.

Yeah, by your definition of the word I'm a newb. I didn't play the old FF's, I only got into FF7 as a kid probably because it was the cool thing, and everyone was playing it because its graphics were SICK NASTY, YO. But to me, as I've played the game over the years, I find very real depth to the story, more than I can say about damn near any game I've played.

I guess the story wasn't engaging enough for you to remember Aerith/Aeris' name correctly.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 AM   #30
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

FF7 and FF10. I also liked FF13... but I seem to be in the minority on that.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: