Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #16
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Which two-guard should we sign in the Off-season now?

Not Carter. I honestly don't see any names on that list I love, I can see J-Rich potentially working, but not as a long-term piece which we need to become/stay contenders. I think we'll end up having to trade for someone at more cost than we like unless we get realllly lucky this coming draft. I'd almost like to see Shannon Brown come back again even though he isn't as impressive now as he was starting off the season with the Lakers.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We're not over the cap...we don't get the MLE.

And I still want Courtney Lee
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
We're not over the cap...we don't get the MLE.

And I still want Courtney Lee

We will be over the cap next year once Noahs new contract kicks in. I say get Lee but Iggy wouldnt be bad either because it gives us another playmaker, penetrator and good defender.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Iggy, but keep in mind we have to extend Rose and Taj too.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

It is going to be interesting to see how the Bulls go about upgrading the SG position while keeping the core of the team intact under the new CBA. I worry about a constant "hole" at the SG spot or a weakening of the bench due to the money that will be wrapped up in Rose/Deng/Boozer/Noah.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #21
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I mean since rose is already on the team i dont see a problem in having to extend him unless they made a hard cap which has 0% chance of happening and the same with Taj who i dont even see getting a boat load of money. When Rose is in the 1st year of his extension Deng and Iggy will be expiring contracts. I think with iggy you give the bulls a 3-4 year window to actually compete for rings not just the second round.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

With the crap salary they've been paying Bulls since Jordan left, and the fact that they lead in attendance in an expensive city every year, they should have nearly infinite money to play with. The only thing that should even resemble cash restrictions for the Bulls is the salary cap's limitations. Things which the Bulls should be working around.

I hope nobody thinks the Bulls couldn't afford a payroll double the salary cap and STILL make money off the team. They easily could. EASILY.

They've just been cheapasses. They better stop it. And I mean like, now.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #23
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
With the crap salary they've been paying Bulls since Jordan left, and the fact that they lead in attendance in an expensive city every year, they should have nearly infinite money to play with. The only thing that should even resemble cash restrictions for the Bulls is the salary cap's limitations. Things which the Bulls should be working around.

I hope nobody thinks the Bulls couldn't afford a payroll double the salary cap and STILL make money off the team. They easily could. EASILY.

They've just been cheapasses. They better stop it. And I mean like, now.

I agree with you 100%. There is no reason why the Bulls can't be lakers of the east, although it pains me to feel the need to say it that way. If Reinsdorf was fully commited to having a championship team he could/would authorize pax to spend and have the roster needed to win it all.

EDIT: Wow! 800 posts!!!!

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 02-09-2011 at 10:40 PM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #24
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I agree with you 100%. There is no reason why the Bulls can't be lakers of the east, although it pains me to feel the need to say it that way. If Reinsdorf was fully commited to having a championship team he could/would authorize pax to spend and have the roster needed to win it all.

EDIT: Wow! 800 posts!!!!

Exactly. The fans have been so good to the Bulls all these years. I feel like we should be spending, spending, spending. Especially right now because we clearly have the best roster since 98. The East is here to stay. Miami will always be contenders. Where-ever Howard goes, that will be a contending team. Right now is the best time to combat that as a Bulls organization. The re-building days are over. It's time to polish.

Sometimes I dream about how the Bulls would be with a Jerry Buss or Mark Cuban.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: