Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
pennstate73
I brick open layups

pennstate73 has an OK reputation so far
Default A. I. to Nuggets Part 2

Here we go again!
What's the answer? Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers.

Less than 24 hours after Anthony threw a fit, not to mention his uniform, when Denver ignored him on the final offensive possession of a two-point loss at home, the Nuggets caught wind Thursday of a whisper that figures to have phones ringing off the hook in the offices of general managers throughout the NBA.

Iverson is back on the trade block, according to a league source, who said the Nuggets are among the teams that have been contacted to measure interest in the 31-year-old point guard.

Here we go again

Who can we give up.. Andre...J.R. and Nene!

pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstate73
Here we go again!
What's the answer? Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers.

Less than 24 hours after Anthony threw a fit, not to mention his uniform, when Denver ignored him on the final offensive possession of a two-point loss at home, the Nuggets caught wind Thursday of a whisper that figures to have phones ringing off the hook in the offices of general managers throughout the NBA.

Iverson is back on the trade block, according to a league source, who said the Nuggets are among the teams that have been contacted to measure interest in the 31-year-old point guard.

Here we go again

Who can we give up.. Andre...J.R. and Nene!

if you guys give up JR, who will be your shooting guard?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

DerMarr Johnson and Yakhouba Diawara...plus they can also pick up a free agent to fill in..Plus, Iverson can play the 1 and 2....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I heard on ESPN that George Karl said that they are not interested in A.I.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:18 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
I heard on ESPN that George Karl said that they are not interested in A.I.

good... the Nuggets are looking real good... look at the thread i posted bout JR Smith and Andre Miller, if Camby gets going, championship hunt!

NO AI REQUIRED!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

i think denvers wins lately have shown we dont need a.i. we already have jr smith a perfectly awesome sg why would u wna get rid of him. hes insane! he just set a record. highest amount of points in a half this season!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

76ers wouldn't be interested in JR they have AI2 and Carney, both of them play the same position as JR. On all the sites ive looked at it would be Miller, a choice of either Eduardo Najera or Joe Smith and a fill in of one or two of these guys Julius Hodge, DerMarr Johnson or Jamal Sampson. So with a AI and Melo the 2 leading scorers its not gonna take long before one gets mad about how many shots there getting plus JR will complain about how many shots hes getting, So thats just looking for trouble. The teams Chemestry is really coming together and Melo and JR are playing above amazing, I would have never thought either of them could play at the level they are. So I don't think the Nuggets should look at getting AI.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #8
Serge
Great young streetballer

Serge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
good... the Nuggets are looking real good... look at the thread i posted bout JR Smith and Andre Miller, if Camby gets going, championship hunt!

NO AI REQUIRED!

championship hunt LOL haha with this roster you got no chance to beat Dallas, Spurs, Suns, and even Clipps be hard for you guys.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
76ers wouldn't be interested in JR they have AI2 and Carney, both of them play the same position as JR. On all the sites ive looked at it would be Miller, a choice of either Eduardo Najera or Joe Smith and a fill in of one or two of these guys Julius Hodge, DerMarr Johnson or Jamal Sampson. So with a AI and Melo the 2 leading scorers its not gonna take long before one gets mad about how many shots there getting plus JR will complain about how many shots hes getting, So thats just looking for trouble. The teams Chemestry is really coming together and Melo and JR are playing above amazing, I would have never thought either of them could play at the level they are. So I don't think the Nuggets should look at getting AI.

HAHA that's not even close enough for AI if with out JR, but we don't need him so not sure what we can get from Denver.

And if Iverson let Webber take 20 shots a game or w/e last season then he sure as heck will pass to Melo. Melo would like him on his team I think from the of season when they tryed to get him. He really liked AI when they played for team USA together they would get along fine. If Webber, and AI conbined for 50+ last season I am sure AI would pass even more to a guy who is not on one leg. lol

And even though Karl said they won't be looking at AI........There gm said we did look at him in the summer, and we still like him. So my guess is that means they will try to get him atleast. And Melo is all for it in the of season so don't think anything changed. They are only like 4 over .500 not sure why some fans don't wanna break that Melo/JR combo up.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:10 AM   #10
pennstate73
I brick open layups

With a marketable big man in Nene, a hefty expiring contract from Joe Smith that Philadelphia likes for salary-cap flexibility and the two picks Denver owns in the first round of the 2007 draft, the Nuggets have the resources to compete with Indiana, Minnesota or any other league rival to land Iverson.

The Nuggets have several players who could end their current contracts by 2008 in guard Earl Boykins ($2.95 million this season), rookie swingman Yakhouba Diawara ($412,718), guard Julius Hodge ($1.2 million), guard DerMarr Johnson ($835,810), forward Linas Kleiza ($945,360), forward Eduardo Najera ($4.5 million), center Jamal Sampson ($745,551) and guard J.R. Smith ($1.3 million).

Despite signing a five-year, $60 million deal with Denver in the offseason, forward-center Nene could be dealt to Philadelphia and then moved somewhere else for a player with an expiring contract.

Players who signed contracts during the offseason like Nene, Diawara, Johnson and Sampson aren't eligible to be traded until Friday.

If the Nuggets make a deal for Iverson, it's possible they could be left with a starting five that includes Andre Miller and Iverson at guard, Anthony at one of the forward spots and Camby at center.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
pennstate73
I brick open layups

What ya think... Nene to Portland for magloire then send him to Phila.. also Joe Smith and one of our 2007 first round draft picks..even could add..Boykins.. since he could opt out of his contract at the end of season... then use the exception got for kenyon and sign van horn(or some other forward) They would get 3 expiring contracts AND a draft pick
Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #12
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

I am tired of hearing this "chemistry" b.s. What George Karl needs is 2 players that he pencil in for 20-25 points EVERY night. Not every OTHER night or home games.

He dosen't have that now. With A. I. he will have it. To have a running game this is a necessity. And if the role palyers do their job everything will be fine.

And when playoffs come around and the running game is stopped, these scoreers are needed to advance to the finals.

WE NEED A.I.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you guys should keep the same line up with Iverson in place of Miller... you should keep jr but trade miller and boykins and nene...........then just get fillers to fill in the roster.....team has enough big men...and with AI you dont need guards as AI plays the whole game practically....imo
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:17 AM   #14
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
you guys should keep the same line up with Iverson in place of Miller... you should keep jr but trade miller and boykins and nene...........then just get fillers to fill in the roster.....team has enough big men...and with AI you dont need guards as AI plays the whole game practically....imo

Yea True Story LOL
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #15
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

hmmm the only 2 ppl i dnt want leaving the nuggets are jr smith and carmelo anthony. if iverson can come 2 denver without either of them leaving it will truely be an awesome trio.
melo 30 ppg
iverson 30 ppg
jr 20 ppg.
if melos not open iverson is if iverson isnt jr is.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: