Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Parker rumors

Wow, this one is almost a day old, and nobody here jumped on it?

Anthony Parker to the Bulls for a 2nd round pick hit the rumor mill.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Parker rumors

Is he really any better than Slowgans? Shoots under 40%, plays for the Cavs.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

Anthony Parker ranks 28th among the 3pt FG% leaders at 40.3%, Korver is at 18th spot at 41.6%. I also consider the fact that the Cavs don't have any inside game or any perimeter player that attracts double teams hence its harder for Parker to get open shots.
Last time I checked, Bogans was hitting something like 36% from the 3pt area and most of these shots were WIDE OPEN shots.
If you ask me, he will be an upgrade over Bogans but the biggest question is if Coach Thibs would really use him.
Can he defend the prolific SGs or atleast somewhat negate their contribution.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

I think he wouldn't be that bad of a choice.. considering the price. Hes been a consistent shooter over the years, and playing next to Rose I would expect his percentages to increase back to normal. He definitely wouldn't be my first option though.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

"When NBA tell me premium shooter Anthony Parker for 2 round pick package for season...

I jump in it"
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Anthony Parker ranks 28th among the 3pt FG% leaders at 40.3%, Korver is at 18th spot at 41.6%. I also consider the fact that the Cavs don't have any inside game or any perimeter player that attracts double teams hence its harder for Parker to get open shots.
Last time I checked, Bogans was hitting something like 36% from the 3pt area and most of these shots were WIDE OPEN shots.
If you ask me, he will be an upgrade over Bogans but the biggest question is if Coach Thibs would really use him.
Can he defend the prolific SGs or atleast somewhat negate their contribution.

If he can actually still shoot 40% from three on the Bulls, while not chucking up 4 none 3pt shots at a less than 40% rate, then that'd be okay. I don't think he's a great defender though. He's pretty much average at best.

And technically his scoring efficiency is worse than Bogans. Bogans has a higher eFG% and TS%, despite a lower 3pt% and FG%. Even though that doesn't even sound possible, it's because Parker chucks a lot of stupid shots up that pretty much negates his good 3pt efficiency.

With Bogans' slightly better defense, he's actually been a more efficient player this year. . .believe it or not. :P Based on stats anyway.

Edit: and I'm not sure when I became the resident Bogans defender. But while his normal stats look not so good, his advanced stats don't look so bad. Surprisingly.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #7
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Parker is a good shooter and an unselfish teammate. His defense is a bit weak though. He would definitely be an upgrade over Bogans. If the trade is just a second rounder for Parker, I say go for it. But I do think Courtney Lee would be better for the Bulls than A.P. He is much younger, more versatile, and more athletic, but the only issue is that he is kind of pricey.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think you have to make this move. It's basically a free upgrade, albeit a small one. But a small improvement is an improvement just the same.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
I think you have to make this move. It's basically a free upgrade, albeit a small one. But a small improvement is an improvement just the same.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
All too true. So where do we sign?
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Parker would be a huge addition to the Bulls. He was a guy I was hoping the Bulls looked at. If we could get Parker for scraps, I say do it. We need one more sharp shooter at the two, and Anthony Parker would basically coast on the Bulls. Rose consistently breaks down defenses, and Parker will hit the open jumper. He's looking bad on the Cavs right now because well...they suck all together.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Take his jersey size and get him some red sneakers--hurry.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #13
SinJackal
Banned

This still seems like a lateral move to me. Wish the Bulls front office would set their sights a little higher. :\
Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Id pass on Parker because of his recent injury issues. His back has been a concern all season. He probably just needs to rest it and that can't happen until the offseason. Id rather go after someone who can actually make a difference.

Names that come to mind are Thorton, JR Smith, Lee, and my two darkhorses Arron Afflalo and Wes Matthews. If we can't get one of these guys we should wait until the offseason. This upcoming draft is pretty weak except at shooting guard. We could look at LaceDarius Dunn, Malcom Lee, Klay Thompson, McCamey could play alongide Rose. There are options far better than Anthony Parker.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Id prefer Courney Lee. Dont give up Asik though.
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: