Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
itsmedamien
I airball my layups

itsmedamien has an OK reputation so far
Default Phil Jackson talks about the finals on the Dan Patrick show

Got this from the sports section on another board. My apologies if already posted.

Here are some comments by Phil:

- the game is getting soft, unphysical, and is all about style and flash

- that the timeout incident was bad

- Stackhouse getting suspended was bad and Wade got free calls

- the Refs favored Riles and Wade a lot, very generous with Wade

- Wade free reign to do anything...

- Pat's influence on the refereeing was critical, in that wade got calls that dirk couldn't get in the identical situation.

- Very clear on Kobe being the best. Said Wade doesn't come close to jordan. Said Kobe worthy of comparison.

- Dan Patrick rated players: 1) Kobe 2)LeBron 3) Wade, does Phil agree?

Yes - Kobe, LeBron, Wade

-How do you take advantage of preferential treatment?

Riles did it the right way, gave Wade the middle of the floor allows refs to see fouls

-What about Shaq's quote on Riles?

Shaq always says the best is who he is with at that moment. Complimented Riles,
doesn't hurt him at all. Said that he couldn't get Shaq to play screen rolls, Riles did

-Why was Riles able to get it out of him?

Phil got that ability out of him in a different way. They didn't need him to score

-Did the Lakers make the right decision on Shaq?

Yes Teams never get enough back for a dominant center

-Do the refs affect who you pick?

Needs to decide on potential or now at 26th. 3 point line is a very important part of the game, maybe not a better game, but its different

-How would MJ do now?

PJ would just spread the court and let him drive. MJ couldn't get a call against Utah in the finals. How many throws would he get today? Subs don't get calls, you hope your top two players do

-Can an owner affect a game?

Mark put himself on the backside of the game. He should have kept a lower profile. Refs couldn't help but be affected

-Could you coach for an owner like that?

Depends on if he can be told to shut up and sit down. He wants the space to make decisions. Mark has been a very affective owner.

-Was AJ out coached?

Unfortunately there were many things that looked questionable in the finals. Did a great job in earlier rounds. Players were able to front Dirk without foul calls. Wade was able to run through screens without a foul call . All the ref rules were out the door by the time the series was over (Riley influence).
itsmedamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Phil is now a Laker homer to Kobe to? Wade could win 5 chamionships and Kobe would still be better in Lakers fans minds...
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:32 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Phil is now a Laker homer to Kobe to? Wade could win 5 chamionships and Kobe would still be better in Lakers fans minds...

LOL! you expecting phil to say wade is better than kobe??
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #4
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
LOL! you expecting phil to say wade is better than kobe??

I just wouldn't expect a respected man like himself to say Kobes better then Wade whens theres no really way of knowing at this point.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #5
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Phil Jackson is a groupie!
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:38 AM   #6
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Phil Jackson is a groupie!

thanks for saying what I just emplied
Old 06-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
I just wouldn't expect a respected man like himself to say Kobes better then Wade whens theres no really way of knowing at this point.

I know what you mean. but as a coach, you have to embrace your players. I mean, you cant have a coach sayin somethin like micheal redd is better than kobe, but when its a tossup between two players or when its unknown whos better like you said, most coaches will embrace the players they work with. it helps the coach/player relationship and increases the level of trust
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 AM   #8
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Wade could win 5 chamionships and Kobe would still be better in Lakers fans minds...

But he hasn't, and probably never will...he doesn't even have more rings then Kobe at this point. Why bring up this hypothetical question?
Kobe made 1st team All-NBA and 1st Team All-Defense...Wade didn't make either team, he's the current hot story I'm glad someone like Phil doesn't buy into the propaganda.

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Duncan
4. Wade
5. Dirk
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
Him
I airball my layups

Him has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Duncan
4. Wade
5. Dirk

Duncan better than Wade?

Why do people have to hate like that
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Him

Duncan better than Wade?

Why do people have to hate like that

I would hardly call that hating. Duncan is arguably the best player in the league.

I wonder if Phil will get fined for any of his comments...
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

so Phil didnt say anything about the Mavs sucking and losing?

and of course he'll say Kobe is the best. would be dumb not to
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #12
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

LOL

PJax is the Laker coach he needs to show support for his best player and his organization

if this were one year asgo in retirement, PJax would probably say Lebron Wade Carter Kobe in that order.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Phil's a great coach, but at this stage of his career he is see-thru and doesnt have 1/2 the charisma or pull that a coach like Riley has...His zen act is tired and laughable now...he is arrogant and alouf...

you could look at the heat players on Tuesday night and see the resolve on their faces..Riley got those players to sieze that series/moment...

Like I said Phil is great.....but like he said He couldnt even get Shaq to show on pick & rolls
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #14
s0ulja714
I brick open layups

s0ulja714 has no real reputation yet.

why are people saying wade is better than kobe?

i say overrated.

kobe = 3 rings
wade = 1 ring

enuff said.
s0ulja714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulja714
why are people saying wade is better than kobe?

i say overrated.

kobe = 3 rings
wade = 1 ring

enuff said.

I take Wade over kobe.....Wade is a coach's dream while kobe is a coach's nightmare.

oh and

Wade = 1 finals MVP
kobe = none

Wade = 3rd year
Kobe = 10th year
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: