Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #16
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Devin Harris rumors

In the latest Melo rumour, Denver is expected to move Murphy and one of the 1st round picks they get from NJ. Do we make this move to use our TPE and get another 1st round pick?
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #17
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Earl
In the latest Melo rumour, Denver is expected to move Murphy and one of the 1st round picks they get from NJ. Do we make this move to use our TPE and get another 1st round pick?

HELL YES!
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far

If Denver does get Harris from NJ, does this make Ty Lawson expendable? Can BC take Lawson and Murphy for the TPE, and then somehow flip Calderon for Marvin Williams?
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Earl
If Denver does get Harris from NJ, does this make Ty Lawson expendable? Can BC take Lawson and Murphy for the TPE, and then somehow flip Calderon for Marvin Williams?

I`m pretty sure that Ty Lawson will not be expendable as they are in a full rebuild with younger players. Denver will probably look to do whatever they can in order to get rid of Harris and his contract and we are stuck with Joses contract so its very likely that nothing is gonna happen.

I hope BC does not use the TPE at all during the trade deadline and waits till the end of the season to use it so the team will get a higher pick but also get a good player for the TPE.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #20
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

I used to think that Raptors Management would use the TPE "no matter what" in order to show something from CB4 leaving town.

However the CBA negotiations and updates from the All Star game make me think - mehh not so much.

The Team will be under the cap and the "franchise player" tag seems a core element of the new CBA Stern wants to push essentially limiting superstar player mobility - probably so the big 3 in Miami may never happen again.

The imperative to use the TPE is probably not so high any more as the drafts, young team we have is probably fairly well situated for the new season and new rules.

----

In terms of doing a deal with Denver - Nene in stead of draft picks could work out.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: