Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Official : UFC 127 Penn vs Jon Fitch

Didnt know this was so close next week already, card on paper looks kinda lame.

We get to see Penn move up a weight class against agruably the best most boring guy at WW not called GSP.

Then we have Michael Bisping against a gatekeeper on Jorge Rivera.

Same with Gsot against Dennis Siver, I wish they gave Gsot a title shot but I guess they have to clear up the Maynard vs. Edgar fight first.

Also Carlos Condit got scrapped from the card due to injury, anyway Im more excited about next months Jones vs Shogun fight for the LHW belt.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official : UFC 127 Penn vs Jon Fitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
anyway Im more excited about next months Jones vs Shogun fight for the LHW belt.
Bones finally got a title shot!!!!! F--k Yeah!!!!

I haven't watched UFC since last year. Both of them were Jones' fights. Vera and some Russian.

I'm more of a Jones homer than UFC/MMA fan.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
DeronMillsap
Banned

DeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDeronMillsap is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can't believe I missed his last fight(Jones vs Bader) from two weeks ago.

Why is he fighting on one-month rest? Isn't this too early?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap

He didn't suffer any injury, he's already in fighting shape, and title shots don't come up that often.

Also, if you looke back 4-5 years ago a lot of guys would fight every couple months. It seems only in the last 3-4 years that fighters take these really long layoffs.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
DeronMillsap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmwise
He didn't suffer any injury, he's already in fighting shape, and title shots don't come up that often.

Also, if you looke back 4-5 years ago a lot of guys would fight every couple months. It seems only in the last 3-4 years that fighters take these really long layoffs.
Gotcha!!!!

I just started watching UFC two years ago. I think it was Penn vs GSP, where Penn was trying to be a double-champion Light weight and Welterweight. Jones was in the preliminary card that night. He was so dominating I became a Bones fan.

I just watched Jones vs Bader on a stream channel I found online. Bones is still looking unstoppable. I hope he gets the title. I remember Shogun whooping The Dragon's ass last year so it'll be a good fight. But of course I'm hoping Bones becomes the new LW champion.

He's gonna be the youngest champion, right, if he wins?

Last edited by DeronMillsap : 02-18-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:

The fight was supposed to be Shogun vs Rashard, but Rashard got injured upon winning against Bader Joe Rogan asked him if he was willing to face Shogun for the title, dude almost cried with joy, this will be a exciting fight Im sure and a true test for Jones, if not it doesnt do much for Shogun, although for some weird reason its Shogun who's the underdog in the betting lines, most porbably due to the long layoff.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
DeronMillsap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
The fight was supposed to be Shogun vs Rashard, but Rashard got injured upon winning against Bader Joe Rogan asked him if he was willing to face Shogun for the title, dude almost cried with joy, this will be a exciting fight Im sure and a true test for Jones, if not it doesnt do much for Shogun, although for some weird reason its Shogun who's the underdog in the betting lines, most porbably due to the long layoff.
I just found the Jones-Bader match online but it didn't have the interview on it. It's pretty cool he man up and accepted the challenge on the spot.

Who do you think will win?

Jones has been dominant so far in his career, even that one loss against Hamil wasn't even a real loss because he got DQed via illegal elbows. He still beat up Hamill pretty good. Rua looks like he's stronger but much less agile and less versatile. Other than the Machida matches I don't know too much about Shotgun. If Jones will, it'll probably be by submission. What do you think?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a Strikeforce Challengers Series on tonight.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

BJ is my favorite fighter and I can't wait for that fight. but the rest of the card is garbage.

Even the lytle/condit fight is off.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #10
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I just found the Jones-Bader match online but it didn't have the interview on it. It's pretty cool he man up and accepted the challenge on the spot.

Who do you think will win?

Jones has been dominant so far in his career, even that one loss against Hamil wasn't even a real loss because he got DQed via illegal elbows. He still beat up Hamill pretty good. Rua looks like he's stronger but much less agile and less versatile. Other than the Machida matches I don't know too much about Shotgun. If Jones will, it'll probably be by submission. What do you think?

Gonna be a good fight. Shogun has the experience but if I had to bet then my money would be on Jones. The kid has looked unstopable. Both Shogun and Jones can knock people out standing up. Jones has the more unorthadox inventive striking stlye, but Shogun can probably do more damage with leg kicks. Wrestling wise I would give the advatage clearly to Jones.

The other thing to keep in mind with Rua is that most of his carreer he has fought in Pride and other organizations with different rules than the UFC. In Pride the ground fighting wasn't the same becuase when you knocked someone down you could just stomp their face. Rua has 7 of his wins by stomp/soccer kicks.
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #11
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

a healthy Shogun will run through Jones, just to aggressive, but Jones is really a dark horse unorthodox striking great range above average wrestling and a very good camp. Im a Shogun fan so ill go with him due to experience and better resume, but anything can happen which makes this fight good.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #12
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I don't like this fight for Jones. Maybe in a year or two. He has the skills to beat Shogun, but Shogun so much more experienced and octagon saavy. I am rooting for Jones, but I think they are moving him along too quickly.

I would rather him fight some other 205 gatekeepers like Griffin/ Franklin, move up to contenders like Rampage/Evans/Machida and then go after the belt.

This is like 2 levels up and he only has 6 weeks to train for it? This is one of the things I don't like about the UFC.

Last edited by Vragrant : 02-19-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
I don't like this fight for Jones. Maybe in a year or two. He has the skills to beat Shogun, but Shogun so much more experienced and octagon saavy. I am rooting for Jones, but I think they are moving him along too quickly.
actually I think they moved him to slow he was obviously very good from the get go and didnt need those tune up matches against matsyshenko. He should have been put against you blood like luis cane and thiago after his first 3 wins, I believe Jones will eventually top out as a HW due to him being so young and still growing.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

not to thread hijack, but still ufc related news

phil davis who was to fight matt hamill, was without opponent because matt hamill is fighting rampage

tito ortiz had to pull out of fight vs lil nog at ufc 128, so phil davis will now be facing lil nog

good matchup!
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

couple more days till the fight.

On a side note Brandon Vera has been uncut due to Thiago Silva testing positive for some unknown substance.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22570/bran...by-the-ufc.mma
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: