Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let Us Analyze the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Terrance Jones looks like the type of power 3 that would work good w bargnani and derozen but there is a good chance raps will be in motiejunas range
If we draft Montiejunas I swear, as God as my witness, I will shit in an envelope and send it to Colangelos office. Also I will mark it as Top-Secret and Extremely Urgent so his assistant can't spoil the surprise.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
If we draft Montiejunas I swear, as God as my witness, I will shit in an envelope and send it to Colangelos office. Also I will mark it as Top-Secret and Extremely Urgent so his assistant can't spoil the surprise.

Hahahahaha.

Honestly.. ill be quite pissed if we draft anyone from Europe this year. I realize their is good players that come out of Europe.. but the top prospects this year all look like weak defensive players.. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER BARGNANI!
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i want harrison barnes or kyrie irving
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #19
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
i want harrison barnes or kyrie irving

Thats who I've been saying all along!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'd be happy with one of those two. If we slip a bit, Sullinger or even Kanter would suffice.

I wish I could see more Baylor games, because the only times I've ever seen Perry Jones have been in youtube clips. Hopefully Baylor makes the tournament so I can catch some of his games, because that level of size, skill, athleticism and potential is very intriguing.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd be ok with Montiejunas if he's actually really good and here to replace Bargnani, not play alongside him.

Nothing wrong with European players. There is something really wrong with being known as a "Euro Team" and Jose Calderon being the best Euro player you've had over the past 4+ years.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #22
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd be ok with Montiejunas if he's actually really good and here to replace Bargnani, not play alongside him.

Nothing wrong with European players. There is something really wrong with being known as a "Euro Team" and Jose Calderon being the best Euro player you've had over the past 4+ years.

I know there is nothing wrong with European players.. but I'm just not particularly fond of the ones in this draft.. especially not with our current team. If Montiejunas is who we drafted.. I'm going to be upset. Not because he won't be a good player.. but because he is to much like Bargs and we don't need another player like him. So unless we trade Bargs for ANOTHER LOTTERY PICK.. I want Barnes or Irving.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #23
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd be ok with Montiejunas if he's actually really good and here to replace Bargnani, not play alongside him. Nothing wrong with European players. There is something really wrong with being known as a "Euro Team" and Jose Calderon being the best Euro player you've had over the past 4+ years.

Nice post. Agreed.

Personally I want KI at the point because I think that is the obvious position we want to build for the future.

I think the Montie would be an admission that Barges is eventually going soemwhere else ; though it is possible we could draft him. The thing about the big men available in the draft. "What will they bring that is better than Barges now?"

The obvious answer might be more rebounds but even that is hardly a lock in the first couple of years while they develope.

I also think a big man can be had through trade. Thabeet is the obvious name , but whats his name with the clippers , Oden perhaps with the Blazers, Cousins (unlikely) but if the package were right due to salary cap in Sacremento, Bynum in LA due to the salary cap etc etc.

In short there are "quite rarely" a few big men that could be traded for that are further into their development now - and contribute - compared to drafting a longer term prospect.

The rarity partially because of the labour agreement and the current "hard line talk" on a hard line cap.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #24
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Nice post. Agreed.

Personally I want KI at the point because I think that is the obvious position we want to build for the future.

I think the Montie would be an admission that Barges is eventually going soemwhere else ; though it is possible we could draft him. The thing about the big men available in the draft. "What will they bring that is better than Barges now?"

The obvious answer might be more rebounds but even that is hardly a lock in the first couple of years while they develope.

I also think a big man can be had through trade. Thabeet is the obvious name , but whats his name with the clippers , Oden perhaps with the Blazers, Cousins (unlikely) but if the package were right due to salary cap in Sacremento, Bynum in LA due to the salary cap etc etc.

In short there are "quite rarely" a few big men that could be traded for that are further into their development now - and contribute - compared to drafting a longer term prospect.

The rarity partially because of the labour agreement and the current "hard line talk" on a hard line cap.

I kinda wish we could get Thabeet.. He would be a nice defensive big to add to the young gunz. Only thing is.. if we want him were going to need to go for Mayo and him as a package. Thats not nessecarily a bad thing.. as Mayo is going to be really good.. but then we have to move DeMar over to SF.. losing his height advantage.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Going into 2012 (assuming at least a partial season) I would love :

Thabeet, Davis, Derozan, Baylis, K Irving or B Knight (Kentucky) , A Johnson, Sonny Weems, Andrea Barges as a core 8.

Jose and Reggie moved for a selected "other vetern" pressence. Rip (Pistons) / Dre Miller (Portland) to mentor the rookie.

Young, very well priced at the cap (perhaps under), energetic, upbeat, could be well conditioned to run the floor. Now I know thats no "Boston or Miami" slayer line up but that sort of line up should be able to play as a unit - make good runs regular season and perhaps in the playoffs with the help of no key injuries - or scare some teams if they are injured.

I "think" the right player i.e. a game changer would in fact be attracted to that line up. i.e. to sign as an FA.

Maybe not Melo, Lbron, Bosh, Wade or Cpaul (all on one team for example) - but the next tier of really really good players looking for a contract deal in 2013 onward might want to join that sort of team.

In fact the next CBA may preclude the Miami three from ever happening again (speculation only) so you never know.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Have you guys ever watched Thabeet play?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: