Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default prosper - window seat

another new verse by me.

http://soundcloud.com/mike_prosper/prosper-window-seat
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: prosper - window seat

I thought you were always posting stuff by someone you knew...didn't know that was you...

I like Badu...a lot

What hurts me here is that I don't understand the lyrics or what you are trying to get across even with the lyrics written down for me to read...

you have a good style to your flow though...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #3
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I guess it is kind like you seeing a girl through the window on the metro and thinking you could be with just her?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

you don't understand the lyrics or the concept behind it?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Lebron_23
In A Relashionship

Lebron_23 has decent reputationLebron_23 has decent reputation

Lebron is a Rat in Chinese culture so I know since rookie he is not loyal and faithful longterminal. Just matter of manhood and freedom he will leave. Rats follow the smell where strong food is serve so they are always in the move. He will blend in the sewer or in the mansion. He was big part in Cleveland Ohio but they have better food in Miami now. Better tasting food without mouse trap. Good leader Rat will take mouse trap to his neck but he is not that type of Rat. Mo Williams is true Cleveland Rat, 26 losts but alive and make it in the Q arena to share his food. The fake Rat become a minnie mouse diva and he will leave the army he start in Cleveland. The Disneyworld is not in Ohio but in Florida. Animal he is in the heart and nature have no true loyalty. He is Animal so do not fault his extincts. Last year he hint number 23 should be forbidden to wear but i think because 23 is retired in Miami Florida. That say he is not Nostradamus but mind was made up. He say no one wear 23 next year to honor MJ. He was a peewee football to even know MJ. Why Heat retire 23? He know number is not available so he choose "6" which is 1/3 of devil and death. Now big 3 = 6 6 6 = 9. He think they can win 9 straight.
Lebron_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 AM   #6
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
you don't understand the lyrics or the concept behind it?
I don't understand some of the lyrics...

after listening to it a 3rd time I am understanding now what is going on...

without the lyrics written down it would definitly be more difficult though, some words are hard to make out...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
Stillatitdamnit
Banned

Stillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryStillatitdamnit posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron_23
Lebron is a Rat in Chinese culture so I know since rookie he is not loyal and faithful longterminal. Just matter of manhood and freedom he will leave. Rats follow the smell where strong food is serve so they are always in the move. He will blend in the sewer or in the mansion. He was big part in Cleveland Ohio but they have better food in Miami now. Better tasting food without mouse trap. Good leader Rat will take mouse trap to his neck but he is not that type of Rat. Mo Williams is true Cleveland Rat, 26 losts but alive and make it in the Q arena to share his food. The fake Rat become a minnie mouse diva and he will leave the army he start in Cleveland. The Disneyworld is not in Ohio but in Florida. Animal he is in the heart and nature have no true loyalty. He is Animal so do not fault his extincts. Last year he hint number 23 should be forbidden to wear but i think because 23 is retired in Miami Florida. That say he is not Nostradamus but mind was made up. He say no one wear 23 next year to honor MJ. He was a peewee football to even know MJ. Why Heat retire 23? He know number is not available so he choose "6" which is 1/3 of devil and death. Now big 3 = 6 6 6 = 9. He think they can win 9 straight.

LMAO
Stillatitdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron_23

ooookay.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #9
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, i love that original song. amazing production. just saw her perform the other day for the first time while i was tripping on shrooms needless to say an amazing set.

not sure how you write, but one thing i would recommend doing is counting out the syllables in your lyrics and for each bar. like in the first couple of lines, when you said "granted my life some contortions", the "ed" and "some" threw your flow out. something like "granite floors led, grants my life contortions" flows much better. still, not a bad effort. not like rick ross' version blows yours out of the water.

i need to move to sth dallas and stalk badu in the hope she does another nude video.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:46 AM   #10
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
man, i love that original song. amazing production. just saw her perform the other day for the first time while i was tripping on shrooms needless to say an amazing set.

not sure how you write, but one thing i would recommend doing is counting out the syllables in your lyrics and for each bar. like in the first couple of lines, when you said "granted my life some contortions", the "ed" and "some" threw your flow out. something like "granite floors led, grants my life contortions" flows much better. still, not a bad effort. not like rick ross' version blows yours out of the water.

i need to move to sth dallas and stalk badu in the hope she does another nude video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmIOSRmplsc

I didn't even know that existed until you just said that...

it's okay I guess...kinda strange, artsy + gangsta mixed

good to see Dallas in SOMETHING hip hop related though...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmIOSRmplsc

I didn't even know that existed until you just said that...

it's okay I guess...kinda strange, artsy + gangsta mixed

good to see Dallas in SOMETHING hip hop related though...

ross doesn't sound good over that beat at all IMO. and the use of the second track in the same clip makes it seem like she's taking the piss out of him haha ("i just want your money" etc.).

btw badu is hip hop enough. the other day she performed slick rick 'la di da di' and then nwa back to back. gangsta *****
Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 AM   #12
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

btw just out of curiosity, what is sth dallas like (i think that's where she's from)? i'm looking at google maps right now, dallas has a malcolm x boulevard, just like harlem.

was that where cartmanclone was claiming to be banging?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #13
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
btw just out of curiosity, what is sth dallas like (i think that's where she's from)? i'm looking at google maps right now, dallas has a malcolm x boulevard, just like harlem.

was that where cartmanclone was claiming to be banging?
South Dallas is hood as f*ck I got pulled over there FOR BEING WHITE...I swear to God

I drove there all f*cked up with one of my hood freinds so he could get some "stuff" and while I was waiting for him in the car a cop pulled up behind me with his lights and said "what the hell are you doing here?...this area is not safe, you need to get out of here now"...I drove home, left my friend there, he was good though.

I was like 22 years old or something, in a Dodge Stealth which at the time was a nice car...not seen in those areas...got pulled over for being a white boy in a nice car...LOL

South of Dallas is our ghetto and North is $$$...like every major city, we have good parts mixed with garbage...
Old 02-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #14
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
South Dallas is hood as f*ck I got pulled over there FOR BEING WHITE...I swear to God

I drove there all f*cked up with one of my hood freinds so he could get some "stuff" and while I was waiting for him in the car a cop pulled up behind me with his lights and said "what the hell are you doing here?...this area is not safe, you need to get out of here now"...I drove home, left my friend there, he was good though.

I was like 22 years old or something, in a Dodge Stealth which at the time was a nice car...not seen in those areas...got pulled over for being a white boy in a nice car...LOL

South of Dallas is our ghetto and North is $$$...like every major city, we have good parts mixed with garbage...

it's weird, i look at the street view and shit and it looks like a completely suburban area over here. cities like detroit and dallas interest me in that sense; you can't really tell where is ghetto and where is just poor/blue-collar.

is crime that pervasive in the WHOLE area? like all of south dallas or what? or is it confined to a specific region, ala new orleans back in the day or new york?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
it's weird, i look at the street view and shit and it looks like a completely suburban area over here. cities like detroit and dallas interest me in that sense; you can't really tell where is ghetto and where is just poor/blue-collar.

is crime that pervasive in the WHOLE area? like all of south dallas or what? or is it confined to a specific region, ala new orleans back in the day or new york?
NO NO NO, I am sure there are many areas in South of Dallas that are "safe", that is a whole lot of land there...but that is where the most dangerous areas in Dallas are...for sure.

there are areas in North Dallas some people might say are "ghetto" but there are areas in South Dallas where even cops won't go...you know?...it is that level of ghettoness where you would be scared to just get out of your car if you are white....like the not just the "hood"...it is the "Hood"-hood....lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: