*@theNYKnicks' Carmelo Anthony (34.3ppg, 8.3rpg) & @memgrizz's Zach Randolph (26ppg, 10.3rpg, 5apg) named NBA Players of the Week.
1 hour ago via HootSuite Favorite Retweet Reply
The NBA named Carmelo Anthony the Eastern Conference Player of the Week. Anthony averaged a league-best 34.3 points per game and also had 8.3 rebounds and 3.3 assists in what was a 3-0 week (Monday to Sunday) for the Knicks.
The league based the award strictly on basketball, but, really, Carmelo's had a hell of a week overall:
* - Monday: had 39 points against Orlando to lead the Knicks to a win that snapped a six-game losing streak
* - Tuesday: unvieled a 124-foot billboard with his likeness at 33rd Street and Ninth Avenue, as part of a new deal he signed with Boost Mobile
* - Wednesday: again scored 39 points, this time in a win over the Nets.
* - Thursday: filmed a scene with teammate Amar'e Stoudemire (and Grover) for Sesame Street.
* - Friday: had a light practice, which, of course, are the best kind of practices
* - Saturday: made two appearances on Saturday Night Live, including one in drag as female shot putter "Carmela St. Knix."
* - Sunday: scored 25 points against the Cavaliers in Knicks' third straight win, which clinched a playoff berth.
Anthony is the second Knick to earn Player of the Week honors this season, joining Stoudemire, who twice won it earlier in the season.
Prior to this season, only three other times have the Knicks had two different players earn Player of the Week honors in the same season. The most recent was in 2008-09, with Al Harrington (12/14/08) and David Lee (2/1/09) and before then in 2003-04 with Dikembe Mutombo (11/30/03) and Stephon Marbury (1/18/04). The first time was in 1991-92, with Patrick Ewing (1/6/92) and Mark Jackson (3/30/92).
But with Knicks he is shooting 44%,which is excellent
if he can continue this trend up into the playoffs, it will create a bigger dynamic for the team offense and wreak havoc for the opposing teams defense. teams will collapse on him the second he gets the bball at any position of the court if hes on fire which will open up the middle for amare to work and billups to hit his 3 and make it much easier for douglas to do his own thing.
Melo has been taking over the scoring load for the last couple games and amare can finally take a break from shouldering the majority of the scoring load for the season.
Amare seems happy to be the #2 option and occasionally turn it up when the team needs it. and this team runs better offense when melo is the #1 option.