Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The missing piece

Watch the Knicks games the next chance yall get - I said this in the general discussion board earlier in the year. Wilson Chandler may very well become a free agent this summer. It seems like Denver doesn't want him, I think it because he plays defense. The guy is tough as nails. His jumper is wet (35% from three) despite the fact that he couldn't work on it in the summer. He's only 23, so his touch will naturally get better and he will have time over the summer to improve. He's a character guy and is probably our best defender.

He really plays the three for the Knicks, he's 6'8 around 230 so he is a big shooting guard but he's done well there. He's extremely versatile. He plays powerforward sometimes and guarded Blake Griffin most of the game and did a good job. 16 ppg without being featured but the Knicks do play fast ball and you get opportunities that way so he would be about a 12ppg scorer with Chicago and in a more structured system. He's above average in knowing when to go hard to the hoop.

So if yall get a chance check him out. Unfortunately, DAntoni is in love Gallanari and Chandler seems like the odd man out. If yall had him this year he would fit right in. I would even do two months of my job in Chicago in the spring if yall got him.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: The missing piece

I like Wilson Chandler and I also see how he would fit in here with our Bulls, but the problem is the contract that he and his agent will be looking for. I don't remember the exact figures and if I remember correctly I read it in some local newspapers but he was looking for somewhere between $50-60 Million over 5 years. Too much money. Not saying he'll get that much, but I'm pretty sure the Bulls won't be able to afford whatever he does end up getting. Unless he gives us a discount to come here which I highly doubt.

He is extremely versatile, can score in a variety of ways pretty efficiently and can guard multiple positions.

His downsides in my opinion are that he's inconsistent, doesn't always give 100 percent, and his shot selection is off sometimes. These are all things I feel would be minimized and controlled on our team though.

Again. I'd love to have him but I think it'll be too much of an investment and ultimately not worth it.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gimme this guy.

You keep Chandler.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
Pointguard

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Gimme this guy.

You keep Chandler.
Noooooo, he staying on rookie scale and is too valuable.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
Pointguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I like Wilson Chandler and I also see how he would fit in here with our Bulls, but the problem is the contract that he and his agent will be looking for. I don't remember the exact figures and if I remember correctly I read it in some local newspapers but he was looking for somewhere between $50-60 Million over 5 years. Too much money. Not saying he'll get that much, but I'm pretty sure the Bulls won't be able to afford whatever he does end up getting. Unless he gives us a discount to come here which I highly doubt.

He is extremely versatile, can score in a variety of ways pretty efficiently and can guard multiple positions.

His downsides in my opinion are that he's inconsistent, doesn't always give 100 percent, and his shot selection is off sometimes. These are all things I feel would be minimized and controlled on our team though.

Again. I'd love to have him but I think it'll be too much of an investment and ultimately not worth it.
The ills you quoted are because he doesn't really have a role with DAntoni. I think the contract will be like 4 years around 30ish. But yall have that money.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #6
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Bogans is starting to come around. We may not even need a SG to make the finals this year.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Bogans is starting to come around. We may not even need a SG to make the finals this year.

But yeah I like Chandler in this lineup.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

When you say missing piece I think of

dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I agree with the OP.

Part of the reason the Knicks dont scare me is that they gave up Wilson.

He can do everything we need, he's a Thibs type guy, and he adds toughness.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
jasonresno
Banned

jasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjasonresno is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose

I shed a tear. He better come back to Chicago.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose

Yep. Winning without him....is sad.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
ChiCity
I brick open layups

ChiCity has an OK reputation so far

i would be happy with gary neal