Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

here is a list of Centers in the NBA. I would rank bynum around 23-30. My thinking is based on Games played and their overall play

What do you guys think?

Atlantic
Boston Celtics - Perkins
New Jersey Nets - Lopez
New York Knicks - Amare

Philadelphia 76ers - Hawes
Toronto Raptors - Bargani
Central
Chicago Bulls - Noah
Cleveland Cavaliers - Hickson
Detroit Pistons - Ben Wallace
Indiana Pacers - R Hibbert
Milwaukee Bucks - Bogut

Southeast
Atlanta Hawks - Al Horford
Charlotte Bobcats - Kwame
Miami Heat - Big Z
Orlando Magic - Howard
Washington Wizards - j Macgee

Southwest
Dallas Mavericks - Chandler
Houston Rockets - Yao/Miller
Memphis Grizzlies - Gasol
New Orleans Hornets - Okafor - Maybe
San Antonio Spurs - Duncan
Northwest
Denver Nuggets - Nene - Maybe atleast he is healthy
Minnesota Timberwolves - Milcic
Oklahoma City Thunder - Kristic
Portland Trail Blazers - Camby
Utah Jazz - Al Jefferson
Pacific
Golden State Warriors - A beidres
Los Angeles Clippers - D Jordan
Los Angeles Lakers - Bynum
Phoenix Suns - Gortat/Lopez
Sacramento Kings - Cousins

I know he brings up a specif skillset that the lakers need. Clogging the lane. But i wouldnt be mad if the lakers trade him for any of the bold ones
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

I am not sure I agree with your assessment of Bynum, but regardless, the answer to your question is because Jim Buss said so....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I am not sure I agree with your assessment of Bynum, but regardless, the answer to your question is because Jim Buss said so....

THIS

And a healthy Bynum would be top 5 Center in the NBA.
The Lakers strength is our length. And it is proven.....2 titles in three years.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Upside: Young legit 7 footer with seemingly unlimited potential.

Downside: injury prone.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
olddangerfield
Banned

olddangerfield has decent reputation

Because you can't teach height, and when it comes to height, length and wingspan Bynum one of the biggest if not the biggest center in the league. Players like Bynum don't come around but every 5-6 draft years. When healthy there is virtually no player in the league that can contain Bynum on a physical and height matchup level. The only player I can think of that has the same physical build as Bynum is Shaq.
olddangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Because you can't teach height, and when it comes to height, length and wingspan Bynum one of the biggest if not the biggest center in the league. Players like Bynum don't come around but every 5-6 draft years. When healthy there is virtually no player in the league that can contain Bynum on a physical and height matchup level. The only player I can think of that has the same physical build as Bynum is Shaq.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
The Lakers strength is our length. And it is proven.....2 titles in three years.

NO THIS!!!! LOL

Old 02-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

LOL...I agree with this.

Sorry I forgot I made this thread

Crisnor, a HEALTHY bynum....thats important part. I know he is only 23 or something but he hasnt played a full season yet and he is in his 5-6 year

Next year is going to big for Lakers...:) Howard has early termination and Bynum has team option..HOLY MOLY.....
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
SoCalMike

I think if I was to re-word your point though, its that Bynum will never be a Shaq or Dwight Howard... but that should not diminish his value to the makeup of this current roster.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
I think if I was to re-word your point though, its that Bynum will never be a Shaq or Dwight Howard... but that should not diminish his value to the makeup of this current roster.

I am not a homer to compare him to Shaq or Dwight...I am saying is he at the most is in the TOP 10 center's in this league...

He cant stay healthy for 1 season....he fills our need but if we can get somebody good like Melo we should trade him

I would prefer to give him for R Hibbert plus ranger....but its never going to happen
Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I wouldnt mind having perkins in the team.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A healthy Bynum or an unhealthy Bynum is a luxury I would say at this point. What we really need is a Luc Longley type of center on this team to play alongside Pau.

I like Bynum a lot, and he's played in more games than the likes of Yao or Oden, I appreciate that Bynum can play a little more than them. If we get a good offer for Bynum though, I would seriously consider it. I do not consider him untouchable anymore. That is not to say I think lowly of Drew, but rather that this team can still improve I think.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
A healthy Bynum or an unhealthy Bynum is a luxury I would say at this point. What we really need is a Luc Longley type of center on this team to play alongside Pau.

I like Bynum a lot, and he's played in more games than the likes of Yao or Oden, I appreciate that Bynum can play a little more than them. If we get a good offer for Bynum though, I would seriously consider it. I do not consider him untouchable anymore. That is not to say I think lowly of Drew, but rather that this team can still improve I think.

Luc Longley? Did he play with Smush or something????

Old 02-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Luc Longley? Did he play with Smush or something????

luc taught smush everything he knew
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #15
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

You know what Bynum REALLY IS??????

A time bomb......
He's either going to blow up and become the Shaq type dominant force.....
Or blow up in a Yao type way and miss multiple seasons...retire early.....

On second thought he could continue to limp along with no stamina and no lift and make little to no impact in games against useless teams like the Cavs

(THIS BELOW IS JUST TRADE FODDER.......NOT EVEN AN ACTUAL RUMOR)

How would you guys feel about a deal sending Bynum to Memphis for Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo??? Marc is about to get paid big time and OJ is going to get shipped.......what if Marc were to tell Memphis he would not re-sign.......this would force their hand wouldn't it?
IMO this would make us a better team.....all opinions are welcome
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: