Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation
Default Knick fans that think Melo will sign as a free agent

Let's really think about this for a minute. I see alot of Knick fans really banking on getting him in the summer as a free agent thinking that he'll have no problem signing with the team and losing out on the lucrative extension.

We're all human. Carmelo Anthony is as well. Do we honestly think that he won't hold a grudge against the Knicks if he is not traded to them now where he can sign the extension? Are we to really sit here and believe what he said that "it's not about the money" is true? I don't believe Carmelo. I believe that if he doesn't get traded to the Knicks that he will sign with another team in the summer time because he would be so enraged that he wasted his efforts on forcing the issue of wanting to play in New York.

Reality check. Melo will not sign with the NYK as a free agent. He will probably sign with another team out of spite of losing out on some serious money. Can't say that I would blame him either. After all he is only human. And if I was in his shoes I would definitely be one pissed off mutha.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Knick fans that think Melo will sign as a free agent

He won't sign with another team. He might re-sign with Denver, but if it's not Denver it's definitely NY. So best-case scenario for us is for him to enter FA and decline the extension offer from Denver. But he has like until June or something to accept. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The idea that Melo to NY in free agency is a guarantee is bogus, but so is the notion that he'd refuse NY if not traded here.

Melo will go to whoever makes him feel like he'll become a star along the lines of LeBron James. That's why I honestly believe Melo will look at Los Angeles (Clippers), New York, and Chicago if he becomes a free agent.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think he will come in the summer as a free agent.

Melo wants his money as well.

If we don't get him before the trade deadline I don't think it's gonna happen.

I'm kinda agreeing with KO on the Clippers thing.

They are under the cap, have two tradeable players who makes the most of their money BTW, and it's still LA, which was something Melo and La-La wanted.

Deandre
Blake
Melo
Gordon
Davis

That's a very good starting five, if it stayed intact.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I don't think he will come in the summer as a free agent.

Melo wants his money as well.

If we don't get him before the trade deadline I don't think it's gonna happen.

I'm kinda agreeing with KO on the Clippers thing.

They are under the cap, have two tradeable players who makes the most of their money BTW, and it's still LA, which was something Melo and La-La wanted.

Deandre
Blake
Melo
Gordon
Davis

That's a very good starting five, if it stayed intact.

Hey, I thought this was a New York Knick forum? (jk)
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6 reasons why it is much better for Anthony to be traded before the deadline:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...rmeloFA-110216
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

It all sounds like doom and gloom with the CBA coming up. What they're talking about is pretty much what the owners want. They are going to have to meet the players in the middle on this. That's why I really don't think it will be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Stern can't afford another lock-out and if Stern wants his Dream Team in South Beach to win a ring, they would be screwed too, if all that hub bub is what it's going to be.

Part of that article said, "NY would basically have to decide between Wilson Chandler OR Carmelo Anthony" if the new CBA passes. Wow, what a hard decision to make. What to do, what to do...
Old 02-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
It all sounds like doom and gloom with the CBA coming up. What they're talking about is pretty much what the owners want. They are going to have to meet the players in the middle on this. That's why I really don't think it will be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Stern can't afford another lock-out and if Stern wants his Dream Team in South Beach to win a ring, they would be screwed too, if all that hub bub is what it's going to be.

Part of that article said, "NY would basically have to decide between Wilson Chandler OR Carmelo Anthony" if the new CBA passes. Wow, what a hard decision to make. What to do, what to do...

I would stick with Chandler
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

We would save money at least.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate

LOL.

That's like trying to decide between Spencer Hawes and Dwight Howard.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i liked the sense of having a high profile scorer like melo on the team, i guess we will be waiting for gallo to turn into the next dirk. having a core of amare/melo/billups this season would make us the underdogs to upset the elite teams. who knows, maybe billups has another year left for a championship run.

LOL I'm sorry lol that made my day lollolololollol.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Disagree.

LOL I'm sorry lol that made my day lollolololollol.

lol its a possiblity, dirk wasnt high profile at the beginning either
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Gallo looks better now than Dirk did early in his career.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Could be he wants to up his wife's career and come to NY for MTV. I don't know why but I always thought this was the case all along. Well that and Amare and CP3's talk (the Nets aparently knew his wife's interest). With the league owning New Orleans, we will have to compensate NO with something - we don't get calls as it is. We would be getting fouls called on us during the intoduction!
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Gallo looks better now than Dirk did early in his career.
He is quite close to the 22 year old Dirk.

Dirk became the read deal at that age though, but I will say Gallo isn't far off of that.

One thing though, Gallo isn't featured in our offense like Dirk was in his at that time.

I think he can get there, but it will take some work to get to Dirk's consistency.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: