Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Stephen A Smith Thread

Well lucky Stephen A Smith isnt the GM of the Knicks. Still dont think the Knicks have to go crazy over doing this deal. I dont see how he can say CP3 wont come unless Melo is on the team seems baseless.

Walsh understands how this new CBA could make a buy all players type team like the Knicks hamstrung financially.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Say what you want about these over-glorified role players but you cannot tell me that it's easier to land CP3 or DWill with our team now than it will be with Melo. CP3 mentioned it at Melo's wedding.He didn't say "hey Melo you should come join me and Gallo when I sign in 2012." He didnt say "hey I would like you to join me when I team up with Wilson and Landry?" You honestly think he gives a damn about the guys we have now?If we don't get Melo, we set a bad precedent and reputation that we don't get things done.As for the Knicks being "hamstrung financially",if you don't spend money,it's just paper. What are you saving it for exactly?Cap room isn't valuable if you don't fill it with talent.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't help but agree.

I think Melo's coming.

I don't buy that shit with the Nuggets re-engaging the Nets either.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 AM   #19
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
Well win-win for the Gallo haters. If he gets traded, they'll be . If he doesn't get traded, they'll say they were right and D'Antoni plays favorites. But for me as long as Chandler's finally gone, I'm happy. If Felton is included in the deal too, that's a big bonus.

I didn't realize the jury was still out on this. I thought it was pretty well known at this point.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 AM   #20
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

again, i wudnt minding adding gallo to the deal along with chander. we can always pick up another role player on the way...get it done walsh
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I didn't realize the jury was still out on this. I thought it was pretty well known at this point.
Some of it is.

Quite a few players made mention of how D'antoni plays "favorites".

We clearly saw him alienate Marbury, especially after D'antoni asked him to get in shape, and he had a very good summer and pre-season, and then decide to not play him.

But either way, what we have are young role players, and none should be favored over the other.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I rant as well, but it is not required nor acceptable to rant on other posters.

Use the emoticons.

The ignore button works just as well.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by knickscity : 02-17-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #23
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

There is a true difference between discussing players, and I will and also have let that part get as heated as it wants to.

But calling posters names and criticizing them personally because of their posts, is unacceptable.

The line will always be drawn at that point, all day, everyday.

Use the little emoticons in place of the disrespect, that's what they are there for.

Thank you very much, and have a nice day.

Last edited by knickscity : 02-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Back to the topic at hand ....Say we don't get Melo at all,do we fire Walsh and D'Antoni?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

D'antoni is really here just to keep the game entertaining until the close to final product is here.

I can't say he hasn't done that, because he has.

But when that final product is in play, D'antoni is not the guy to win it all with.

Walsh, to me is doing the right thing at this point, and should be extended, IF HE GETS MELO HERE!!!!!

The Knicks did not clear the cap to have marginal players here.

Nor did they give Amar'e 100 million dollars, just to be 1st round and out.

Walsh knows it takes more than one super power player.

That's why he lined up the money to match the free agency.

He has to deliver though.

Melo wasn't in the equation from the beginning.

It was 2010 free agency.

2011 and 2012 came up when Walsh failed on LeBron and Bosh, or JJ and Amar'e, which became the partial Plan B.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #26
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Back to the topic at hand ....Say we don't get Melo at all,do we fire Walsh and D'Antoni?
I don't know about Walsh but be need to fire D'Antoni no matter we get Melo or not
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #27
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I guess what I'm really asking is,is Walsh's tenure/extension based on whether he gets Melo or not? I think so as harsh as it may sound.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #28
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

That's probably how it's going to be determined, franchize.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #29
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
I guess what I'm really asking is,is Walsh's tenure/extension based on whether he gets Melo or not? I think so as harsh as it may sound.
Probably so, but then as it would be that's what he is expected to do.

He was here to deliver the goods, which in this case, he has just begun.

I don't think not getting Melo should be the demise of him, since Melo wasn't the original plan, but the bulk of that space was for 2 star players, and a championship contender.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #30
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Well considering that the entire idea of bringing those 2 here was to get Lebron, and they ended up failing at that task, and now if they subsequently fail at bringing in Melo, which increases our chances of us failing to land a big free agent in the 2012 class, I would definitely fire both of them at that time.

If after 2012 we are still running with Amar'e + our role players, then I want the entire team gutted. I don't want to see a team floundering in mediocrity. I would rather see them become the worst team in the league, and start stacking high draft picks.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: