Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 AM   #151
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Melo scores alot easier, and when he is on fire.....

Can't miss from anywhere.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #152
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He is the most versatile scorer in the league and has been for years.His post game is as good as any PF in the league.He can break you down off the dribble better than 90% of the SF's in the NBA.His mid range game is automatic and his long distance shooting is really good for a guy who shoots contested shots and works so hard on the offensive end.Sure he's not up there percentage wise with guys like Bonner and Miller but it's much easier to hit threes when all you do is spot up,catch and shoot.When you're putting moves on ppl and working to get open and the focal point of an offense,it tires you.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #153
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Postgame when asked about playing Miami and that the fans would love to see it.

Melo: I'm sure the fans want to see it, It doesn't matter to me. It's deeper than rap. I'm done trying to win in the playoffs by myself.

I also found it a little humorous when the reporters asked him about his assists, and he stated that he can't control missed layups.

I must say he is coming into his own

Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #154
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

one thing i loved when watching allan houston play was him shooting that sweet stroking jumper and how he would swish it in.
and now we have carmelo on the team who is the best jump shooter in the league and the guy just absolutely shoots lights out with a hand in his face 80% of the time and it looks effortless to him, which amazes me.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #155
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Postgame when asked about playing Miami and that the fans would love to see it.

Melo: I'm sure the fans want to see it, It doesn't matter to me. It's deeper than rap. I'm done trying to win in the playoffs by myself.

I also found it a little humorous when the reporters asked him about his assists, and he stated that he can't control missed layups.

I must say he is coming into his own

He is right.

I remember a fast break opportunity last night.
Carmelo made a nice pass to Shelden who was under the basket but he couldn't catch it so he lost control of the ball and scored after 10 seconds
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #156
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo has done a great job passing on the fast break.

His assist numbers do not show his playmaking ability.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #157
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo has averaged 30/10/3 on 52% shooting (49% for three) during our 6 game winning streak
Old 04-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #158
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He is a 32% 3-pt shooter through his career.

That's average at best.

But with Knicks he is shooting 44%,which is excellent
Stats tell a part of the story. Melo never has open looks, often nails threes in key moments of the game etc. The "quality" of his three point shooting has always been higher than stats would say, imo.
Of course recently he's been stepping up big time and that's wow
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #159
Clutch
Stop flopping

Melo hits another game winner followed by a game winning block.

THIS GUY IS AMAZING

He has made the most game winners since he came into the league.

Also I should add 3 things

a)This is the worst win I have ever seen,we deserved to lose
b)We allowed only 13 points to the Pacers in the 4th quarter,that's excellent.
c)We are now on a 7 game winning streak and this win assured us a winning record.The worst we can finish now is 42-40.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #160
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Melo hits another game winner followed by a game winning block.

THIS GUY IS AMAZING

He has made the most game winners since he came into the league.

Also I should add 3 things

a)This is the worst win I have ever seen,we deserved to lose
b)We allowed only 13 points to the Pacers in the 4th quarter,that's excellent.
c)We are now on a 7 game winning streak and this win assured us a winning record.The worst we can finish now is 42-40.

I agree with everything except the bold.

Even when we play at our worst, we can still find a way to win.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #161
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
alanhahn: Carmelo earns his second NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week.

alanhahn Alan Hahn
Carmelo is the first Knick to win Player of the Month in consecutive weeks.

April 5 vs Toronto : 23 points,9 rebounds,1 assist
April 6 @ Philadelphia : 31 points,11 rebounds,2 assists
April 8 @ New Jersey : 25 points,14 rebounds,2 assists
April 10 @ Indiana : 34 points,4 rebounds,5 assists (including game winning shot and block)

AVERAGES:

Minutes: 33.0
Rebounds: 9.5
Assists: 2.5
Steals: 1.0
Blocks: 1.5
FG: 48.2% (41-85)
3-pt: 52.9% (18-34)

CONGRATULATIONS MELO

Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 AM   #162
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we have a warmup game against celtics, what do u guys think, should the knicks play hard in that one or rest everyone?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #163
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
we have a warmup game against celtics, what do u guys think, should the knicks play hard in that one or rest everyone?
There is no way any of my starters would be in that game.

Might not play my sixth man either.

I'm only suiting up six.

PG Carter
SG Mason
SF D Brown
PF Balkman
C Jeffries

That's my starting five with Walker and Landlord in rotation.

That's it. The game means nothing to either club.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #164
bluechox2
#knickstape

i wouldnt mind starting douglas and give him the green light to attempt atleast 20 3's
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #165
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i wouldnt mind starting douglas and give him the green light to attempt atleast 20 3's
If he played he might shoot 20 3's.

But nope, he wouldn't be in a uniform either, if it were me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: