Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #46
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's talk about Ed Davis

^ I will let Toni give his own response to that, but I would just like to add that the past couple of years Toni was adamant in his support for Bargnani. So unless he suddenly just discovered this year that Bargnani is European, i'm highly doubting that's the reason he wants him traded.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #47
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^ I will let Toni give his own response to that, but I would just like to add that the past couple of years Toni was adamant in his support for Bargnani. So unless he suddenly just discovered this year that Bargnani is European, i'm highly doubting that's the reason he wants him traded.

And that fact he mentioned 4 other American players should be let go as well. It's not an International/American thing. It's a talent/role thing.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 AM   #48
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
It's ok... at least you are being clear in that you don't want European players in the team.
But it surprises me because I thought your family is from Croatia... I guess you are living your American Dream...

My family is from Croatia but I just don't think Calderon, Bargnani and Kleiza are or should be a part of this team long term. Neither do I think Weems, Ajinca, Wright or Dorsey should stick around either.

It's more of a common sense stand point for me other than my European "pride" or however you want to call it.

As an educated basketball fan of the Toronto Raptors, DeRozan and Davis are the only two players I want to continue with going forward. Amir and J. Johnson as well to a lesser extent as role players. I also am starting to question the potential and effectiveness of Bayless. It wouldn't break my heart if he wasn't brought back after next season either.

I just want this team to be competitive again and there are a lot of players on this team that a pretty decent (Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza, Barbosa).. but they aren't players that are going to win this team a championship. That's why I want to start this rebuilding process around Davis and DeRozan, because they are the only real building blocks we have at the moment to build towards a possible championship.

If we draft a European player like Enes Kanter, I will fully support that kind of player because he's a bruiser down low and he would be a good compliment to our existing core of DeRozan and Davis. If we draft a player like Montiejunas (Bargnani clone), or even Jan Vesely (Who I am not very high on), I will be pretty upset.

I'm not being biased or "living the American dream" even though I am a Canadian, I'm just an educated basketball fan and I think I'm alright at evaluating talent on a team that I watch on a consistent basis.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 AM   #49
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I was extremely supportive of Bargnani before, and he has completely let me down this season. I really liked his help defense and block numbers last year when he averaged 1.4 BPG. I really thought he was starting to get it. I thought that being the number one post option and Bosh leaving town that his rebound and block numbers would increase.. but they actually DECREASED.

It's really beyond me he really disappointed me as a fan. He looks disinterested on the court and shows zero emotion. He looks like some kind of brain dead zombie with his jaw hanging open all game. I am really not proud of having the worst 7 foot rebounder in the history of the NBA on the team that I sadly cheer for. It's ****ing brutal.

I still don't understand how people can argue that fact. He is the worst in the HISTORY OF THE GAME. AND HE PLAYS ON THE RAPTORS. Open your eyes people this guy needs to go! He`s a 10 million dollar role player!!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #50
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I still don't understand how people can argue that fact.

Because to some, being of a certain cultural background means you have to support every NBA player that comes from your country or continent regardless of what they are providing (or not providing) for the team you support.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #51
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/rapto...271/index.html
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #52
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani

Hahaha I thought that was popcorn at first
Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #53
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

its cool, hes used to cleaning up other peoples mess, *looks at andrea*
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #54
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Hahaha I thought that was popcorn at first
Me too. He didn't look too happy about it though, but I guess he took it pretty well considering.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #55
bokes15
Playoffs!

Just a fun stat, Ed Davis has played in 63 games this season, starting only 13 of them and averaging about 24 MPG. He has 12 double doubles and has 17 double digit rebounding games.

Bargnani has played in 66 games this season, started all 66 of those games and averaged about 36 MPG. He has 2 double doubles, and 2 double digit rebounding games. Unreal.

edit: on a more positive note, things Ed Davis needs to do in the summer.
1. Hit the weight room - I know he's probably a little bigger now than before, but he's pretty much even skinnier than Bosh's rookie weight. He's listed at 6'10 215lbs.

2. Work on his post game. I think he has a decent jumper (although it could use some work and he could use a confidence boost). I think he's really a guy who's comfortable banging in the paint despite his small frame. So if he could work on a hook shot, some back down moves, and maybe even some faceup moves that would help him a lot. His development learning curve is crucial right now and I hope he doesn't end up trying to become the next Reggie Evans. A guy who can defend and grab rebounds, but plays hot potato or misses layups when he gets the ball on the offensive end.

3. Work on his defense. Yes his defense has been good, BUT he's been slightly foul prone at times. He goes for a lot of fakes in the paint and gets himself in trouble that way. He's a good shotblocker with good reaction time so if he can work on staying on his feet that would be a big help. And as mentioned earlier, he really needs to step his weight up, that would be useful as well

All in all i'm very happy with this kid for the 13th pick in the draft, thus far anyways he's really panned out and i believe made Bargnani very expendable if they didn't consider him to be already.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-09-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #56
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Just a fun stat, Ed Davis has played in 63 games this season, starting only 13 of them and averaging about 24 MPG. He has 12 double doubles and has 17 double digit rebounding games.

Bargnani has played in 66 games this season, started all 66 of those games and averaged about 36 MPG. He has 2 double doubles, and 2 double digit rebounding games. Unreal.
You insensitive prick. He is playing out of position and has been for his entire NBA career. His job isn't to rebound and play defense. It's clearly to score. (at a below average efficiency while doing nothing else well)
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #57
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

edit: on a more positive note, things Ed Davis needs to do in the summer.
1. Hit the weight room - I know he's probably a little bigger now than before, but he's pretty much even skinnier than Bosh's rookie weight. He's listed at 6'10 215lbs.

2. Work on his post game. I think he has a decent jumper (although it could use some work and he could use a confidence boost). I think he's really a guy who's comfortable banging in the paint despite his small frame. So if he could work on a hook shot, some back down moves, and maybe even some faceup moves that would help him a lot. His development learning curve is crucial right now and I hope he doesn't end up trying to become the next Reggie Evans. A guy who can defend and grab rebounds, but plays hot potato or misses layups when he gets the ball on the offensive end.

3. Work on his defense. Yes his defense has been good, BUT he's been slightly foul prone at times. He goes for a lot of fakes in the paint and gets himself in trouble that way. He's a good shotblocker with good reaction time so if he can work on staying on his feet that would be a big help. And as mentioned earlier, he really needs to step his weight up, that would be useful as well

All in all i'm very happy with this kid for the 13th pick in the draft, thus far anyways he's really panned out and i believe made Bargnani very expendable if they didn't consider him to be already.

Big f'in deal. Bargnani's made a gazillion 3's and how many has Ed made? That's right - a big fat zero. I rest my case. Good day sir.
Reef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #58
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

You guys are fun
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #59
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
You guys are retarded
agreed
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #60
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Ed Davis > Andrea Bargnani

May we move on please?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: