Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Should we be skeptic, optimistic or flat out going insane?

In the first game of the season we were a rebuilding team with a new head coach, a new system and a number of new members in our staff.

In the first game of the season we had a core of five players set and eight new additions to the roster.

In the first game of the season we were unable to utilize our biggest offseason move and as soon as we got him right back one of the most influential core players fell down due to another injury.

In the first game of the season we started a young talented yet unproven PG, a journeyman 12th man SG, an inconsistent injury-prone SF, a 2nd year 2nd round pick PF and a flamboyant unpredictable C.

So, at the All-Star Break and considering our current record and overall play I must question you my fellow Bull:

Should we be skeptic (2nd round exit against MIA/BOS at best), optimistic (all the way to the ECF against MIA/BOS) or flat out going insane (DRose=Jordan, Deng=Pippen, Noah=Rodman, Thibs=Phil, next decade dynasty beatches!!!)?
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation
Default Re: Should we be skeptic, optimistic or flat out going insane?

How about we just continue to be die hard fans and support our team? This is our best season in what seems like an eternity and whatever the outcome we can hold our heads high because this team is finally (after many many years of obscurity) getting it right
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Definately a good year to be us Bulls fans. We have alot to look forward to and I know that I'm very excited for the rest of the season. We have a great group of guys and a fearless leader. DRose has proven to be our Superstar and we have a great supporting cast around him.

I know that on any given night our team is capable of beating any other team in this league. Come playoff time I know our opponents are going to fear the battle they'll have to encounter against us and we have a roster here that is ready for war regardless of the opposition.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't like this bandwagon mentality. Either you're a fan, or your're not.

If you think we need to win a championship to go insaine. GTFO. Otherwise, you should already be going insaine. The Bulls have been damn fun to watch since Hinrich was drafted, let alone now when they are 100x better. This team is the real deal. Even with Bogans, we have a shot to win a title. Underdog? Yes. In the conversation to win a ring? Yes.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just enjoying the ride so far. It has been an amazing 54 games, and I really believe in this roster.

Whatever happens this season, it has already been far more entertaining than anything in the past 10 plus years.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Ruh-Roh
Da Bulls.

Ruh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRuh-Roh is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I for one am skeptic, optimistic & flat out going insane because #91 is a finalist for the HOF...if that happens this is going to be one of my favorite Bulls seasons in the last decade.
Ruh-Roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

If you think we need to win a championship to go insaine. GTFO. Otherwise, you should already be going insaine. The Bulls have been damn fun to watch since Hinrich was drafted, let alone now when they are 100x better. This team is the real deal. Even with Bogans, we have a shot to win a title. Underdog? Yes. In the conversation to win a ring? Yes.
It's funny you mentioned Kirk bec I was reminiscing about the time I really started liking this team. Yes, they didn't win the ring but they looked good back then, working hard, playing unselfish basketball etc.
Kirk doesn't make spectacular plays like Rose but I really like his defense and leadership.
Made me wonder what's the difference bet Thibs and Skiles since they were both defensive minded coaches. Jeff Van Gundy mentioned that while Thibs has a great defensive mind, he is also a very underrated offensive coach.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I'm just enjoying the ride so far. It has been an amazing 54 games, and I really believe in this roster.

Whatever happens this season, it has already been far more entertaining than anything in the past 10 plus years.
same here, Im also really enjoying the ride, watching them play the "right way", helping each other on defense, good ball rotation etc, I watched the game vs the Spurs 3 x, my wife is getting sick of it. lol.
But hey, their success kinda numb the pain in watching how my other team the Lakers treat the regular season.
Going back to the Bulls, their 2 games vs Miami, Orlando and Boston should be a better gauge on how they would fare in the playoffs. In the meantime, Im relaxing and enjoying the journey

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 02-19-2011 at 01:45 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #9
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I think its fair to say Capt. Kirk was the face of the franchise for a good few years. I was at game 4 of the 06 playoffs when he hit a three from what seemed like 30' to clinch the game. I'll never forget that experience. He kept the crowds coming IMO.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #10
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

I've been in the Bulls bandwagon since Jordan. I was 10 then. I'm not from Chicago or even from America so I have no regional attachment. I have no 2nd favorite team. I suffered in awe the beginning of the last decade. I wanted Curry/Chandler project to be successful. I experienced the excitement of Kirk/Gordon/Deng playoff runs.

What I'm asking is simple. It has nothing to do with fun. Bullls always will be fun to me. It has to do with our personal expectations for the next years.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

You said it man! And it'll be this way for 10+ more years!

We have an awesome core here and as long as we keep the main components together starting with Rose, Noah, Boozer, and Deng we will have alot to look forward to!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: