Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Los Teen Cast ~ Los Angeles Lakers@Boston - 8pm EST/5:00PM PST-2/10/11 (early game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
im surprised that people are giving up on this team... its all part of the journey... this team will grow from each experience and will come together when it matters most, as long as they stay a collective healthy.

i think this squad can get it done again.

Whooooaaaaa........I for one have not given up on this team as it currently is.......I want the team to make moves to make our chances better.

a 75% chance of success is not as good as a 90% chance Right
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Los Teen Cast ~ Los Angeles Lakers@Boston - 8pm EST/5:00PM PST-2/10/11 (early game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Whooooaaaaa........I for one have not given up on this team as it currently is.......I want the team to make moves to make our chances better.

i guess my point is, if you make drastic changes, the lakers could not compete as it takes time for a team to come together especially in a more complex system like the triangle... the more people you swap out, the more you start from scratch.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Adding like 2 guys is not a drastic change tbh. Even adding/changing 1 starter is not a drastic change. Now if it was a couple starters and/or 2+ bench players then yeah, that is pretty drastic. One new starter or 2 new bench guys isn't drastic to me.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #19
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
i guess my point is, if you make drastic changes, the lakers could not compete as it takes time for a team to come together especially in a more complex system like the triangle... the more people you swap out, the more you start from scratch.

its not drastic...who knows if they will run the triangle next year...we dont even know who the Coach will be..

maybe its doc rivers or nate macmillan or Jeff Van gundy.....I know the lakers always have wanted a high profile coach.....

adding Melo....doesnt mean we are giving up on the season....we would be all set if we meet Miami in the finals...

with the CBA changing....we dont know what cap room would be allowed....its better to get stacked right now then later....

Bynum has been lost to last 3 playoffs...and all the time the lakers have been in the finals...adding Melo to that mix changes everything....

I know there are like 1% chance of this happening.....but if it happens...would be good...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:

I definitely get your point however we really don't stick to the triangle the way we used to.....and talent is talent, the triangle is not helping Blake, Brown, Artest etc.....knock down shots.....our offense is quite often stagnant....we could certainly use guys who can create their own shot and are willing to hit shots in big games.......to be able to bring in this type of talent without giving up much is a very rare opportunity......something most teams only experience after several losing years and high draft picks.........we can load up now without experiencing a dip.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #21
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want tomorrow to go perfect. Win my basketball game, go home and watch Lakers win their basketball game and then play some 2k11 and win some more basketball games.

Win, Win and Win!
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #22
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I like boston in this one guys. Lakers don't have that mean streak yet. Plus, like most here wants to see the lakers win but, we all are just hoping and that shouldn't be the case from a two time champs type of team.

I personally wants to see Melo on this lakers team because he brings that toughness it's apart of his game.

If lakers lose tonight rumors will be out of control and then you would have those here that would say "IT'S ONLY REGULAR SEASON"

Bucket up lakers fans "the ROLLERCOASTER RIDE" is coming to town.

Go Lakers...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #23
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
its not drastic...who knows if they will run the triangle next year...we dont even know who the Coach will be..

so you are throwing away THIS season... ok, i get that. if that is your premise, drastic changes are fine.

Quote:
I definitely get your point however we really don't stick to the triangle the way we used to.....and talent is talent, the triangle is not helping Blake, Brown, Artest etc.....knock down shots.....our offense is quite often stagnant....we could certainly use guys who can create their own shot and are willing to hit shots in big games.......to be able to bring in this type of talent without giving up much is a very rare opportunity......something most teams only experience after several losing years and high draft picks.........we can load up now without experiencing a dip.

Yes, the team does not run the triangle the way they used to, but they still run it to some degree. That being said, a player that they would have to acquire would have to fit nicely into some form of that (i.e. how Pau fit in). You put Melo in there, and both he and Kobe need the ball, that's gonna take time to figure out. Also, the team becomes a more uptempo team IMO, which exposes all their defensive weaknesses.

I just don't think its that easy to remove a cornerstone piece and multiple players with more than half the season over and expect them to perform at a championship level.

One or two role players? Absolutely... but what folks are talking about here is much more than that.

And the only reason I am digging in is that I am not giving up on this season if that makes sense.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #24
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Early for you guys, just the right time for me :).
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Adding like 2 guys is not a drastic change tbh. Even adding/changing 1 starter is not a drastic change. Now if it was a couple starters and/or 2+ bench players then yeah, that is pretty drastic. One new starter or 2 new bench guys isn't drastic to me.

it depends on who those guys are... if you have ever played organized sports, you know that it takes time to blend, get to know each other, learn the coaches system, etc... no way they do that in 40 games unless they are a special player. melo does not fit the needs currently, that is... unless they want to blow up the team for future seasons. i won't concede that.

go lakers! beat boston!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Early for you guys, just the right time for me :).

yep, im gonna have to leave work early today! haha

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #27
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yep, im gonna have to leave work early today! haha

Ah bummer, well 5 isn't considered leaving too early, unless your job expects you to stay until 6 or later. You could always catch it on your work computer or iphone. Anyways pm me about some pain pills i can hook you up :).

I always knew there was some reason why you always seemed extra chipper all the time :P.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #28
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan

Lakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLakerlove420 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Los Teen Cast ~ Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston 8pm ET - 2/10/11

Quote:
I'll accept all criticism for saying this:
I think we'll be better off in the long run if we lose this game.
Losing this game will be the last straw and force us to make a deal.....I'm all for that as long as we don't leave ourselves exposed.
Puts me in a very odd position....I don't think i'll watch the game.

Quote:

I understand what you are saying I guess but I disagree with your stance on tonights game. (that's okay it is your opinion and veiwpoint to have but....)

BEAT BOSTON no matter what !
anything but that attitude is kinda weak if you ask me...
long run..thong run if this and if that .. this year.. next year .. .NO!
the time is here right here right now.. if they're going to make a move they're going to if the pieces fit together...we will know soon....
but c'mon guys... bend over and move your panties to the side and prepare to get f*cked man.. cause I'm the one doing the sticking...
If you EVER wish the Celtics to win over the Lakers EVER.. I do not want anything to do with you I don't give a damn... that sh*t will definitely rub me the wrong way...(don't trip DK & friends I respect you as poster(s) but seriously.. get FOCUSED on the task at hand damnit ..
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #29
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If there is one game I want to win in the regular season more then any game...it's this one.

PLEASE GOD LET THE LAKERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #30
DKLaker

Default Re: Los Teen Cast ~ Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston 8pm ET - 2/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
I understand what you are saying I guess but I disagree with your stance on tonights game. (that's okay it is your opinion and veiwpoint to have but....)

BEAT BOSTON no matter what !
anything but that attitude is kinda weak if you ask me...
long run..thong run if this and if that .. this year.. next year .. .NO!
the time is here right here right now.. if they're going to make a move they're going to if the pieces fit together...we will know soon....
but c'mon guys... bend over and move your panties to the side and prepare to get f*cked man.. cause I'm the one doing the sticking...
If you EVER wish the Celtics to win over the Lakers EVER.. I do not want anything to do with you I don't give a damn... that sh*t will definitely rub me the wrong way...(don't trip DK & friends I respect you as poster(s) but seriously.. get FOCUSED on the task at hand damnit ..

I hear ya bro

I HATE Boston.....I grew up in the 60's watching Boston whip us nearly every single year in the Finals.

What I REALLY want is for us to kick Boston's Azz....blow them out.........but still pull off a good deal to make us better. I don't know that we pull off this deal without the frustration of a loss pushing us.
I have lived through the entire existance of the "Los Angeles" Lakers I have seen this team win championships and go through dark rebuilding processes many times.....don't forget, after winning the 71-72 title we declined until Magic came in and we won in 79-80 and then Kareem retired in 88-89, we got nothing until 99-00.....I can put the whole thing in historical perspective....as can Jerry West, which is WHY he made his comments......those who have lived it know the path of both good and bad......and what needs to be done. We need to deal now.....we can win THIS YEAR and keep on winning for a long time, it's a very rare opportunity we have right now.
All this talk about Melo having to learn the Triangle and mesh together.....really? Who is currently starting at SF....Ron Artest.....right.....well give Melo a couple weeks and he'll know the Triangle better than Ron, he'll be able to make layups and hit shots.......hell, if we just do exactly what we do with Ron by telling him to go to the corner and shoot....who'd you rather have taking that shot Melo or Ron? It's really not that hard guys.....and our defense....our 1 defense is childishly basic.......as I said before I got AAU players who know 5 offenses and 6 defenses and can switch almost flawlessly at any moment, they can also identify what the other teams are running within seconds.........so what the Lakers are doing is not hard. Who was playing better this year Barnes or Artest? And how long has Barnes been running the triangle......... Melo would be just fine.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: