Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Nuggets crawling back to Nets? Obviously

Quote:
Quoting a source "with intimate knowledge of the situation," Alan Hahn of Newsday writes, "the Nuggets are trying to re-engage the Nets in talks about that multi-pick deal that included Derrick Favors" and that 'Melo "could tell the Nets he'll take the extension and wait the two years to play in Brooklyn" because Anthony "has gotten so tired of the process."

If we get back into this, I think we have to get it done. Now, it can be on our terms, so they would have to accept a lesser deal.

Prokhorov needs to put his pride in the backseat for a moment and seriously consider this.

I'm sorry, but the team we have right now won't get it done, and it won't be fixed by adding one player here and there through the draft. Derrick Favors can become a very serviceable player but not a star/game changer with the passiveness he plays with. The chances of adding a draft pick and turning this franchise around ala Kevin Durant is very slim.

Please Prokhorov, show me a sign that your five year plan wasn't just lip service. Give me a reason to cheer for this team.

Because sitting on your butt and waiting for your miracle "Kevin Durant" is something the Clippers and Timberwolves do. And where are they? In the lottery every year, going nowhere.

Again, give me something to cheer for. I have been really patient.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Nuggets crawling back to Nets? Obviously

Yeah keep believing the stories Carmelos agents throw out there- they have all had so much reality in them
Nets have zero chance at Carmelo until Lopez is in the deal- if you don't want to put Lopez in the deal than you don't actually want Carmelo
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Yeah keep believing the stories Carmelos agents throw out there- they have all had so much reality in them
Nets have zero chance at Carmelo until Lopez is in the deal- if you don't want to put Lopez in the deal than you don't actually want Carmelo
No way are we giving up Lopez. Anyway, Melo will have not much of a choice if Knicks dont make a move. Unless he wants to lose tons of Money or just stay in Denver.
12 more days just get this over with.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:

Umm..... Lopez was never in this discussion. The only sticking point was whether Carmelo would sign the extension here.

Every beat writer was reporting the Nuggets interest in what the Nets were offering.

Yeah, and like Denver can choose who we offer. Carmelo wants out and there isn't a deal from any other team close to ours. They can either take what we offer or lose their star for table scraps.

It's their choice.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

There is no way Denver has leverage on this trade. Unless they rather lose him for nothing...
EDIT: It is Denver that is crawling back into discussions with NJ. It's not like NJ has to step their offer. It's actually the opposite with Denver making it a little less sweet than it was before.

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 02-13-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
BuffaloNetsFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BuffaloNetsFan has decent reputation

Get it done. Send them Favors and whatever, that's fine. Bringing in Anthony will not only make the team better but will give us legit shots at major free agents. It's a franchise changing move that needs to be done.
BuffaloNetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

We either keep favors or keep this year's number one pick. We shouldn't trade both at this point. Are we really going to get back into this game of "let them walk all over us?" This is a joke right?
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/17/1...the-trump-card

WTF ^ It says 4 1st round picks + Favors + we're taking back balkman among other players. THIS MAKES NO SENSE...I'm about to become a knick's fan. At least their staff knows that Denver has dick as far as leverage.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/2/17/1...the-trump-card

WTF ^ It says 4 1st round picks + Favors + we're taking back balkman among other players. THIS MAKES NO SENSE...I'm about to become a knick's fan. At least their staff knows that Denver has dick as far as leverage.
Yea our chances of getting a prospect will be low if this trade goes through.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nets need to do this. I am with Recspecs. This is a SUPERSTAR DRIVEN league. I have a feeling it is not going to happen for whatever reason though.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Nets need to do this. I am with Recspecs. This is a SUPERSTAR DRIVEN league. I have a feeling it is not going to happen for whatever reason though.
Prokhy has rented a private suite in L.A to meet with Melo. But the Nuggets invited Don from the Knicks to meet with him also. Something is Fishy.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Prokhy has rented a private suite in L.A to meet with Melo. But the Nuggets invited Don from the Knicks to meet with him also. Something is Fishy.
I think it has something to do with Murphy's contract. I really dont see the big deal about it. it expires. Nuggets don't want it though. They are trying to trade it away.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
Puretalent365
I airball my layups

Puretalent365 has an OK reputation so far

Sry But Melo isnt worth 4 draft picks really five counting Favors. This is the Walker trade that made the cowboys an elite team and the vikings srcubs. The Nets will be the Vikings in this case. Build This team thru the draft(H.Barnes/T.Jones) and "SMART" free agency moves(Spend Money on the right players) and trades(Mayo/K.Hinrich[s/p]).
Puretalent365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Just got Negged by Knick fans for saying that NY is not the only place he wants to be
Old 02-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puretalent365
Sry But Melo isnt worth 4 draft picks really five counting Favors. This is the Walker trade that made the cowboys an elite team and the vikings srcubs. The Nets will be the Vikings in this case. Build This team thru the draft(H.Barnes/T.Jones) and "SMART" free agency moves(Spend Money on the right players) and trades(Mayo/K.Hinrich[s/p]).

yeah thats what teams like the clippers and timberwolves do. even if we're lucky enough to land someone like blake grifin or kevin love which we won't in this draft, look at where they are now. are they even close to contending?

the only two legit teams that have successfully built through the draft are the spurs and thunder. and i don't consider the thunder a contender.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: