Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

Default Gores was at the game last night.

Maybe an indication that the team is close to being sold? Or already is and are holding a release embargo?
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Gores was at the game last night.

Please let this team get sold in the next few days.... the trading deadline is coming up and I'd really like to see some moves.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

too late for moves, he'll want to evaluate the players, the finances etc. upon taking over. However, I'm very excited about the idea of Gores taking over. He has a very good chance to be Davison version 2.0. He has the money, business pedigree and passion to get it done. The Pistons aren't more than a move or 2 away from being on par with teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee.

A few I'd like to see

Rip or Prince for Kaman(stole this one from ESPN) - They need a veteran swing man with a little length and no longer need Kaman at his pricetag. We need a guy we can dump it in to down low.

Prince,Rip,Maxiell for Brand/Iggy - This one mgiht be hard to pull off, as the Sixers aer starting to click, but it saves them 50 mil or so and puts some better complimentary types around Jrue Holilday and Evan Turner. Collins is a huge Rip fan too. Owner would say yes, GM/HC probably say no.

Rip,Maxiell,1st for Zach Randolph. OJ MAyo has been benched and will likely be dealt for draft picks or something of the like. Rip could be the veteran piece they need to be a playoff team in Memphis. Tony Allen is not a starting SG IMO and if they aren't going to pay Randolph, better get smoething. Our pick should be decently high and rip can play still. No question why we need Zach, though he and Greg aren't great defensively.

Prince,1st for Nene - Melo would have to have been dealt, but if that has happened, they get a starting SF for the rest of the yaer and a solid first round pick for a guy who will probably leave. We can throw Summers in too or something like that.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
too late for moves, he'll want to evaluate the players, the finances etc. upon taking over. However, I'm very excited about the idea of Gores taking over. He has a very good chance to be Davison version 2.0. He has the money, business pedigree and passion to get it done. The Pistons aren't more than a move or 2 away from being on par with teams like Atlanta and Milwaukee.

I don't think it's too late for moves. I would hope that throughout this entire process he evaluated everything before he made the purchase, especially on the financial side of things. I would doubt Gores is a great scout for talent so he would have to trust his GM and coaching staff on that one. Most owners are the ones that look over the financial aspects of the trades and give it a yes or no. I think he probably realizes this team needs a shake up so as long as a trade makes financial sense I think he'd let Joe D pull the trigger right away.

I totally agree we're only a few pieces away from being in the thick of things again. Honestly, I though Milwaukee would have been much better this year. They've had some injuries but it still seems like they could have done more thus far.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: