Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #31
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Nuggets crawling back to Nets? Obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
This is what I'm thinking, and its not like we are just counting on the draft. We draft and have a lot of cap space, then you draft some excellent talent and pick up a star free agent. That is currently what we are trying to do but were jumping the gun to soon. We got a sniff of a superstar wanting out, and we wanna give up what ever to get him. But we haven't been in the process to have enough to trade and be contenders, We make this trade and were still a first round exit. We wait and find a better deal when were more ready and we can become contenders.

i supported the decisions to trade kidd, rj, and carter to clear cap space, bc we had no flexiblity. but last summer made me realize that we need someone to attract free agents.

look at what happened last summer. we got outlaw and petro. cap space doesn't mean anything if the free agents don't want to play for the team. and big free agents want to play for a contender or at least a potential contender.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #32
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

if we don't get carmelo, what makes you think quality free agents would want to sign with the nets. look at our record, look at our perception. we're viewed as a second class organization.

why would anyone want to sign here? if you had the choice, would you? lets be honest here. no big free agents are jumping to sign with the timberwolves or clippers for the same reason.

btw sorry for the triple post. im typing on my phone and its a pain.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #33
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

if we don't get carmelo or star/franchise player, what makes you think quality free agents would want to come here going into brooklyn? look at our record. look at how we're perceived. we're viewed as a second class organization. when vc was traded here, he wanted to play with kidd, a star.

why would a big free agent want to join the nets? if you had a choice, would you? why is nobody jumping to sign with the clippers or timberwolves? the exact same reason.

btw sorry for the triple post. im typing on my phone and its a pain.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #34
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
This is it Nets fans. Carmelo Anthony will sit down with Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay Z, and company tongiht... Hope for the best!

link
I heard from Woj that the Nets are not Optimistic he will join the Nets.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #35
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
I heard from Woj that the Nets are not Optimistic he will join the Nets.
Quote:
According to ESPN.com, the meeting lasted about 40 minutes and Anthony neither accepted nor rejected the Nets. He wants time to think about it. Anthony’s future could be known by Sunday or Monday and he’s likely going to be a Net or a Knick.
link
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #36
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Its ridiculous how Knick fans think its only the Knicks and Melo has no other option.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #37
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Its ridiculous how Knick fans think its only the Knicks and Melo has no other option.
Do you blame them... they probably think the same thing towards us. lol
Old 02-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #38
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Do you blame them... they probably think the same thing towards us. lol
To be honest i know NY is his first option but to say he wants to only be a Knick is ludicrous. And if this does not work out Nets will trade
Harris ( Rather have him then Mller )
Morrow ( Hope Not to trade him )
Outlaw ( )

For
Miller ( Please No )
Rudy Fernandez (Sounds good)
Pryzbilla ( really good back up C when healthy
Old 02-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #39
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
To be honest i know NY is his first option but to say he wants to only be a Knick is ludicrous. And if this does not work out Nets will trade
Harris ( Rather have him then Mller )
Morrow ( Hope Not to trade him )
Outlaw ( )

For
Miller ( Please No )
Rudy Fernandez (Sounds good)
Pryzbilla ( really good back up C when healthy
Take Morrow out and I would do that!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #40
D12"Magic"
College superstar

Quote:
Take Morrow out and I would do that!
Thats the Back up plan, I like Rudy and I will take Pryzbilla in a heart beat to play over Petro. But getting a 35 year old Miller is a downgrade.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #41
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Thats the Back up plan, I like Rudy and I will take Pryzbilla in a heart beat to play over Petro. But getting a 35 year old Miller is a downgrade.
I don't see much improvement from Harris anyway. I'd take Rudy and the expiring anyday. A replacement in Miller also makes it nice. old or not, he can still ball.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #42
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Hello gents. Im not coming in here to start a flame war but would like to offer something in what may be in Melos perspective as to why the Knicks would be the better option than the Nets.

1) Knicks have Amare. After this trade the Nets will only have Melo if he goes to NJ. No other Star power to help assist him. And no one will be running to a depleted Net team either.

2) 4 number 1 picks will leave the team squandering every season to fill in positions reaking havoc on the front office worrying about cap space.

3) Landing Melo will not get the Nets to the finals. Knicks however have more options to land decent role players who will love playing with Melo and Amare, 2 Stars.

4) Knicks are playoff bound this season. Nets are not. Does Melo really want to join a team that is literally starting from point A or would he prefer a team that is already at point C,,,, I think this is a valid arguement from a NYK fans point of view. Again Im not coming in here looking to start a flame war. I understand the frustration you may feel from talking with Knick fans about this. But we have to read the entire book before we think we already know the story from a few pages in.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #43
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

The thing was last summer we really had nothing to attract, i agree and I do not blame the players for not coming here. But giving up all this to land Melo is rushing into this. This is the first superstar that we have been given the option of getting. What we need to go is build our team with a little more youngs and then trade for a superstore when we have enough young to trade and keep some to make us contenders, then we also bring in free agents. But if we trade for Melo now, we do not have a whole lot to work with him to take us far into the playoffs. We will be a first round exit. And we did enough of those with the Kidd, Carter, RJ era.

However the trade of Harris for Miller, I like, unless Morrow is included in the deal, I really like his 3 point shooting. The reason is I dont think Harris is the point guard for us and I have been a huge supporter of him. But we need more of a pass first point guard. So we take miller who is like that and we keep him until either we can draft Irving in the draft...or We try and get a free agent in a couple years (CP3, Williams). By then we should have more talent on the team to impress free agents.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Hello gents. Im not coming in here to start a flame war but would like to offer something in what may be in Melos perspective as to why the Knicks would be the better option than the Nets.
Fair enough.

Quote:
1) Knicks have Amare. After this trade the Nets will only have Melo if he goes to NJ. No other Star power to help assist him. And no one will be running to a depleted Net team either.
Brook Lopez is an underrated asset. He may not be the best rebounder but he is one of the better scoring Centers as a 1st option. It should be easier for him(pressure wise) when the Nets recieve the best scorer in basketball.

Quote:
2) 4 number 1 picks will leave the team squandering every season to fill in positions reaking havoc on the front office worrying about cap space.
That's what free agency is for. It's not like they are all lotto picks.

Quote:
3) Landing Melo will not get the Nets to the finals. Knicks however have more options to land decent role players who will love playing with Melo and Amare, 2 Stars.

I doubt it brings the knicks to the finals. They would definitely be in bad shape with the lack of depth and the fact that Chauncey(the floor general) would have to get used to a fast pace after being successful in a halfcourt offense. I'm sure Melo and Lopez can attract role players too. I don't see why not. The Nets have planty of role players anyway.

Quote:
4) Knicks are playoff bound this season. Nets are not. Does Melo really want to join a team that is literally starting from point A or would he prefer a team that is already at point C,,,, I think this is a valid arguement from a NYK fans point of view. Again Im not coming in here looking to start a flame war. I understand the frustration you may feel from talking with Knick fans about this. But we have to read the entire book before we think we already know the story from a few pages in.
I understand and that is very good point. Melo is still young however. The Nets will not trade for him without a contract extension. The Nets have the room to sign a big FA in 2012 just like the Knicks can. It's no differen't. The knicks are giving up how many players/ assets? They aren't exactly in very good shape after the deal goes down either. Both will not have a chance to win it this season anyway. IMHO
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #45
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

i too winced at the idea of giving 4 picks. i think 2 picks and favors is more than enough. i would love for us to bargain some more and get a lesser deal, but the big picture is that we have 4 days to get this guy and we're moving into brooklyn next year.

i feel as if we miss out again, then 2012 will seem like deja vu. i don't see cp3 or deron coming here to a bunch of projects. they want to win soon.

then we have no other choice but to build completely on our own, which sometimes works like okc did but most times doesn't.

3 of the picks are lottery protected. we've had numerous mid to late fist round picks over the years that turned into complete busts. im tired of seeing the same thing happen again and again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: