Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #1
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Christopher Wesson Bosh's return to the ACC

I couldn't find the other thread that I made but it's whatever. I hope he gets booed THOROUGHLY and dominated by Bargnani just like he does by every other star forward in the league.

Quote:
The Heat doesn’t expect the same reception in Toronto as it experienced in Cleveland, but Chris Bosh’s return to his old town should provide enough boos to make the end of the team’s four-game trip interesting.
The Heat plays the Raptors on Wednesday, the second game of a back-to-back. The Raptors’ fourth-overall draft pick in 2003, Bosh is averaging 18.3 points and 8.1 rebounds this season.
“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be,” Bosh said. “Pretty much it’s been every arena that we’ve been at — [players] have been extra motivated, fans have been extra motivated to either talk crap or cheer a little louder but I’m as ready as I’ll ever be, so bring it on.”
Bosh has had Wednesday’s game in mind since the beginning of the season. So, too, has Toronto. Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo has fueled anticipation of Bosh’s return with comments suggesting that Bosh “checked out” after the All-Star break last season.
“I don’t regret anything because at the end of the day I’ve never said anything bad about the city or the organization and I’ve never felt bad about it,” Bosh said. “Sometimes it’s no good way to separate or move on but you have to put the past behind you. At no time did I feel like I said anything degrading or bad or act uncivilized or anything like that.”
As a team, the Heat is taking the same “band of brothers” approach to playing in Toronto as it did when it traveled to Cleveland for LeBron James’ return.
“As a player, you don’t want to here boos but I think it will be a little different than the boos you heard for LeBron,” Dwyane Wade said. “But as teammates you always want to make sure you go get a win for your brothers, so it will be a game we’ll try to get for him.”

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/1...#ixzz1E72m8DMd

Here's what the players have to say about his ass:

Quote:
Well, for one, personality, an element the always buoyant Evans has by the warehouse. “No disrespect to Chris, Chris don’t talk,” Evans said. “He would talk on the floor, but in the locker room he don’t talk.

“Personality is at an all-time high. Communication is at an all-time high,” he said.

Quote:
“They feel like Bosh’s a traitor,” said Weems. “It would do a lot for our confidence if we get a win.”

Weems also promised to introduce some contact into the game, a tactic he noticed other teams using when Bosh played here.

“He doesn’t like to get bumped too much and that’s one thing I hope to do,” said Weems.

AND I'M SURE YOU ALL WANNA KNOW WHAT BEASTNANI THE MAN HAD TO SAY:

Excerpts from his interview on Raps.com

-told by reporter that Chris Bosh said he sees Bargnani with the potential to be a franchise guy
- responded by saying that's what he's striving for and that he's continually making improvements.

-reporter says Miami is soft on the inside so Bargnani can take advantage in the paint with his back to the basket (obviously meaning he can dominate Bosh/Z like everyone else does)
-he said he's gonna try to be aggressive and get to the freethrow line

-reporter asks if he will give a hard foul on Chris tomorrow
-Bargnani being hilarious and the gentleman he is responds "why do you want a hard foul on Chris, you don't like him?"
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

Default Re: Christopher Wesson Bosh's return to the ACC

The Anthem for Bosh's return

Toronto (Don't wanna go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvqkuswuos

QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Uh oh, 38 points, good shooting %, took advantage of Bosh's defense....waits for beastnani's load busting post...
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

http://twitter.com/#!/andreabustnani
Quote:
Bosh coming back to MY town tonight! I'm gonna put up 30 points and 5 rebounds in a 20 point loss! And Bosh can go crying back to Miami!
That was before the game started. This guy is almost a prophet! 38/4 in an 8 point loss.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #5
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
http://twitter.com/#!/andreabustnani

That was before the game started. This guy is almost a prophet! 38/4 in an 8 point loss.

Hey! the spread of the game was -15 for the Heat, for me, this is a victory tonight
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
Tool
Ball til I fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
Hey! the spread of the game was -15 for the Heat, for me, this is a victory tonight

Your kidding right. No one could guard Wade and Lebron made us look like a highschool ball team on defense whenever he touched it. 2 dimes shy of a triple double. He got whatever he wanted out there.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Your kidding right. No one could guard Wade and Lebron made us look like a highschool ball team on defense whenever he touched it. 2 dimes shy of a triple double. He got whatever he wanted out there.

Of course I'm kidding, I just should have made a bet cause the Raptors covered.

I'm getting sick of tired of Calderon during the post game interviews after a loss, "we lost because we couldn't make our shots late in the game" You f*cking kidding me Jose?! the raptors can score, its the lack of freakin defense!!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The Raptors aren't exactly a good offensive team either. Last time I checked, their offensive efficiency was ranked around 20 in the league. But I thought now that the Raptors don't have a "ball stopper", it would lead to a more fluid offense!

Worst defense in the league plus an offense that is bottom 1/3 in the league = a 15-41 record. Makes sense.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
SESSEL15
High School Starter

Quote:
Of course I'm kidding, I just should have made a bet cause the Raptors covered.

I'm getting sick of tired of Calderon during the post game interviews after a loss, "we lost because we couldn't make our shots late in the game" You f*cking kidding me Jose?! the raptors can score, its the lack of freakin defense!!

He's semi-trying to take the blame for the loss. The Raps were down by 4 and he missed a pull up with 2 minutes to go. The Heat went back and scored. He came down and pulled up again and missed.

By the way I was at the game. I was 14 rows up. The crowd in my area was so crappy. Couldn't get any chants started lol. But man did the ACC explode when Bosh started blowing kisses at us.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

And that's the funny thing about people saying in last nights game that if it wasn't for Bargnani getting hot it would've been a blowout. I said this same thing in the game thread. Bargnani (or any good player) can get hot from the perimeter and shoot themselves into a game that they were otherwise being outplayed in every other aspect. And in that sense you can steal a game or two like that, but defense and rebounding in addition to an efficient offense is what wins games a sustainable amount of the time.

Take last nights game as an example. It's true that Bargnani's 3 point hot shooting down the stretch brought us back into the game. But, the reason we were scraping back in the first place is because.
A. -They outrebounded us on the glass by 8, which Bargnani isn't the sole reason for but 2 rebounds in nearly 40 minutes of action isn't helping his case.
B. They took 17 more FT's than us by being aggressive and getting to the line.

So yes, 3 point shooting got us back into the game, but poor defense, lack of aggression on the offensive end and getting outrebounded and outworked cost us the game in the end like it usually does.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
BoogieWoogieMan
BTE Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
He's semi-trying to take the blame for the loss. The Raps were down by 4 and he missed a pull up with 2 minutes to go. The Heat went back and scored. He came down and pulled up again and missed.

Quote:
So yes, 3 point shooting got us back into the game, but poor defense, lack of aggression on the offensive end and getting outrebounded and outworked cost us the game in the end like it usually does.

this is what I'm talking about, even if Jose made those shots, the Raps would still be down by 4 because they couldn't stop anybody when it mattered. they think poor offense was to blame but really it was at the defensive end but they never talk about that, just proving that their new "defensive" philosophy is absolute bullcrap...
Old 02-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
this is what I'm talking about, even if Jose made those shots, the Raps would still be down by 4 because they couldn't stop anybody when it mattered. they think poor offense was to blame but really it was at the defensive end but they never talk about that, just proving that their new "defensive" philosophy is absolute bullcrap...
I remember after maybe 20-25 games or so when we had slightly better defense than we did last year and all these people were talking about our supposed new defensive philosophy. Now after 56 games we see that it was all bullshit and that our defense is every bit as bad as it was last year and our offense is worse.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #13
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
I remember after maybe 20-25 games or so when we had slightly better defense than we did last year and all these people were talking about our supposed new defensive philosophy. Now after 56 games we see that it was all bullshit and that our defense is every bit as bad as it was last year and our offense is worse.

Yeah,

I think the difference was Reggie getting 15 boards a game and at least playing with effort on the defensive end.

Possibly Jack guarding the opposing team's pg also contributed.

Plus, new season means people are trying a little harder to prove the critics wrong.
But true colours come out over the span of a season and this team stinks.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 AM   #14
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerap
Yeah,

I think the difference was Reggie getting 15 boards a game and at least playing with effort on the defensive end.

Possibly Jack guarding the opposing team's pg also contributed.

Plus, new season means people are trying a little harder to prove the critics wrong.

But true colours come out over the span of a season and this team stinks.
I think this was it. Obviously Reggie and Jack were plus's but I think it was just trying to prove people wrong. See the Celtics losing to the Cavs.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Bosh was on Conan last night, was asked how he felt being booed in TO, said he knew it was coming but it still sucked and it still hit him hard despite his knowledge that it was coming (his face looked like he meant it too). I'm glad he didn't respond like Lebron did in Cleveland and I'm also not too bothered that in his words the kisses to the crowd were sarcastic to the haters and legit to his fans, especially if any "sarcasm" in them came from a place of being legit hurt by the boos (none of us have ever been spiteful out of hurt right?).

If Bosh is guilty of one thing to TO it's the free flow of words out of his mouth (or twitter) that seem like a good idea at the time but end up being "like a Bosh" moments in hindsight.

IMO this board needs to bury the Bosh topics once and for all.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: