Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #16
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
In America (where black and white tensions have always been high) white peopel control most things, and the distribution of power has not always been fair

I don't know that that statement is true anymore. The emancipation proclamation was signed over 100 years ago. But we're still dealing with the race card.

Why?

If a black gentleman ran for presidency, he would probably not be elected because he was black.

But. The laws state that a black man has to have the same opportunities as everyone else, regardless of skin color.

So if more people used those opportunities instead of always saying they're being put down because they're black, then maybe that stereotype wouldn't exist anymore.

I hope that if reincarnation exists, I get the opportunity to be black the next time around to see if it's really as bad as they complain about.

I see a lot of separation caused by black people. I work in an area that is predominantly white. But there is still a large population of people who are black. But when I go to work, all the black people at my job site are nice to each other and tend to group together. Why is that? I have never in my 8 years in the working world seen an employee anywhere I work say anything racial, or condone or use a stereotype, so why do the black employees feel the need to group together. They're creating a segregation on their own?

If everyone treated everyone equally, not just whites, but blacks as well, and intermingled equally, then where is the race card then?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:56 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Amen.

I'm certainly not seeing it.

You're blind.

Quote:
Seems to me there are a lot more black athletes and they get paid pretty well.

And the people paying them are what? Shhhhhhhh

Quote:
I work at a god damn retail store making less than $12/hour.

So? You're taking your case to disprove what is said? I know a black person who doesnt have a job. So now what? Your $12/hr looks good compared to them.

Allen Iverson and his wealthy self would get pulled over by a cop before you and your $12/hr does. Why is that?

Quote:
I don't agree with what Kramer did, but I also think there's a double standard.

Why is it acceptable for Chris Rock to bash white people all day, but if a white comedian makes a joke it they get ridiculed for it?


Wrong, white comedians have made jokes about other races especially blacks...and guess what? It gets laughs. Jimmy Kimmel recently hosted awards and he took shots and mocked the black race. People found it funny. No backlash. He even used words that could be considered offensive to females.


Here is Jeff Ross...you wath this video and tehn tell me there is a double standard to what Chris Rock can say and Jeff Ross cant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPG6zftm3bY

Audience is predominantly black.

Quote:
And I'm not talking about Kramer. He was out of line. But not as much as they made it out to be. Did he say something offensive? Yes. Absolutely. Was he out of line? Yes. Is he a racist? Maybe. Dunno.

Yes we dont know....but he also appeared in a black face sketch. There is a video of that. So who knows but he hasnt given people to feel otherwise either.

Quote:
I do know that there is no word you can call a white person that they will find that offensive. But if you called a woman the c word, then she'd get just as pissed as calling a black woman the n word.
\

Because white people are the ones who created the word in a negative manner to break down the black race. Strip them of who they are. So of course you'll be hard pressed to find a word that offends whites like the n word offends blacks.

Quote:
Also, if a bunch of black guys jump a white guy it's a crime. But if a bunch of white guys jump a black guy and say the N word, it's a hate crime. What the f? They both got their ass kicked, why does it matter the reason? That's ignorant.

And the last time i checked racial profiling doesnt affect white people.
Last time i checked the cops who have been murdering people recently werent white to my knowledge.

Why is that?

Quote:
And black people if you don't like the N word so god damn much, then quit calling each other ni@@ers.

Thats ignorant and you know it.

Quote:
Otherwise, shut the f up.

Mathius

Take your own advice.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
If a black gentleman ran for presidency, he would probably not be elected because he was black.

But. The laws state that a black man has to have the same opportunities as everyone else, regardless of skin color.

So if more people used those opportunities instead of always saying they're being put down because they're black, then maybe that stereotype wouldn't exist anymore.

Oh i get it genius. If more black people stepped up and ran for president then they are now using the opputunities given. Even if they dont get elected the fact that they are using the oppurtunity of running is what matters right? IS that what you're saying because its flat out retarded.

If thats not then explain.

You're totally clueless. I see you havent had much experience with this subject.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #19
reppy
Apparently likes anime
 
reppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,183
reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
And the last time i checked racial profiling doesnt affect white people.

It does, but only when it comes to stuff like catching serial killers. If I recall, they originally thought the Beltway Sniper was a white person.

Also it's kind of funny when people say "white people control the world" and no one bats an eyelash. Is that not racist? What if you replaced the word "white" with "Jewish"? Does someone perk up then?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #20
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,272
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Amen.

I'm certainly not seeing it.

Seems to me there are a lot more black athletes and they get paid pretty well.

I work at a god damn retail store making less than $12/hour.

As with every statistic, not everybody is gonna be one way or another. Obviously there are gonna be some poor and even homeless whites, but the number compared to blacks is not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't agree with what Kramer did, but I also think there's a double standard.

Why is it acceptable for Chris Rock to bash white people all day, but if a white comedian makes a joke it they get ridiculed for it?

Chris rock may "bash white people," but it's all a part of his stand up act. I'm sure he means a lot of it, but at the same time, tell me something he's said that would make him seem like a racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
And I'm not talking about Kramer. He was out of line. But not as much as they made it out to be. Did he say something offensive? Yes. Absolutely. Was he out of line? Yes. Is he a racist? Maybe. Dunno.

I do know that there is no word you can call a white person that they will find that offensive. But if you called a woman the c word, then she'd get just as pissed as calling a black woman the n word.

I think the race card is totally overplayed. And those guys at the night club want money for retribution? Obviously they're just out to get something out of him. That's freedom of speech, you can't ask for money. Can I go ask for money from some guy who calls me a cracker?

Wow, people really don't understand the significance of the word. The fact that it was way out of line and should never have been said? justified. The fact that they want money out of it? maybe not so much. But let me guess, are you someone who thinks that Kobe raped the girl and she deserved the money? If so, that's a double standard. And if not, you'd realize that poor people generally jump at the opportunity to sue rich people, no matter what race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Also, if a bunch of black guys jump a white guy it's a crime. But if a bunch of white guys jump a black guy and say the N word, it's a hate crime. What the f? They both got their ass kicked, why does it matter the reason? That's ignorant.

And black people if you don't like the N word so god damn much, then quit calling each other ni@@ers.

Otherwise, shut the f up.

Mathius

Stereotypical
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Oh i get it genius. If more black people stepped up and ran for president then they are now using the opputunities given. Even if they dont get elected the fact that they are using the oppurtunity of running is what matters right? IS that what you're saying because its flat out retarded.

If thats not then explain.

You're totally clueless. I see you havent had much experience with this subject.

That's ignorant. I'm not saying anything about anyone running for presidency. Personally I could give a crap. Politicians are all corrupt and it doesn't really matter to me who is in the white house.

I was just making a statement about the state of our country. A black man couldn't be elected for presidency.

But if the last 20 years had been spent improving instead of *****ing about the state of things, things would be different.

I posted some damn good examples of things that you're right, I don't understand. I'm white. I'm not black. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it IS harder. But white people deal with hard **** too. Quit *****ing about it and do something about it.

I know damn well I'm a failure. I didn't go to college because I didn't know what I wanted to do and so it wasn't worthwhile to me to spend my money to go. My parents couldn't afford to send me. So I started working, to have money and hopefully have a place of my own. The company I started with has advancement opportunities. I could make 60k a year with them if I put some hard work into it. But I don't believe in the company and so I'm not willing to work for it.

But I understand that my circumstances are my fault and no one elses. I don't sit there and ***** that it's the companies fault that I'm making $12. It's MY fault. MY problem. The answer is to go back to school, or find another job, or both.

The guy who runs my building is black. Should I blame him? You guys accused me of being stereotypical. Is that stereotypical that in a building that has at least 300 employees, the head guy is black?

Should I blame my parents because they didn't pay for me to go to college?

Should I expect everything to be handed to me?

Stop *****ing about how the white man has you down, and go to school and make money. And if someone's really out of line racist, then file a lawsuit.

Don't whine about how hard things are. Do something about them.

You guys did exactly what I been *****ing about in my two posts. You *****ed about how I "don't understand", I'm "sterotypical", etc.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #22
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

And why should racial profiling effect white people? That's why it's profiling by race! The people taking part in terrorist activities are mostly from the Middle East. So why should we pile on a bunch of political bull**** and start randomly pulling over white guys or even black guys and stopping them at air ports. The problem is coming from the middle east. OOOH it's offensive to muslims, or people from the middle east. So what? It's about safety, stupid. It's about saving lives.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
But white people deal with hard **** too. Quit *****ing about it and do something about it.

No white person can say that to a black person. Only a black person can tell another black person that. And white people deal with hard ***** too but at the end of the day? You'll get that job over that black man. You wont get harrassed by cops. White people are always one up on the black man when situations are even. Just how it is.

Quote:
I know damn well I'm a failure. I didn't go to college because I didn't know what I wanted to do and so it wasn't worthwhile to me to spend my money to go. My parents couldn't afford to send me. So I started working, to have money and hopefully have a place of my own. The company I started with has advancement opportunities. I could make 60k a year with them if I put some hard work into it. But I don't believe in the company and so I'm not willing to work for it.

But I understand that my circumstances are my fault and no one elses. I don't sit there and ***** that it's the companies fault that I'm making $12. It's MY fault. MY problem. The answer is to go back to school, or find another job, or both.

Thats good...obviously you're not gonna compromise whatever it is that is keeping you from taking that 60K a year with the company you're at.

Quote:
The guy who runs my building is black. Should I blame him? You guys accused me of being stereotypical. Is that stereotypical that in a building that has at least 300 employees, the head guy is black?

Should I blame my parents because they didn't pay for me to go to college?

Should I expect everything to be handed to me?

Stop *****ing about how the white man has you down, and go to school and make money. And if someone's really out of line racist, then file a lawsuit.

You lost me with your rant there...but yeah file a lawsuit then you'll be in here jumping on the black people who did just that. Go figure.

Quote:
Don't whine about how hard things are. Do something about them.

You're under the assumption that something isnt being done.

Quote:
You guys did exactly what I been *****ing about in my two posts. You *****ed about how I "don't understand", I'm "sterotypical", etc.

Mathius

You dont understand. Thats the thing...you dont have a grasp of the struggle to be a black man. But you make it seem like its so damn simple. If only you could be put in the shoes of a black man for a month. Maybe you'll better understand. Cause right now? You dont. All you have a clue on is how to make your situation better and how an oppurtunity is at your fingertips but you are weighing your options for the time being.


Its good to see you have "parents".
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #24
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You lost me with your rant there...but yeah file a lawsuit then you'll be in here jumping on the black people who did just that. Go figure.

Yeah, because I'm still not sold on what Kramer did being racist. It's an insult. Big f'ing deal? It's racist because you say it is.

Nobody deserves compensation from anyone for words. First off, words can't hurt you unless you haven't grown up yet. Second, there's something called freedom of speech and it works two ways.

You can say whatever you want, and you might not like what you hear.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #25
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
That's ignorant. I'm not saying anything about anyone running for presidency. Personally I could give a crap. Politicians are all corrupt and it doesn't really matter to me who is in the white house.
I bet if a black person was in the white house it would matter to you. If anything went wrong, they'd be the first to blame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
But if the last 20 years had been spent improving instead of *****ing about the state of things, things would be different.
That's an ignorant statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
But white people deal with hard **** too. Quit *****ing about it and do something about it.
I'm sure they do.. but sometimes you're not in a situation to "do something about it." When I get asked to empty my pockets in a store, or followed around with someone saying, "can i help you?" is there anything i can do about it? If I am well qualified for a job and a white person gets it over me, can I do something about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I know damn well I'm a failure.
But I understand that my circumstances are my fault and no one elses.

You can choose not to go to college, but you can't choose not to be black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Should I expect everything to be handed to me?
What? Nobody expects everything to be handed to them. If you really had it hard, you wouldn't have two parents that provided for you even to the point of getting through highschool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Stop *****ing about how the white man has you down, and go to school and make money. And if someone's really out of line racist, then file a lawsuit.

Don't whine about how hard things are. Do something about them.

Mathius

There's no way that you'd ever understand unless you were actually black.. OR if you'd open your eyes and try to see things from another perspective other than your own.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:17 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Yeah, because I'm still not sold on what Kramer did being racist. It's an insult. Big f'ing deal? It's racist because you say it is.

No its the way he said it. The tone and the things said. He wasnt trying to be funny...he was clearly upset and frustrated at the people he aimed his racist tirade too. Its like you having an convo about bball and i keep quoting you typing nonsense to get under your skin. You snap and type in caps with censored words. What happened? I touched a nerve.

He was heckled and it pissed him the hell off. So he wanted to piss them the hell of back and in doing so was racist. Sometimes you can tell a persons true feelings when thier backs are against the wall, the pressure is built up and reached its pressure point. Thats why people claim he is racist.

An argument can be made that he isnt racist but said racist things.
An argument can be made that he is racist and what he said he meant.

I acknowledge both...so should you. That doesnt mean you agree with the 2nd statement but you can see why one would feel that way.

Quote:
Nobody deserves compensation from anyone for words. First off, words can't hurt you unless you haven't grown up yet. Second, there's something called freedom of speech and it works two ways.

A guy said something to the vice president and was arrested/handcuffed in front of his kids and i believe charged with some funny type of harrassment crime. Not sure, gotta find that article but it was posted on this board and other places. I'll try to find it. That said why is it the VP can have you arrested for freedom of speech? The freedom of speech thing and what u can and cant say is shady. I can sit here and call your mother out her name in front of you and your dad and claim "freedom of speech" but if i'm smart i would also understand my ass would get kicked (and rightfully) so for excersing that right.

That said...i agree i dont think the victims should be compensated for the words expressed by "Kramer". I hope they arent because even tho what he said was wrong, out of line and crossed the line. To me it doesnt warrant lawsuit, get paid. Seems everyone will sue for anything if they could. Guess they saw dollar signs and figured "He phucked up, so lets hit his pockets".

I was totally against that when i heard...and not so because of the "freedom of speech!" but i just didnt think that situation calls for a lawsuit. I just dont. And as of today i dont know the status on that whole deal...you?


I'm not in the belief you can say whatever you want. Maybe thats because i know wrong and right, was raised with values/morals? There are things and situations where you just dont excercise that right nor do you hide behind it when you do wrong. I've awlays stood behind this.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #27
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
A guy said something to the vice president and was arrested/handcuffed in front of his kids and i believe charged with some funny type of harrassment crime. Not sure, gotta find that article but it was posted on this board and other places. I'll try to find it. That said why is it the VP can have you arrested for freedom of speech? The freedom of speech thing and what u can and cant say is shady. I can sit here and call your mother out her name in front of you and your dad and claim "freedom of speech" but if i'm smart i would also understand my ass would get kicked (and rightfully) so for excersing that right.

Because its the president. And that doesn't mean I agree with it, that's just how it is. If you jokingly made a death threat about the president and the wrong people heard you, you'd have the FBI calling your house. That's just how it is. The President is protected at all costs. Pick a better example if you can find one. But I still stand by what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
There's no way that you'd ever understand unless you were actually black.. OR if you'd open your eyes and try to see things from another perspective other than your own.

Then I guess there's no point in continuing this discussion.

But it's funny how no white person could understand a black person's perspective unless they're black, but you guys seem real sure about how great white people have it.

Neither of you have come out and say you are black, but you're speaking from a first person, so I have to figure that you are. So how is it that you know how white people live?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,090
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Because its the president. And that doesn't mean I agree with it, that's just how it is. If you jokingly made a death threat about the president and the wrong people heard you, you'd have the FBI calling your house. That's just how it is. The President is protected at all costs. Pick a better example if you can find one. But I still stand by what I said.

Its the vice president **** Chaney and what was said wasnt anything major.

"Your policies in Iraq are reprehensible."


But the Secret Service did not take kindly to his comment.“About ten minutes later, I came back through the mall with my eight-year-old son in tow,” Howards recalls, “and this Secret Service man came out of the shadows, and his exact words were, ‘Did you assault the Vice President?’ ”

Here’s how Howards says he responded: “No, but I did tell Mr. Cheney the way I felt about the war in Iraq, and if Mr. Cheney wants to be shielded from public criticism, he should avoid public places. If exercising my constitutional rights to free speech is against the law, then you should arrest me.”

Which is just what the agent, Virgil D. “Gus” Reichle Jr, proceeded to do.

“He grabbed me and cuffed my hands behind my back in the presence of my eight-year-old son and told me I was being charged with assault of the Vice President,”Howards recalls.

He says he told the agent, “I can’t abandon my eight-year-old son in a public mall.”

According to Howards, Reichle responded: “We’ll call Social Services.” Before that could happen, however, “my son ran away and found my wife,” who was nearby, Howards says.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:42 PM   #29
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Then I guess there's no point in continuing this discussion.

But it's funny how no white person could understand a black person's perspective unless they're black, but you guys seem real sure about how great white people have it.
Mathius
No, what's really funny is that you completely ignored the second half of the sentence.

"There's no way that you'd ever understand unless you were actually black.. OR if you'd open your eyes and try to see things from another perspective other than your own."
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 PM   #30
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northeast OH
Posts: 6,103
Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
No, what's really funny is that you completely ignored the second half of the sentence.

"There's no way that you'd ever understand unless you were actually black.. OR if you'd open your eyes and try to see things from another perspective other than your own."

Yeah, I ignored it. It's clearly an insult, and I don't see any point in arguing with you.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy