Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Dead Island trailer

I dont like the way it looks. Kinda cheesy looking. Should be a 3rd person shooter.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nothing should be a third person shooter.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So has anyone actually played this?
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #19
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Checking online and this game is sold out in many places...the 360 version. Huh?
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The game is a solid 8/10

It starts out really fun and like that other zombie game where you run around and kill zombies gets repetitive. ( Dead Rising) Quests and Story line are really bad -.- but its still a little bit fun destroying the fck outa zombies
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #21
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

picked this up last night. played for an hour or two. pretty fun so far. first fps i've played in over a year. can't pass up a rpg leveling style, looting, open world zombie game though.

gonna see how i like it after delving a little deeper. so far haven't experienced any glitchiness or anything like i've been reading about. i'm sure patches will continue to improve the overall experience.

missions have been kinda samey, but i'm liking that the weapons are slowly getting better and better. stabbed a zombie chick in the right breast last night with a diving knife much to my onlooking girlfriend's dismay.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
So has anyone actually played this?

Weird game. I borrowed it and played it for about 45mins or so. I feel lost so far. I also think I either didnt disable the option or have no clue how too when it comes to co-op. I dont mind playing co-op but for now would prefer to play by myself to get a grasp of the game. I found myself having guys join my games and couldnt start missions until the rest of the gamers came to the area I was in. So you find yourself doing free mode with 2 strangers running off into 2 different places. That may be cool later on, but just starting a game? I wasnt feeling. The game doesnt seem difficult, but maybe as you level up the zombies get tougher? Not sure.

I'll probably play this for the weekend. See how much of this game I can complete achievement wise before MW3.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #23
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

^Yeah I'm gonna be getting this over the next month or two and I too wanna know if you can disable others from joining your game.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

Yes, you can play alone. I played through the whole game without worrying about people cutting in. You could always just sign out of PSN or Live to be sure lol.

I won't spoil anything, but there's lots of loose ends at the conclusion of this. Possibly leading up to a sequel.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloMike
Yes, you can play alone. I played through the whole game without worrying about people cutting in. You could always just sign out of PSN or Live to be sure lol.

I won't spoil anything, but there's lots of loose ends at the conclusion of this. Possibly leading up to a sequel.

So when played did you just do the main story quests or did you roam around and explore things first? I'm not sure how I should play this game...maybe just free mode and roam the map after I beat it.

The rap song is hilarious tho.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #26
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So when played did you just do the main story quests or did you roam around and explore things first? I'm not sure how I should play this game...maybe just free mode and roam the map after I beat it.

The rap song is hilarious tho.

I recommend exploring around and finding sidequests. I tried to find as many as I can. Eventually you end up in different locations off the resort and you can explore these locations as well to help survivors.

Just playing the main story would be a waste in my eyes. For a while I was just running around killing things and exploring the resort. I like how there's no time restraints like there was in Dead Rising 2.

It also would have been cool if the other three characters could be CPU controlled. It's pretty stupid how you're alone fighting zombies and you go to a cut scene and all four characters are apart of them.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloMike
I recommend exploring around and finding sidequests. I tried to find as many as I can. Eventually you end up in different locations off the resort and you can explore these locations as well to help survivors.

Just playing the main story would be a waste in my eyes. For a while I was just running around killing things and exploring the resort. I like how there's no time restraints like there was in Dead Rising 2.

It also would have been cool if the other three characters could be CPU controlled. It's pretty stupid how you're alone fighting zombies and you go to a cut scene and all four characters are apart of them.

Gotcha, I kinda figured that. I had trouble not roaming with these type of games. I finished the mission at the lifeguard station. Now there are about 5-6 side qwest icons that popped up so I'll probably mess with those for now.

I upgraded 2 weapons however those weapons arent in my possession. Guess I got to find them now?

Also how does playing co-op affect single player when it comes to completing missions, side qwests, collectibles? I wonder if I complete a side qwest it would count for my own stats or whatever. Thats why I rather do solo for now. I dont need to feel like I missed something skipped a part.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #28
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Gotcha, I kinda figured that. I had trouble not roaming with these type of games. I finished the mission at the lifeguard station. Now there are about 5-6 side qwest icons that popped up so I'll probably mess with those for now.

I upgraded 2 weapons however those weapons arent in my possession. Guess I got to find them now?

Also how does playing co-op affect single player when it comes to completing missions, side qwests, collectibles? I wonder if I complete a side qwest it would count for my own stats or whatever. Thats why I rather do solo for now. I dont need to feel like I missed something skipped a part.

That shouldn't have happened. Maybe those weapons are only unlocked once you reach a certain level? That's weird though, maybe you accidentally dropped them? lol

I wonder the same thing. I never played co-op for the same reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: