Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation
Default Re: Nuggets crawling back to Nets? Obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
yeah thats what teams like the clippers and timberwolves do. even if we're lucky enough to land someone like blake grifin or kevin love which we won't in this draft, look at where they are now. are they even close to contending?

the only two legit teams that have successfully built through the draft are the spurs and thunder. and i don't consider the thunder a contender.

And giving away everything plus the kitchen sink makes us contenders? How does a team of brook lopez and Carmelo make us contenders in the foreseeable future (and by foreseeable I mean 3 years because lets face it, he's gone after that)? We will not be contenders period. This is an absolute waste of picks.

If the argument is "we are going after another big free agent in 2012 and Melo will spearhead this," I will say the following: We have no idea at all what the CBA will hold and we do not have a Crystal ball that will show that any of the free agents will still want to play for the Nets with Melo.

All i see are people "wishfully thinking" and not following the path of concrete method of building a team. And to add to the argument that building through the draft does not work (with a reference to Thunder and Spurs), I'd add that Portland was on its way to becoming a contender before injuries, New Orleans were considered 2-3 years ago and they drafted BOTH David West and Paul. The point is that the argument of building threw the draft is not sensible is ludicrous at best.

Also, sorry if this sounds like I'm attacking you RecSpecs or anyone else. I'm really not. This is meant strictly as a debate. :)
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i do not have words to express how utterly disgusted i am by this report.

maybe, possibly, hopefully, this is just a strategic tool in order to bargain the NY knicks down a litle bit.

otherwise, this is sheer madness- giving up a starting PG and a promising PF, plus ----FOUR---- #1 draft picks for a proven loser like carmelo anthony????

rosen said it best- this guy is an egomaniac and a team-killer. so stay away from him at all costs:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/c...ey-nets-021711
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #18
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

that trade isn't any closer
nj is offering the 2011 1st right? Because a first from a team carmelo is on or a lakers pick don't mean sHhh , favors is a dud as a too 5 pick and so him on a #3 pick salary and four late 1st round picks is hard to even make space for on a roster- your next pick is worth more than favors
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #19
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i do not have words to express how utterly disgusted i am by this report.

maybe, possibly, hopefully, this is just a strategic tool in order to bargain the NY knicks down a litle bit.

otherwise, this is sheer madness- giving up a starting PG and a promising PF, plus ----FOUR---- #1 draft picks for a proven loser like carmelo anthony????

rosen said it best- this guy is an egomaniac and a team-killer. so stay away from him at all costs:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/c...ey-nets-021711

the price is unheard of. but what do you propose we do? continue to draft non-difference makers? since kenyon martin, what draftee has even given us a hint of help? even kenyon needed a star in kidd for this team to rise.

proven loser? hes been to the playoffs every year and gave the lakers a run for their money two years ago. proven loser? what does that make us? super duper proven losers?
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the price is unheard of. but what do you propose we do? continue to draft non-difference makers? since kenyon martin, what draftee has even given us a hint of help? even kenyon needed a star in kidd for this team to rise.
That's what I'm saying. How many are even on the team anymore? Only Lopez and Favors in the last 10 years.

Quote:
proven loser? hes been to the playoffs every year and gave the lakers a run for their money two years ago. proven loser? what does that make us? super duper proven losers?
This is also right. No matter what the team is. He brings them to the playoffs. He brought a 17-65 team to 43-39 the Next year as a rookie. Why waste what Lopez can do? Lopez needs this. This is huge for Lopez to get back on track imo.

There is only one loser and that is Devin. He hasn't improved his game at all. in fact he has gotten a lot worse. He played for a 12 win team. He is pretty injury prone. He is also pretty inconsistent.It's time for a new era. The draft is too risky. What are the chances? When will there be another difference make like Durant or LeBron? Certainly not this draft.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #21
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

yeah lopez and favors were great picks but its meaningless if it doesnt convert to wins. 12 wins last season and 17 so far this season.

what makes you think the picks that we have will be of much significance? 3 of them are mid to late first rounders and our own one is this years draft which is weak. and we prob wont even have a top 5 pick.

people keep saying carmelo is overrated. personally i think draft picks (especially non lottery) are overrated. at least carmelo is proven. at least we know what hes capable of doing.

and if youre a free agent like chris paul or deron williams, do you want to play with carmelo or a bunch of projects who struggle to win 20 games together?

please get real. being the selfish person that i am, i want to see the nets win a championship or at least try to contend before im 50. and sitting in the lottery every year isnt goingg to improve our chances. it will literally make us the clippers of the east.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #22
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rubbish, and absolute rubbish:

i can't believe you two are trying to defend this carmelo nonsense with such equally specious nonsense.

as if every draft in the past should be the same as every draft going forward..

regardless, if the trade happens as written, you can count on me as being the biggest anti-nets fan in history. because this would absolutely be the dumbest trade ever conducted in NBA history.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #23
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeah lopez and favors were great picks but its meaningless if it doesnt convert to wins. 12 wins last season and 17 so far this season.

what makes you think the picks that we have will be of much significance? 3 of them are mid to late first rounders and our own one is this years draft which is weak. and we prob wont even have a top 5 pick.

people keep saying carmelo is overrated. personally i think draft picks (especially non lottery) are overrated. at least carmelo is proven. at least we know what hes capable of doing.

and if youre a free agent like chris paul or deron williams, do you want to play with carmelo or a bunch of projects who struggle to win 20 games together?

please get real. being the selfish person that i am, i want to see the nets win a championship or at least try to contend before im 50. and sitting in the lottery every year isnt goingg to improve our chances. it will literally make us the clippers of the east.
I agree with this. IDK what picks are included. But I know we are probably giving up La's, Houston's, Golden State's that have been protected for years now. I am not a big fan of Chauncey but at least he is a proven winner. I think Melo' is underrated. It may seem like a lot with the draft picks. but it's not like the Nets are giving up 3 lottery guaranteed picks.
Sorry gigantes- I am just not sold on Favors (and his supposed athleticism)
Old 02-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Prokhorov arived in L.A today. Nets are still alive in this. SMH at Knick fans thinking the Nets have no chance , Don't bother arguing with them you'll get Negged for voicing your opinion.
Could the Rookie challenge be Favors last game in a Nets uniform?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Prokhorov arived in L.A today. Nets are still alive in this. SMH at Knick fans thinking the Nets have no chance , Don't bother arguing with them you'll get Negged for voicing your opinion.
Was the Rookie challenge Favors last game in a Nets uniform?
LOL, I got negged in here and in the NBA forum. what can ya' do? I have enough anyway lol.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #26
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
LOL, I got negged in here and in the NBA forum. what can ya' do? I have enough anyway lol.
Its not like I was trolling, all I said was theres no valid proof that Melo will be a Knick, theres still a chance he could be a Net. But they think its impossible. But whatever.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

what makes you so sure that our luck will change in the draft? what makes you sure that our picks will land us a player of carmelo's calibur?

wasn't sheldon williams a first round pick and a college stud at duke? how is he now? how do you know one of the picks won't be just another sheldon or tyrus thomas or antoine wright or marcus williams? how are you so damn sure?

look i don't like it either that we're giving up so much? but look at the two scenarios. we can either take a step towards contension and getting other big name free agents like a mentioned going into brooklyn or settle below mediocrity like the other perennial lottery bound teams.

do you want the nets to win a title? do you watch nets games? or are the nets your backup team while you root for kidd, carter, rj and former nets? bc if thats the case thats fine. thats your prerogative. but me? i root for one team and one team only. im tired of us not only losing but losing without caring. it clear enough we need wholesale changes.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #28
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

This is it Nets fans. Carmelo Anthony will sit down with Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay Z, and company tongiht... Hope for the best!
Quote:
With reports that the Nuggets and Knicks are having problems working out details of a trade that would bring Carmelo Anthony to Madison Square Garden, both Frank Isola and Adrian Wojnarowski are reporting that Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z will meet with Anthony in Los Angeles Saturday night.
link
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #29
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Quote:
rubbish, and absolute rubbish:

i can't believe you two are trying to defend this carmelo nonsense with such equally specious nonsense.

as if every draft in the past should be the same as every draft going forward..

regardless, if the trade happens as written, you can count on me as being the biggest anti-nets fan in history. because this would absolutely be the dumbest trade ever conducted in NBA history.

This is what I'm thinking, and its not like we are just counting on the draft. We draft and have a lot of cap space, then you draft some excellent talent and pick up a star free agent. That is currently what we are trying to do but were jumping the gun to soon. We got a sniff of a superstar wanting out, and we wanna give up what ever to get him. But we haven't been in the process to have enough to trade and be contenders, We make this trade and were still a first round exit. We wait and find a better deal when were more ready and we can become contenders.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #30
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
This is what I'm thinking, and its not like we are just counting on the draft. We draft and have a lot of cap space, then you draft some excellent talent and pick up a star free agent. That is currently what we are trying to do but were jumping the gun to soon. We got a sniff of a superstar wanting out, and we wanna give up what ever to get him. But we haven't been in the process to have enough to trade and be contenders, We make this trade and were still a first round exit. We wait and find a better deal when were more ready and we can become contenders.

i supported the decisions to trade kidd, r, and carter to clear cap space, bc we had no flexiblity. but last summer made me realize that we need someone to attract free agents.

look at what happened last summer. we got outlaw and petro. cap space doesn't mean anything if the free agents don't want to play for the team. and big free agents want to play for a contender or at least a potential contender.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: