Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Basketball Fan
Local High School Star

Basketball Fan has decent reputationBasketball Fan has decent reputation
Default Dwight Howard voices cartoon character

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/ente...nother-persona

Quote:
Dwight Howard voices cartoon character
Updated: Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011, 9:23 AM EST
Published : Monday, 07 Feb 2011, 11:25 PM EST

By Elizabeth Alvarez
FOX 35 News
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - As if he isn't busy enough these days, NBA superstar Dwight Howard, aka Superman, takes on another persona.

"Hello. I'm Rock Callahan and I'm coming for you, yeah!"

Our cameras were there when the 25-year-old center for the Orlando Magic did a little magic behind the mic. Dwight was recording voice-overs for Disney XD's cartoon "Kick Buttowski - Suburban Daredevil"

The NBA star is playing a movie star in the animated series for season two known as "Rock Callahan."

"Rock is like the ultimate Arnold Schwarzenegger. 'I'll be back.' He's like him like times a hundred million thousand even though that's not a number," said Howard in a one on one interview with the larger than life NBA star towers over me.

Dwight was having a blast.

"I'm like... I'm not in a basketball uniform so this is going to be very cool. I can not wait."

He even had some creative input on his character.

"I heard that they had to widen the shoulders? They did because I was skinny and they I got a little soul patch right here, a little stick of hair so that's pretty cool."

I couldn't help but notice the NBA star had a nice shiner on his eye -- a nasty scratch to his left eye from Sunday's game against the Boston Celtics. So I had to ask if he ever gets any rest?

"My motto is, 'sleep when you die,' so I'm always on the go, trying to do as much as I can while I have the ability to do it. Yeah.. because I'm rock Callahan!"
Basketball Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: