Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #16
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Courtney Lee for Asik?

The best players for what we need may cost us way too much (frontcourt depth).

Then we move to plan B, Courtney Lee. Houston wants a center, Chicago wants Lee. Let's find a third team which may be interested in picks + JJ + fillers to send a big man to the Rockets and land us our starting SG.

If everything else fails lets move on to plan C. Send a 2nd round pick to Cleveland for Parker and wait until the offseason to add that final piece.

Last edited by Chicago Brawls : 02-11-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
The fanbase didn't overpay anyone. It's not over-valuing anyone.
Lee is being overvalued for putting up streaks on struggling teams. So lets call that a wash.

The real question is, will the Bulls go further in the playoffs this season with Lee added sans Asik?
Or will we go further next season WITH 2nd year Asik and an upgraded SG that can gel through the entire year?

I forgot you have to be 100% literal on this forum or noone understands what you are saying lol. THE ORG over payed those players and a lot of fans thought they were good moves. Did you watch his rookie year in orlando go back and see that then holler at me. The bulls would go farther this year with Lee because as its been explained time and time again we dont have any money for a good SG to sign in the offseason. For those who think guys like Carter, Richardson, JR smith will be available for the MLE are crazy. We wil have another whole at SG for the next couple years and if we draft one its not like thibs plays rookies. You know what this is all a moot point because bulls already said they arent giving up Asik for Lee which is actually fine with me. I dont want to see any one bitching about bogans in the playoffs when the likes of Ray Allen, D Wade, Joe Johnson, J richardson are abusing his azz....
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #18
game385
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I am certainly open to having Mayo on the Bulls. As always though, what would the Bulls be giving up to acquire OJ? I would expect it to be much more than Asik.

I wouldn't give up anything more than Bogans, (JJ or Asik), the Charlotte draft pick, and Scalabrine to make the numbers work for Mayo. Anything more than that is unexceptable and they should then just wait until the offseason to sign a SG.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I think Houston figured it was worth a try to ask for Asik, but if the Bulls made it obvious they're not willing to deal Asik for Lee then that's the end of that particular deal, but I don't necessarily think we still can't get Lee.

Houston likes to get draft picks and we have a few to spare so I would offer Bogans and our first-rounder and see if they bite right before the deadline.

If we stay as is and wait until the draft I really want us to try our best to move up and get Jordan Hamilton. I've seen plenty of college bball this year and a good number of Texas games and in my opinion he is the most complete shooting guard in the country. Keeping my fingers crossed that somehow we're able to draft him.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
oh_snAP1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I would really like to see this happen. Especially since Omer didn't return the favor when I bought him a lapdance at Scores. True story.
oh_snAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: