Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #16
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,063
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
You know what Bynum REALLY IS??????

A time bomb......
He's either going to blow up and become the Shaq type dominant force.....
Or blow up in a Yao type way and miss multiple seasons...retire early.....

On second thought he could continue to limp along with no stamina and no lift and make little to no impact in games against useless teams like the Cavs


(THIS BELOW IS JUST TRADE FODDER.......NOT EVEN AN ACTUAL RUMOR)

How would you guys feel about a deal sending Bynum to Memphis for Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo??? Marc is about to get paid big time and OJ is going to get shipped.......what if Marc were to tell Memphis he would not re-sign.......this would force their hand wouldn't it?
IMO this would make us a better team.....all opinions are welcome

now that Melo is traded I would keep him this year and get whatever in return.

Next year around the same time Howard would be available. the lakers can trade bynum/caracter/ebanks and sal$$$ to get howard

Magic can get bynum as a rental...see how he fits if healthy....if he doest...the decline team option and get 14/15mil in savings

If we can i right now i would get R Hibbert/granger for bynum/artest/caracter/ebanks...and 2 2nd rounder from next year
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
now that Melo is traded I would keep him this year and get whatever in return.

Next year around the same time Howard would be available. the lakers can trade bynum/caracter/ebanks and sal$$$ to get howard

Magic can get bynum as a rental...see how he fits if healthy....if he doest...the decline team option and get 14/15mil in savings

If we can i right now i would get R Hibbert/granger for bynum/artest/caracter/ebanks...and 2 2nd rounder from next year

I don't see us in the running for a deal to get Howard.....I don't think Howard would have the impact you and others think.....his offense is limited and on this team he'd be the 4th option at best........don't see the Magic dealin with us anyways.

I would absolutely love to get Hibbert & Granger........I wanted Granger over Bynum in the draft............I don't see any chance in hell of us doing that deal......Indiana wouldn't do it......and Ron back in Indiana........LMAO.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #18
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,063
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I don't see us in the running for a deal to get Howard.....I don't think Howard would have the impact you and others think.....his offense is limited and on this team he'd be the 4th option at best........don't see the Magic dealin with us anyways.

I would absolutely love to get Hibbert & Granger........I wanted Granger over Bynum in the draft............I don't see any chance in hell of us doing that deal......Indiana wouldn't do it......and Ron back in Indiana........LMAO.

i know it wont happen...its my dream...lol...

I heard somewhere they wanted to get rid of Rangers long term contract....so hell why not try
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #19
bladefd
Good college starter
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,351
bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

(THIS BELOW IS JUST TRADE FODDER.......NOT EVEN AN ACTUAL RUMOR)

How would you guys feel about a deal sending Bynum to Memphis for Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo??? Marc is about to get paid big time and OJ is going to get shipped.......what if Marc were to tell Memphis he would not re-sign.......this would force their hand wouldn't it?
IMO this would make us a better team.....all opinions are welcome

Definitely something worth considering. I don't know if Memphis would want to go that path though. I think they will offer Marc Gasol what he wants (perhaps what the market gives to other similarly skilled players like Paul Millsap maybe). I honestly don't know if I would want to do that deal.. hmm, it is too tough and a very tight call I would need to think long and hard about it..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #20
JDRCRASHER
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
JDRCRASHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Gabriel Valley
Posts: 27
JDRCRASHER has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

LOL, I think the Grizzlies are done dealing with the Lakers.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but i'm sick of waiting on Andrew Bynum to become the Laker's next superstar.

Let's be honest: The reality is he will NEVER become the next Dwight Howard (who we should go after next year) or Shaq. Not only does Bynum's absence in the lineup affect the Laker's play, but when he does come back, it takes time for them to glue together again, as we are seeing right now. Not to mention he has to play a limited amount of minutes for who knows how long. The entire team essentially has to wait half the season for Bynum to stay healthy. Therefore, he is an utter waste of money and cap space, and there are signs that show he's on the verge of getting injured yet again. In my opinion, we need to trade him before it's too late.

Last edited by JDRCRASHER : 02-22-2011 at 01:46 AM.
JDRCRASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #21
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 12,566
oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

The problem is...people have been throwing around the term "when Bynum is healthy....." - for the last several years now.


So, when is this kid going to be healthy?



Dude missed a sizeable chunk this season, played a chunk of games since returning, and has had various issues with his knees since. General soreness, or whatever, but still...



Having to hold your breath, and being nervous about him going down with another injury is too much. Andrew doesnt just miss "a few games"...dude goes down for LARGE MARGINS of the season.




Why keep that? Like I said, if LA FAILS to win it again this year....dude is as good as GONE.
oh the horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,916
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

It's a tough situation because while I think he has potential still, I'm kind of sick of waiting for it. It's been plenty long enough. Most players who turn into superstars are playing at a much higher level in their 3rd season than he is. With that said, I think we sometimes don't appreciate him as much as we could because with the team he is on his numbers aren't going to be quite as high as they would if he were on many other teams in the league. Obviously, 11pts & 7rbds per game are pretty ordinary averages. I think on another team he might be closer to 18 & 9 which would look better. It still wouldn't make him an elite player though. The thing with Bynum right now is his stock is still high. I kind of like the idea of selling while it's high. The problem is it would have to be for a very good player and I just don't see those available. This makes 2012 a very interesting year. The Lakers could let Bynum walk and go after a legit superstar player. I think CP3 or Williams will now end up in NY, but the Lakers have really needed a PG for a long time now. They could possibly go after one of those guys. The other idea would be Dwight Howard (which was mentioned). Whoever said Howard isn't that good is out of their mind too. He's far better offensively than Bynum and on the defensive side of things I don't think it's even a debate. You can't justify giving Bynum a 12-15 million dollar deal over a guy like Williams, CP3, or Howard, especially when you consider that Bynum will never likely play a full 82 game season + the playoffs. I'm cool with giving a player like him the contract he got based on potential once. He really needs to step up his level of play over the rest of this season and all of next season.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
It's a tough situation because while I think he has potential still, I'm kind of sick of waiting for it. It's been plenty long enough. Most players who turn into superstars are playing at a much higher level in their 3rd season than he is. With that said, I think we sometimes don't appreciate him as much as we could because with the team he is on his numbers aren't going to be quite as high as they would if he were on many other teams in the league. Obviously, 11pts & 7rbds per game are pretty ordinary averages. I think on another team he might be closer to 18 & 9 which would look better. It still wouldn't make him an elite player though. The thing with Bynum right now is his stock is still high. I kind of like the idea of selling while it's high. The problem is it would have to be for a very good player and I just don't see those available. This makes 2012 a very interesting year. The Lakers could let Bynum walk and go after a legit superstar player. I think CP3 or Williams will now end up in NY, but the Lakers have really needed a PG for a long time now. They could possibly go after one of those guys. The other idea would be Dwight Howard (which was mentioned). Whoever said Howard isn't that good is out of their mind too. He's far better offensively than Bynum and on the defensive side of things I don't think it's even a debate. You can't justify giving Bynum a 12-15 million dollar deal over a guy like Williams, CP3, or Howard, especially when you consider that Bynum will never likely play a full 82 game season + the playoffs. I'm cool with giving a player like him the contract he got based on potential once. He really needs to step up his level of play over the rest of this season and all of next season.

Guys.......we absolutely CANNOT just let Bynum walk......WHY.....because even if he does we will be way over whatever cap will exist and will NOT be able to sign a top level free agent.....period!!!
The only thing we can do after this year is to trade him........at the point we do decide to trade him his value will obviously have gone down from where it is now.....teams will see this as us giving up on him and we know he is never going to "Arrive".
This whole Bynum thing has been enormously risky.......it could still pay off.....but I think far more likely to blow up in our faces.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,916
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Guys.......we absolutely CANNOT just let Bynum walk......WHY.....because even if he does we will be way over whatever cap will exist and will NOT be able to sign a top level free agent.....period!!!
The only thing we can do after this year is to trade him........at the point we do decide to trade him his value will obviously have gone down from where it is now.....teams will see this as us giving up on him and we know he is never going to "Arrive".
This whole Bynum thing has been enormously risky.......it could still pay off.....but I think far more likely to blow up in our faces.

I should have said sign and trade, sorry. I just really see the Lakers thinking hard about it next year. Of course, we're all speculating on what we think will happen with the CBA too, those owners of teams like the Hornets, Jazz, and Magic want more rules put into place to keep their stars.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,063
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Andrew Bynum feels effects of surgery

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...e=NBAHeadlines

trade while u can...I am still saying it
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #26
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Andrew Bynum feels effects of surgery

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...e=NBAHeadlines

trade while u can...I am still saying it



This guy is the slowest healer in the history......kills me that we got OLD Ratliff as his backup
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #27
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,362
SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?








SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar
 
ihatetimthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 13,358
ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

I dont agree with OP's entire list, but I don't think he is untouchable, but for this current team with the personnel makeup, he is very important. The size he brings is undeniable and the impact he makes goes beyond the stat sheet.

He may not be the player for the Lakers of the future, but as long as the team makeup is as is, he is def. a vital piece
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #29
Kobe8
Banned
 
Kobe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,076
Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker


This guy is the slowest healer in the history......kills me that we got OLD Ratliff as his backup

Fo real.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #30
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why Bynum is considered untouchable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I dont agree with OP's entire list, but I don't think he is untouchable, but for this current team with the personnel makeup, he is very important. The size he brings is undeniable and the impact he makes goes beyond the stat sheet.

He may not be the player for the Lakers of the future, but as long as the team makeup is as is, he is def. a vital piece


It's not any of us who feel Bynum is untouchable.......it's Jim Buss who has made it this way......and I don't see it changing.

Luke Walton is untouchable as long as Phil is our coach.....Phil calls Luke his son, no wonder Luke got that absurd never ending contract for that kind of insane money
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy