Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What do you guys think about this trade(w/ the Nets)?

Thabeet is garbage, I've seen him play some games in Memphis on streams, and he isn't worth trading for at all, I'd rather keep Okur for now even with the back problems, and hope he returns.

We don't need to get rid of Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap right now, I don't understand why we are totally blowing up our team, we're still 31-26!!!!
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #17
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Jazz were $6,733,605 over the tax before this deal. If it goes down as currently reported, with 3 players, they'll now be $4,907,732 over. Twitter

Figured as much. Maybe they will sign a guy to a 10 day contract now to help them instead of going with only 10 players?

Quote:
Thabeet is garbage, I've seen him play some games in Memphis on streams, and he isn't worth trading for at all

He's not anymore garbage than #53 that hangs from the rafters. I assume he can hold his long arms in the air in front of the rim?

Quote:
I'd rather keep Okur for now even with the back problems, and hope he returns.

He's had back problems for years and it isn't going to get better. He's not worth the money they pay him regardless.

Quote:
We don't need to get rid of Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap right now, I don't understand why we are totally blowing up our team, we're still 31-26!!!!

Jefferson and Milsap play basically the same game. Jefferson needs to go. Why they traded for him in the first place is baffling when they had Milsap and now Favors not to mention AK.

As far as blowing up the team they have no star now. They are lottery bound maybe for a long time. Time to rebuild.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Better not give up Milsap on the cheap. I'd take about anything to get rid of Jefferson's contract. Jazz love Foster. They'd love Dunleavy too. Ford is expiring. Probably get McRoberts in the deal too. Got to keep stocked up on the PF's. They aren't getting the two you mentioned.
I'd keep Millsap too, unless it's a no brainer can't pass deal.

Jefferson for Foster and Dunleavy straight up doesn't work. Add Raja Bell into the mix and it does. Still leaves room for Indiana to throw in a Tyler Hansbrough or Josh McRoberts too.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #19
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
I'd keep Millsap too, unless it's a no brainer can't pass deal.

Got one of the best contracts in the league.

Quote:
Jefferson for Foster and Dunleavy straight up doesn't work. Add Raja Bell into the mix and it does. Still leaves room for Indiana to throw in a Tyler Hansbrough or Josh McRoberts too.

I'd take on Jones crappy contract too if need be. Better than Jefferson's and he fills a need. They should have a trade exception from the latest deal. They probably have some left on the NBoozer/Jefferson one too. The Brewer one might have just expired? I'd guess Bird would deal McRoberts over Hansbrough.

Guess we can start watching the draft boards. Jazz might be the worst team in the league now and along with the Nets pick they could draft very high.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 02-24-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #20
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Seems pretty stupid not to listen to other offers. They got a lot less than Denver would have gotten for Carmelo and as far as I'm concerned Deron is the better player by far.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:13 AM   #21
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Sources say the Wolves have offered Flynn to the Jazz as part of a Raja Bell deal. They are also talking to several other teams including the Blazers about a deal.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #22
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...for-grabs.html

Got to think Harris will start eventually. They should go after Rubio not Flynn but I'm sure he doesn't want to be in Utah anymore than Minnesota probably even less since they actually have a couple young all-star caliber players to build around.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #23
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Corbin is crazy to not start Harris, Watson is a good veteran leader, but it's stupid to not start Devin Harris.

I've gained a lot of respect in Earl Watson in that article though.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:00 AM   #24
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Flynn = Nate Robinson 2.0

He would be good off the bench, I guess.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #25
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Flynn has sucked in Minnesota this year, we'd be out of our minds to trade for him.

I hope we make a trade sometime in the morning for a SG/SF that can shoot the ball. As much as I've liked Andrei's stay in Utah so far, and Raja Bell's toughness, I think we need to move one of the two for SG/SF that can shoot on the perimeter. I am just baffled that we are most likely going to hold onto AK's contract. God damn it Jazz FO, can we get a good wing man!

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 02-24-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #26
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There aren't that many good SG/SF out there. Tayshaun would just be Kirilenko 2.0...possibly a little better but not by much.

Granger would be the best one out there but we'd have to trade Jefferson for him.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #27
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
Flynn has sucked in Minnesota this year, we'd be out of our minds to trade for him.

He doesn't seem like a good fit but for a team obviosuly in rebuilding mode a guy with talent that just turned 21 for a has been sounds like something worth looking into.

Quote:
I hope we make a trade sometime in the morning for a SG/SF that can shoot the ball. As much as I've liked Andrei's stay in Utah so far, and Raja Bell's toughness, I think we need to move one of the two for SG/SF that can shoot on the perimeter.

AK isn't the one to trade. Jefferson/Okur are.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #28
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

I agree that Okur is one we should look into possibly trading, but with an 18 million dollar contract, you have to consider trading AK-47.

I'm just glad we didn't end up dealing with Deron's antics much longer, because it seems like the Jazz FO was sure he wasn't going to re-sign, he was a great player, but his attitude when we lost was poor, and had a lot of mood swings in losses, he showed his discontent of the team. I think Deron made a mistake and took about this whole process this year very poorly.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 02-24-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #29
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Quote:
There aren't that many good SG/SF out there. Tayshaun would just be Kirilenko 2.0...possibly a little better but not by much.

Doesn't sound like Prince is available. There's plenty out there that could be an upgrade on Bell and Price certainly.

Quote:
Granger would be the best one out there but we'd have to trade Jefferson for him.

You wouldn't want that steal? Bird wouldn't that's for sure.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #30
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

You consider it for the right player but AK is a guy they need Jefferson and Okur aren't. Next year he's playing for 7 or 8 million max.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: