Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Default Re: Kings fine DeMarcus Cousins for incident with teammate, won't suspend him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
I thought it was Cousin's decision to miss a game.

lol no. He was taken off the plane to PHX because the GM was outta town and wanted to meet to sort things out before handing down a decision. Early reports of a 3 game suspension were totally false.

Quote:
The fine is a slap on the wrist. There's been so much trouble with this guy, I expected there to be severe punishment. It seems like it never stops. It's only his rookie year and there's been multiple problems and we're not even done yet.
Again, if missing a game + fine is nothing to you, what would you feel is an appropriate penalty for an altercation with a teammate in the locker room?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Default Re: Kings fine DeMarcus Cousins for incident with teammate, won't suspend him

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
good. while i dont know the details, it sounds like they both swung. They need a veteran big who will keep this kid in check a little with that shit. Sheed?

That makes me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UKixDrcQ7A
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #18
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
lol no. He was taken off the plane to PHX because the GM was outta town and wanted to meet to sort things out before handing down a decision. Early reports of a 3 game suspension were totally false.

Again, if missing a game + fine is nothing to you, what would you feel is an appropriate penalty for an altercation with a teammate in the locker room?
I don't have a great answer to your question. I'll get back to you when I do. More games is the only answer I can think of, but I don't know what could fix it. I guess I'd pass something down like a warning of worse penalty. Not against just acting up, but specifically acting up publically. It's a huge concern. Then again, you don't want to chase him away from the franchise I guess. Tough.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #19
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Kings better put this kid in check quick or he may end up never getting it. Tons of talent, but one of the worst attitudes I've seen from a rookie in a long time.

And just for the record, the Kings beat the Suns last night without Cousins. And Landry dropped 20/10 in his absence.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: