Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
DRoseOwnsACamry
King of Chicago

Default Why do you guys want Courtney Lee so much?

He's... Not that good, and won't make us a contender...

on 42% shooting... Once again, not good.

I'd MUCH rather have Afflalo

on 50% shooting, and a better young talent.
DRoseOwnsACamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
jasonresno
Banned

Default Re: Why do you guys want Courtney Lee so much?

Afflalo is probably untouchable. Lee is good D and a good 3 pt shooter. He's young, affordable, and knows his role. And apparently Thibs loves him.

I'd rather Afflalo as well, though.
jasonresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonresno
Afflalo is probably untouchable. Lee is good D and a good 3 pt shooter. He's young, affordable, and knows his role. And apparently Thibs loves him.

I'd rather Afflalo as well, though.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
He's... Not that good, and won't make us a contender...

on 42% shooting... Once again, not good.

I'd MUCH rather have Afflalo

on 50% shooting, and a better young talent.

Its so retarded when ppl compare Lee and Affalo. First look at Lee's stats his ROOKIE year. 46% field 40% 3PT 83% FT and he was what the 4th scoring option? Second year he goes to NJ and automatically becomes the 2nd scoring option on one of the worst teams in the league. Then goes to Houston and is a bench player. This kid has had no stability but still when he gets starters mins in houston he lights it up. Affalo didnt even get noticed until he went to Denver where he became a 4th scoring option on a good team. Affalo is playing well and what makes ppl think Lee cant play as well as Affalo if Lee is on the bulls. Lee would be the 4th scoring option and he would get WIDE OPEN shots. Not to mention lee is a scorer and can put the ball on the floor. Its going to be interesting to see how Afflalo does without having carmelo and chauncey. I think his efficiency goes down and he def wont score as much.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

First off Afflalo isn't available and Lee is.

And because Lee wouldn't cost us much and is automatically an upgrade.

He's an extremely well-rounded player on both ends of the floor. He would really benefit from playing with our guys. He would get alot of open looks created by Rose and Noah. He's a good midrange shooter as well as behind the arc. His percentages have dropped from but they don't tell the whole story because he's not getting good looks. Here he would be. Moves well without the ball and doesn't necessarily need plays ran for him to score. Also defensively he's tenacious and doesn't back down from anybody.

When he got 26 minutes of playing time on Feb. 14th he had 22 points on 5-7 shooting from three. Whenever he's got 20+ minutes he's been very efficient and productive.

Bogans and one of the 1st round picks we have for him would be a good deal. Throw in a 2nd round pick too if we have to.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
themurph
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
First off Afflalo isn't available and Lee is.

And because Lee wouldn't cost us much and is automatically an upgrade.

He's an extremely well-rounded player on both ends of the floor. He would really benefit from playing with our guys. He would get alot of open looks created by Rose and Noah. He's a good midrange shooter as well as behind the arc. His percentages have dropped from but they don't tell the whole story because he's not getting good looks. Here he would be. Moves well without the ball and doesn't necessarily need plays ran for him to score. Also defensively he's tenacious and doesn't back down from anybody.

When he got 26 minutes of playing time on Feb. 14th he had 22 points on 5-7 shooting from three. Whenever he's got 20+ minutes he's been very efficient and productive.

Bogans and one of the 1st round picks we have for him would be a good deal. Throw in a 2nd round pick too if we have to.

What he said^^^^
themurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Include me in the list of people who like Lee, but I would only give up draft picks for him.

I think theres only 5-6 people who are really pressing hard for Lee. Loud voices ≠ the majority of Bulls fans.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Its so retarded when ppl compare Lee and Affalo. First look at Lee's stats his ROOKIE year. 46% field 40% 3PT 83% FT and he was what the 4th scoring option? Second year he goes to NJ and automatically becomes the 2nd scoring option on one of the worst teams in the league. Then goes to Houston and is a bench player. This kid has had no stability but still when he gets starters mins in houston he lights it up. Affalo didnt even get noticed until he went to Denver where he became a 4th scoring option on a good team. Affalo is playing well and what makes ppl think Lee cant play as well as Affalo if Lee is on the bulls. Lee would be the 4th scoring option and he would get WIDE OPEN shots. Not to mention lee is a scorer and can put the ball on the floor. Its going to be interesting to see how Afflalo does without having carmelo and chauncey. I think his efficiency goes down and he def wont score as much.

Great post once again drwax, same with ljsbb and jasonresno. I also value his EXPERIENCE of being there in the playoffs esp the finals.
Having said that, I also like Afflalo, these guys are both young, fast and athletic.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Great post once again drwax, same with ljsbb and jasonresno. I also value his EXPERIENCE of being there in the playoffs esp the finals.
Having said that, I also like Afflalo, these guys are both young, fast and athletic.

Thanks a lot man I will make sure to rep you. I just hate when ppl think Afflalo is better than Lee when Lee did really well his rookie season and then everything changed. I only could imagine the numbers he would be putting up if he was still the starter in Orlando. I think Lee could be our Afflalo he just needs that stability and not be the center focus of the offense.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
ChiCity
I brick open layups

one of them two is the reason we traded jj
a draft pick and someone thats not needed for lee
maybe bogans and miami's 1st or just ours or miamis 1st to free cap space for houston
he is inactive tonight so i think he is going to be traded
ChiCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Tonight is why I want Courtney Lee.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

I'm betting the Lee talks are a smokescreen. Gut feelin is that the bulls are going for Mayo, hard
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: