Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default BREAKING NEWS: Nets meeting with Melo tonight!

Quote:
FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
Breaking: Nets are meeting with Carmelo tonight, sources tell Daily News. Could be a way to force the Knicks hand

Quote:
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
A league source confirms @Fisolanydn report of Melo meeting with NJ owner Prokhorov and minority partner Jay-Z in LA on Saturday night.

Bluff or real?

Last edited by bagelred : 02-19-2011 at 07:51 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Nets meeting with Melo tonight!

I hope the Nets gets Melo. Have Melo sign the extension and trade him to the Nets.

Go Brooklyn in 2012 or 2013!!
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

that's when he will tell the nets Nyet
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Bluff or real?
Beat me to it. I haven't seen anyone else tweet about it. a lot of retweets from other writers though. Lets go Prokhorov. Show Anthony whats up!
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #5
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Weird. I figured for sure with NY willing to give up a few fair pieces the Net's would be outta this thing. Good news is things look like there going to finish up either way, regardless if it's with the Net's or Knicks.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I guess they want an actual answer "from the horses mouth."

Btw this should've been done a while ago, cuz NJ could've just been wasting pretty much the entire season's worth of time on trying to make a deal for him.

But seriously, I honestly can't see Melo saying he'd sign there. It just doesn't make sense. I understand that a player would want money, but if it's about money, why not just take it in Denver (or even a few other teams in the NBA).
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
I guess they want an actual answer "from the horses mouth."

Btw this should've been done a while ago, cuz NJ could've just been wasting pretty much the entire season's worth of time on trying to make a deal for him.

But seriously, I honestly can't see Melo saying he'd sign there. It just doesn't make sense. I understand that a player would want money, but if it's about money, why not just take it in Denver (or even a few other teams in the NBA).
Lopez is the only positive thing here once Favors and Harris are gone. I bet getting Melo really boosts Lopez's game though. Takes off a lot of pressure.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
WoJo of Yahoo Sports also just reported this meeting on Hoopsworld. Damn, this is confusing and nerve wracking. It's time for someone to s@@t or get off the stool.
But it could be possible that Denver convinced Melo to just meet with NJ to make NY sweat a bit. I think Melo doesn't want to go, but Denver is trying to up NY (or a rental team)'s offer by making it appear they have other options. Then again if we find out that Melo says flat out NO to Prok then NY isn't as pressured (although they still have to make a legit offer, unlike what some arrogant Knicks fans think COUGH- KNicksfever2010- COUGH b/c Denver could just hold onto Melo and hope for the extension to be signed or a franchise tag)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #9
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe Dr. P doesn't even want Melo anymore and is just trying to cripple the Knicks by making em sweat it out. Maybe he wants them to sweeten the pot for Denver. This is a billionaire with a huge ego after all.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #10
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's possible, but, I just don't believe that Prokhorov will allow himself to be used as a pawn in this game. If he is truly back in it, I believe that he is ready to go for broke and make Melo an offer that he cannot refuse.

WoJo tweeted on Hoopsworld that the Nets and Nuggets sense a bit of dysfunction in the Knicks and perhaps plan to capitalize on it. Maybe the Knicks are fighting among themselves and are not sure what they want to do.

But, as a fairly good poker player, it looks to me like the Nets are ready to call the Knicks hand and raise the bet quite substantially.
Dolan!
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
It's possible, but, I just don't believe that Prokhorov will allow himself to be used as a pawn in this game. If he is truly back in it, I believe that he is ready to go for broke and make Melo an offer that he cannot refuse.

WoJo tweeted on Hoopsworld that the Nets and Nuggets sense a bit of dysfunction in the Knicks and perhaps plan to capitalize on it. Maybe the Knicks are fighting among themselves and are not sure what they want to do.

But, as a fairly good poker player, it looks to me like the Nets are ready to call the Knicks hand and raise the bet quite substantially.
From what I've heard, the Nets have no idea whether or not Melo is willing to extend with them. They can only go by whatever Denver tells them. And I'm guessing Denver's been telling them Melo will probably re-sign if traded to NJ. Now, NJ wants to hear it from Melo.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
Harion
Banned

Harion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHarion posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

every Melo rumor is tagged as breaking news
Harion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
From what I've heard, the Nets have no idea whether or not Melo is willing to extend with them. They can only go by whatever Denver tells them. And I'm guessing Denver's been telling them Melo will probably re-sign if traded to NJ. Now, NJ wants to hear it from Melo.
Yeah, they already have a backup detail for Murphy and supposedly Harris. I don;t think they would waste their time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harion
every Melo rumor is tagged as breaking news
ummm he is a top 10 player.. and he is linked to NY. soo
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Russian Mafia with Jay-Z doing work.

Al Iannazzone
I can confirm @FisolaNYDN that the Nets will finally have an audience with Carmelo Anthony. Believe itís happening in the near future
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

Maybe Prok sees the Knicks as rivals (he most likely does, remember the billboard in the summer) and knows if his team plays along it keeps driving up the Knicks offer so he's weakening the opponent and at the same time if he feels that Melo is considering New Jersey/ Brooklyn, then he's gonna try to convince him b/c they need a superstar like Melo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: