Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #16
RandyOrton
OKC

RandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRandyOrton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Keith Bogans has scored...

i hate bogans
RandyOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I redact all aforementioned hatred of Keith Bogans in this thread. If he keeps playing the clip he is playing at (shooting great from 3, and averaging close to 8ppg) we're one of the most complete teams in the league.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
My question to you is who exactly do you consider as a "main guy"?
Do you consider a guy like Omar Asik as one? IMO, he is not esp with Kurt Thomas proving that he can still hang and provide very decent quality minutes, starting and battling against the best after Noah started to miss games.
Im not saying Omar has no future and is not a decent player with no potential but when Noah comes back, he is their 3rd center in line.
In the playoffs, Noah is projected to play about 34 -38 mins, with Kurt backing him up. If Noah gets in foul trouble Kurt can hold the fort for as long as 28-36 mins and if too gets in foul trouble, Boozer has the bulk while Taj has this long wingspan to match up for as long as 12 mins until Kurt and Noah gets back in the 2nd half.
Ideally for me, I would not give up Asik but if you are gaining a very good defensive minded SG who can hit the 3pt shots like Courtney Lee esp his experience with Orlando in the finals, then I would have to do it. I'll offer 2 draft picks first and JJ then....
Those college players you mentioned looks good, but who knows really if they can contribute right away. Boozer and Deng are not getting any younger and in 2 yrs their skills will erode and the window would soon close. This is a great opportunity to plug the hole and REALLY CONTEND this year.
But hey as long as they are consulting Thibs about this and if he truly believes they can win with the current lineup then so be it.

I consider Asik one of the borderline main guys in my opinion. This is because Kurt Thomas may more than likely retire at the end of this season or maybe have just one more year in him. Asik can be a long term backup for Noah and that's something that we need. If we can keep him then that's something we won't have to worry about for a long time. But like I said if we can move him for a player who is a clear cut upgrade then I strongly consider it.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #19
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I consider Asik one of the borderline main guys in my opinion. This is because Kurt Thomas may more than likely retire at the end of this season or maybe have just one more year in him. Asik can be a long term backup for Noah and that's something that we need. If we can keep him then that's something we won't have to worry about for a long time. But like I said if we can move him for a player who is a clear cut upgrade then I strongly consider it.
Agreed. Asik has mad potential, looking at the longterm. Our core, as it stands, is pretty young:

Rose: 22
--
Deng: 25
Booze: 29
Noah: 25

Asik & Taj are under 25 as well. I don't think you want to part with either one because, honestly, that's one of the best pairs of bench big men in the league. I can easily see Taj being groomed to take over for Boozer after he leaves (whenever that is) KT is probably gone after this year as well.

So, IMO, if Bogans can put up 6-8 points a game and hit his open shots... You can't find an upgrade worth making. Having the depth that Taj/Asik give you for now and the future >> a slight upgrade at SG (assuming you'd have to part with Taj/Asik).

So, really, the only upgrade I'm FOR is trading draft picks for a guy like Anthony Park or Courtney Lee.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If bogans can shoot 40% from 3 and play solid defense, then we wont be stopped.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
jasonresno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
If bogans can shoot 40% from 3 and play solid defense, then we wont be stopped.
We'd be one of the most complete teams in the league, imo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: