Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation
Default Other trades that don't include Anthony

So we know of the GS,Blazers and now we have a knicks trade

Quote:
Even if the New Jersey Nets do not acquire Carmelo Anthony, they still might pull off a trade with the Denver Nuggets, one that would likely be a sore spot for their cross-river rivals in New York, according to high-ranking league officials.

If the New York Knicks send Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov to Denver for Anthony, the Nets are in discussions to then acquire either Gallinari, Felton or Chandler plus Mozgov for two first-round draft picks.

If you want the source its in the main forum. I wouldnt mind Gallinari, and Mozgov as long as we do not give up our own picks. Maybe GS and Houston picks for these two players. This gives us a servicable back up for Lopez and and Gallinari can become our SF with James off the bench or Outlaw.

But if we can trade Outlaw in the blazers deal we could have a nice group

Miller/Farmer
Morrow/Rudy/ Sasha
Gallinari/ James
Favors/Humphries
Lopez/Mozgov

We are extremely young but with a lot of potential and with a little bit of experience with farmer and Sasha. I mean were are not going to win a championship right now but we have cap room and still assets. Plus the team is better then they are now.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Other trades that don't include Anthony

Dang thats better than what we have now. Except Miller, if some how we could get Felton and Gallo instead of Mozgov since were giving up 2 1st rounders. I dont like the GS Trade. Even if we don't get Melo were giving up 3 picks?
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP

I agree with the Murphy trade, I dont like it at all. We should be able to get something better then giving away a second round pick for trading murphy's expiring contract. Most of the time when you get rid of a pick and expirer its for something positive not negative.

The one thing with Miller is hes a pass first guard which is awesome for our young because he will be looking for them and can help them improve. As well I think Favors will get more touches with Miller because Miller throws the best Alley pass. I love kidd, CP3 and Williams, and I think Nash has amazing passing ability but Millers lob pass is the best and he uses it. This will get Favors more touches and his confidence up. Too many times I see him in the paint without a defender and no lob pass thrown and I get angry because its an easy 2 points. Plus obviously miller isnt for the future which means we look for the draft (Irving) or free agents (CP3, Williams) I think this is a much better way to go

But at the same time for Gallo and Mozgov I do not want to give up the Nets own picks because I still think were a year or two away from playoffs, which means those two picks are worth a lot and those two picks are not the high even though Gallo was 6th overall ,correct me if Im wrong I did not look. Hes solid but not star.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
I agree with the Murphy trade, I dont like it at all. We should be able to get something better then giving away a second round pick for trading murphy's expiring contract. Most of the time when you get rid of a pick and expirer its for something positive not negative.

The one thing with Miller is hes a pass first guard which is awesome for our young because he will be looking for them and can help them improve. As well I think Favors will get more touches with Miller because Miller throws the best Alley pass. I love kidd, CP3 and Williams, and I think Nash has amazing passing ability but Millers lob pass is the best and he uses it. This will get Favors more touches and his confidence up. Too many times I see him in the paint without a defender and no lob pass thrown and I get angry because its an easy 2 points. Plus obviously miller isnt for the future which means we look for the draft (Irving) or free agents (CP3, Williams) I think this is a much better way to go

But at the same time for Gallo and Mozgov I do not want to give up the Nets own picks because I still think were a year or two away from playoffs, which means those two picks are worth a lot and those two picks are not the high even though Gallo was 6th overall ,correct me if Im wrong I did not look. Hes solid but not star.
If thats the case then im all for it, did not realize that.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Its the only reason I see Miller better then harris at this point. Harris scores in every way better, but Miller is that old school pass first score second. And in my opinion that can help young develop if they consistently have someone passing to them to shoot or dunk. I hate how old Miller is but he is an expiring contract. The only issue I have is if we can not draft Irving and miller does not resign we are left with Farmer starting, and that does not set right with me. He is perfect off the bench but not someone a team can rely on to start at the pg position which is why he could never over take a old fisher. But even still trading harris gainign cap space and having a chance to draft a pg, or wait until the other two are free agents, I am willing to take because I know they can take our team to the next level unlike Melo. Melo is a great scorer but what else can he do? Defend? no, Pass? no. But CP3 and Williams defend and pass and score on top of that even though they score a couple points less then melo they create shots for a lot of other players. That is what we need in a point guard, someone that is going to create open shots for others and actually make that pass. We might create open shots now but we do not have someone that will pass to that open shot.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
Its the only reason I see Miller better then harris at this point. Harris scores in every way better, but Miller is that old school pass first score second. And in my opinion that can help young develop if they consistently have someone passing to them to shoot or dunk. I hate how old Miller is but he is an expiring contract. The only issue I have is if we can not draft Irving and miller does not resign we are left with Farmer starting, and that does not set right with me. He is perfect off the bench but not someone a team can rely on to start at the pg position which is why he could never over take a old fisher. But even still trading harris gaining cap space and having a chance to draft a pg, or wait until the other two are free agents, I am willing to take because I know they can take our team to the next level unlike Melo. Melo is a great scorer but what else can he do? Defend? no, Pass? no. But CP3 and Williams defend and pass and score on top of that even though they score a couple points less then melo they create shots for a lot of other players. That is what we need in a point guard, someone that is going to create open shots for others and actually make that pass. We might create open shots now but we do not have someone that will pass to that open shot.
Agreed. Nice post. Also Fernandez is a nice piece if he is included.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

i think the knicks scenario is a genius move on our part. firstly, the nuggets were making the knicks sweat by adding mozgov and now we're doing the same thing by threatening them that nuggets will trade two of their players to us. and assuming we're only giving up the lal and hou picks (late picks) thats a bargain.

and this will make the knicks more reluctant to make the deal happen. i still want melo but i honestly wouldn't mind gallinari/keeping favors + our lottery pick.

as for the other proposed deals, i cringe looking at them. they are lateral moves at best. even getting rid of outlaw doesnt sell me on the portland deal and the gs deal seems like its just doing murphy a favor.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
whaley82
High School JV MVP

Quote:
The Portland deal contained Harris and Troy Murphy with nearly $21 million in salary going to the Blazers for veteran point guard Andre Miller, 35 next month, and Joel Przybilla. Those two combined are under $15 million in salary. So either a third team or another player would be needed. The Record of North Jersey first reported Greg Oden ($6.7 million) would be included. A Blazers source said the organization seemed split about including Oden, down for the third time with a season-ending injury.
The Nets could try a simpler deal: Harris ($8.9 million) for Miller ($7.2 million), if the Blazers would add another low salary player but it would not be Rudy Fernandez because Portland wants to add shooters, not trade them

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/...#ixzz1EnE8brA0

So it looks like no Rudy but maybe Oden....I dunno about you guys but I would love to give Oden a chance. He may have had some extremely bad luck so far but that could change with us and that would give us an incredible rotation and then we would have an amazing duo or trade asset if both become great and we cant use both we could trade one later in the future.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: