Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Noah to return Feb. 23rd

So that would make him available for the game against Toronto, one day before the big match up against Miami. Can't wait hopefully he's not to rusty!
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Noah to return Feb. 23rd

I'm glad he's tuning up against Toronto. Hopefully he can be a difference maker against Miami! So excited to see our team coming back together *knock on wood*
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Couldn't be any happier. Hopefully its not like Boozer's return where we get blown out the first two game though.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Was hoping he'd return for the Spurs game so they'd have a better chance to win, but I guess the extra rest over the all star break will probably be safer.

If Bulls are 100% come playoff time. . .look out. ECF possibilitiy. And if they get there. . .they can make the Finals.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

This is great news. Excited to have him coming back. He's going to make us that much better.

I don't expect him to be rusty for too long. He's been able to do some running so his stamina should be alright. He was effective right up until they stopped playing him so that he could have the surgery and recover so I see him getting into form pretty quickly.

Now I expect even greater things out of this team and I don't see them dissapointing me.

Glad to have you coming back Noah!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
oh_snAP1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oh_snAP1 has an OK reputation so far

Bulls will also get someone else back today. Let's get this man in the rotation now!

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ter-nbdl-stint

Johnson rejoins Bulls after NBDL stint

James Johnson was back at practice Monday afternoon after being recalled from the NBA Development League. Johnson played eight games in the D-League for the Iowa Energy, the Bulls' affiliate.

James Johnson played eight games with the Iowa Energy of the NBDL. "I thought he played very, very well in the D-League," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He did a great job. The team won. He played extremely well. And he did a great job today at practice. We're happy to have him back."

Thibodeau believes that Johnson's success in the D-League will help him down the line.

"I think you're seeing it more and more now," he said. "I think more teams are utilizing the D-League and it makes a lot of sense. And James has done a great job for us all year in practice, his attitude has been terrific, and it was an opportunity for him to get some playing time which I think was important for him for his development."

As far as Johnson cracking the rotation though, Thibodeau was still non-committal, saying that Johnson will be used "situationally."

"The thing is, if we're in a situation where there's injury, foul trouble, I would not hesitate to put him in the game."

Johnson averaged 19 points, nine rebounds and four assists during his stint in the D-League.
oh_snAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^^ In other words, "yeah he did great and I would expect JJ to have greater confidence after getting some playing time in the D-league, ultimately this should increase his ability to jump up and lead his teammates in giving applause/high-fives while Derrick continues to embarrass opposing PG's around the NBA. I would still prefer to stick needles in my eyes than give JJ actual playing time."

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 02-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
oh_snAP1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oh_snAP1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
^^^ In other words, "yeah he did great and I would expect JJ to have greater confidence after getting some playing time in the D-league, ultimately this should increase his ability to jump up and lead his teammates in giving applause/high-fives while Derrick continues to embarrass opposing PG's around the NBA. I would still prefer to stick needles in my eyes than give JJ actual playing time."

I'd just like to see him get some decent PT, Deng needs a break. JJ always had the physical abilities to be a good quality player, but his decision making was suspect. Hopefully this stint in the D's improved that area of his game somewhat.

Last edited by oh_snAP1 : 02-15-2011 at 04:59 PM.
oh_snAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I dont want to repeat my opinion over and over again about JJ, but I do hope he gets quality playing time.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

So in other words, it's 'Welcome back JJ, we got some new pom poms for you'
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Give JJ 5 minutes a game and let Deng catch his breath. It'd greatly benefit both players. From what I've seen of JJ, and I'm no Bulls expert, he has all the physical tools to excel in the NBA. He just lacks seasoning and maturity.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

James could be the perimeter player I have been talking about us needing. Obviously he still struggles some, but he can create plays and score the basketball.
If we can ease him and get him used to the NBA game I think he can develop some more confidence. He will always be that player that commits stupid turnovers and occasionally has mental lapses though. But maybe if he can get to a good understanding of what he can do offensively it will outweigh those?
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
James could be the perimeter player I have been talking about us needing. Obviously he still struggles some, but he can create plays and score the basketball.
If we can ease him and get him used to the NBA game I think he can develop some more confidence. He will always be that player that commits stupid turnovers and occasionally has mental lapses though. But maybe if he can get to a good understanding of what he can do offensively it will outweigh those?
It seems like if JJ is going to break into the rotation while Thibs is at the helm, then JJ is going to need to do it with defense. I often can't help but think of JJ as a potential Ron Artest type of player, although I will be content to skip the crazy part. JJ has the size and physical skills to defend the perimeter and in the paint. If JJ does nothing but become a tough defensive player that other teams hate, we will be doing quite well for the draft pick used to select him.

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 02-19-2011 at 11:31 AM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
It seems like if JJ is going to break into the rotation while Thibs is at the helm, then JJ is going to need to do it with defense. I often can't help but think of JJ as a potential Ron Artest type of player, although I will be content to skip the crazy part. JJ has the size and physical skills to defend the perimeter and in the paint. If JJ does nothing but become a tough defensive player that other teams hate, we will be doing quite well for the draft pick used to select him.

I've mentioned before that I see JJ turning into the next Gerald Wallace, but with better ballhandling and more of a creator.

I think his defense is already there. Alot of the problems with JJ are mental. He's a good defender but he makes stupid fouls.

Offensively he can score in a variety of ways but doesn't always know where to be on the court and has too many turnovers and makes risky decisions.

Needs to settle down and play to his strengths. Alot of this will be helped by increased playing time and experience and that's something that Thibs hasn't been willing to give him as of yet. Hopefully he'll see that Deng needs some rest and give JJ some time.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: