Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #151
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Sloan to resign!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Wouldn't be totally against that as the Jazz get a bigman and someone to replace AK who's a decent enough 3pt shooter. Plus they're both expiring so you don't have to worry about long term salary cap implications like you do with Kaman. You could still start Jefferson at the 5, but Foster would be a decent guy off the bench for 15-20 minutes (Better then Elson and Fes anyway)
You should seriously consider changing your avatar to Jeff Foster
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #152
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Done deal then, I'll send the papers to the league office.

Honestly I think it's a solid deal, helps both teams.
Nice dealing with ya

Honestly, I'm kinda glad Sloan is gone because it means Ty is the head coach which is what I wanted and he most likely would have gotten a head coaching gig elsewhere if Sloan stayed until 2013. However I don't like the way Sloan left, it's a terrible way to end such a great career. I wish he could have finished the season and retired quietly, rather than having this drama and stuff about D-Will getting out.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #153
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Nice dealing with ya

Honestly, I'm kinda glad Sloan is gone because it means Ty is the head coach which is what I wanted and he most likely would have gotten a head coaching gig elsewhere if Sloan stayed until 2013. However I don't like the way Sloan left, it's a terrible way to end such a great career. I wish he could have finished the season and retired quietly, rather than having this drama and stuff about D-Will getting out.
I agree. I honestly think Sloan's somewhat of a relic of days long gone and if he stayed longer his ability to relate to today's players would just get progressively worse. Agreed that this is about the worst way for it to happen though, just gotta assume Sloan was told he wouldn't be back next year and being Sloan probably said alright **** it I'm out then.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #154
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Would this type of thing would have happened if Larry Miller was still around instead of Greg Miller? Probably not IMO. Sloan and Larry Miller went hand and hand together.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #155
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I bet they were fighting through out the season. Jefferson took about a month to get rolling. Rookie Hayward hasn't done anything yet Sloan kept giving him the minutes and starting spot whenever AK47 was not in the line up. Raja Bell was stinking up the joint for 10 straight games and was never benched. It's been a rocky season.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #156
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
You should seriously consider changing your avatar to Jeff Foster
Someone get me a Photoshop of Foster in a Jazz uni and it'll be done.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #157
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

tribjazz Brian T. Smith
To be clear: Issues with Sloan weren't just with Williams. Multiple key players have been frustrated with Sloan.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #158
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm seriously having a minor panic attack. My head hurts, feels like a migraine. My mind out of it, and I'm sad and my eyes watery.

I like both Jerry and Deron.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #159
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't be the only one awaiting all the untold crazy stories to start leaking out, I mean there's 23 years worth. $50 on Jerry, Karl, and John all tag teaming a cheerleader at some point.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #160
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation8BeastlyXOIAD has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
I'm seriously having a minor panic attack. My head hurts, feels like a migraine. My mind out of it, and I'm sad and my eyes watery.

I like both Jerry and Deron.

smoke some weed

that is what i do everytime Love outplays Beasley
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #161
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I hope Sloan just goes ballistic at the presser
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #162
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
smoke some weed

that is what i do everytime Love outplays Beasley

God damn you must have a shitload of weed! Beasley is a good player, but Love has outplayed him statistically almost every game this year.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #163
DeronMillsap
Banned

for those without ESPN News: http://www.nba.com/live1/
Old 02-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #164
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Multiple key players have been frustrated with Sloan.

As well as multiple fans. Great day. **** yeah! Finally some hope in Utah.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #165
RiPPn
I hit open layups

RiPPn has an OK reputation so far

Conference is live on nba.com, tissues on the table where they are going to sit, can't believe this is happening!
RiPPn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: