Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far
Default don't understand about draft picks

okay. i'm not understanding why Indiana drafted the way they did. can someone please help me understand?

1st round pick - #17 overall - Shawne Williams. has not been active for 1 game yet this year. today in the USA Today, there is a report that says word is the Pacers are deciding whether or not to send him down to the D-League.

2nd round pick - traded their 2nd round + future 2nd round to get James White. then gave him a guaranteed 1 year contract, then cut him.

the White deal doesn't really bother me that much. but why pick Shawne Williams if you're not even going to play him? also, he is the exact same as the player drafted 1 year earlier, Danny Granger. both are 6'9, both weigh within 3lbs of each other. with all the injuries that Tinsley has battled with in the past couple years, why not have looked at point guard? there were several points guards that could've been taken and most are playing in the NBA and not about to be sent to D League. Marcus Williams, Rajon Rondo, Kyle Lowry (before his inj), Jordan Farmar.

It just seems to me with the #17 pick, you should at least get someone that can play in the NBA, not the D-League. and with Granger, Harrington, Oneal as your forwards, this kid has got very little chance of getting minutes for the next couple of years.

Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 12-07-2006 at 02:13 PM.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
ritchmaq
I airball my layups

ritchmaq has an OK reputation so far

good point there my friend... but as a pacer fan, i respect what walsh n bird did for this team... they're struggling right now but they OK... gotta love this team.. and about shawne williams and james white, they were picked before the trades, right? so the management aren't sure yet what they can get from the trades.. i think s williams was affected on harrington's arrival (too many forwards) and james white was outplayed by marshall in the camp....
ritchmaq is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: