Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #226
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Melo to Amare: "Yo man. I hope you don't mind I'm clearly the first option on this team.I promise you'll get at least 3 shots in the second half."
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #227
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I will respect that Melo doesnt really have an understanding of when its ok to shoot and when to pass. This dude needs to go to the rim more. TD/Shump as well.

People have killed Melo and Stat in games for not shooting enough and letting TD/Shump out shoot them. There is a fine line that fans will never be happy with especially if they are off.

What pisses me off though is Stat lets Melo and everyone else freeze him out in the 4th quarter and OT's. He needs stop being a PUSS-Y and demand the ball. His salary is more than Melo's grow a pair and demand the ball! IN THE POST!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:09 AM   #228
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Interesting article. Do you agree ?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/1/2...e-mike-dantoni

Here are some of the most interesting parts (still,I recommend you to read the whole article):

Quote:
After the trade last season, the Nuggets did much better with their old Knicks than New York had, and the Knicks did considerably worse with their new Nuggets than Denver had. The spread has gotten bigger this season as Denver made additional moves and New York essentially swapped Chauncey Billups for Tyson Chandler. We're seeing that D'Antoni coached the Knicks to be completely average with Stoudemire and the cast-offs, and completely average with Stoudemire and 'Melo. We're seeing that George Karl coached the Nuggets to be well above-average with 'Melo, Billups and the rest of the old Nuggets core, and well above-average with the Knicks' cast-offs and pieces of the old Nuggets core.

That doesn't tell us that 'Melo is a meglamaniac power-broker more concerned with status than victory. That tells us that George Karl is far superior to Mike D'Antoni as a coach, and that Denver's front office -- first Mark Warkentien, and now Masai Ujiri -- is far superior to New York's front office -- first Donnie Walsh, and now Glen Grunwald and (oddly) Mark Warkentien.

Quote:
The failure to adapt and develop a workable solution is on D'Antoni.

Quote:
But let's not act as if 'Melo is at fault for the mess. He's virtually the same player he's always been. Why should anyone in New York be surprised that he's doing what he has always done (namely, take a copious amount of shots)? Is he also supposed to recruit a decent point guard for Amar'e and install an offensive system that plays to the players' strengths?

He can't do D'Antoni's nor Grunwald's jobs for them, and that's the crux of the issue for New York.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #229
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yes, I agree especially with the bolded part.

I blame D'Antoni for the failure of the new Knicks until now.
Melo has always been a ball stopper and a kind of anti-system player, but the way D'Antoni runs this team makes this problems heavier.
In my opinion his vision of basketball is flawed.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #230
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But let's not act as if 'Melo is at fault for the mess. He's virtually the same player he's always been. Why should anyone in New York be surprised that he's doing what he has always done (namely, take a copious amount of shots)? Is he also supposed to recruit a decent point guard for Amar'e and install an offensive system that plays to the players' strengths?

He can't do D'Antoni's nor Grunwald's jobs for them, and that's the crux of the issue for New York.

I agree 100%
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #231
Clutch
Stop flopping

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Carmelo said he and Amar'e talked about the offense and 'We're good.' #Knicks

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Credit Carmelo for sense of humor. When I noted wrist brace, he chided, "You've just been paying too much attention to my shot selection." He was smiling when he said it.

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Amare said he and Melo talked last night and today about 'how we can both dominate the game' #Knicks

Last edited by Clutch : 01-23-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #232
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Carmelo said he and Amar'e talked about the offense and 'We're good.' #Knicks

HowardBeckNYT Howard Beck
Credit Carmelo for sense of humor. When I noted wrist brace, he chided, "You've just been paying too much attention to my shot selection." He was smiling when he said it.

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
Amare said he and Melo talked last night and today about 'how we can both dominate the game' #Knicks

I know most might be skeptical but it's rare that BOTH sides will go to great lengths to lie. I think this really happened and it's encouraging. They're good friends and have had stretches where they've played well. Provided they can figure things out, I wouldn't mind seeing them play together for a while as Knicks!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:52 PM   #233
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I know most might be skeptical but it's rare that BOTH sides will go to great lengths to lie. I think this really happened and it's encouraging. They're good friends and have had stretches where they've played well. Provided they can figure things out, I wouldn't mind seeing them play together for a while as Knicks!
They are good friends during practices when everyone has his own ball.
Once the game starts and there's only one ball Melo has no friends.He would rather throw it out of bounds then pass it to someone.

Relax everyone,I'm just kidding
Old 02-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #234
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is on Mikes On right now.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #235
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Melo + Iverson didn't work, I don't know if Melo + Amare will work either. I just don't think Amare is motivated. Melo is obviously out go to guy in the clutch, I prefer him he's been injured, but when he's hot he's hot.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #236
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

melo will be fine
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #237
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Nobody was complaining about Melo taking too many shots until he came here. More specifically, until we started losing.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #238
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Did you change your avatar?
This the first time I don't see ya with the usual one...
What the hell happened?!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #239
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
^ Did you change your avatar?
This the first time I don't see ya with the usual one...
What the hell happened?!
Yea. With all the hoopla surrounding the Knicks, I thought I'd pay homage to a Knick who got shipped outta here far too soon. He also happened to be my all time favorite player. I met him once when I was little and eyes were wide open. Everyone also says I look like him.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #240
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea. With all the hoopla surrounding the Knicks, I thought I'd pay homage to a Knick who got shipped outta here far too soon. He also happened to be my all time favorite player. I met him once when I was little and eyes were wide open. Everyone also says I look like him.

So you also look like Dwight Howard because at first I didn't realise it was Rod Strickland, I thought it was a 'shop with Dwight on the Knicks
It does look like him, doesn't it?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: