Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #286
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

I don't get why Melo gets the blame for MDA "resigning". He never said 1 bad thing about him when he played for him.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #287
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This game tonight against the Bulls proves why Melo at the 4 should not be a long term solution. We are getting killed on the boards with this small lineup.

We need to start Jeffries at the PF until Amar'e comes back. Fields needs his minutes cut to about 10 per game or so. He is D-League trash masquerading as a NBA player at this point.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #288
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I wonder if Jeffries is wearing down a bit. He seems less active nowadays. Taking all those charges can't be pleasant towards the end of the season.

JR and Landry need to stop shooting jumpers. Novak needs to start making some again.

Ultimately this team just needs to get healthy.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #289
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This game tonight against the Bulls proves why Melo at the 4 should not be a long term solution. We are getting killed on the boards with this small lineup.

We need to start Jeffries at the PF until Amar'e comes back. Fields needs his minutes cut to about 10 per game or so. He is D-League trash masquerading as a NBA player at this point.

Jeffries is my guy, but even I have been saying he shouldn't lay more than 10 minutes a game.

Just because he's tall doesn't mean he would be helping on the boards, that's not his game.

The Bulls attack the glass against everyone, no matter what the lineup is.

The key to beating them is to hit your damn shots.

As far the Fields comment, he was one of the reasons why the team was doing so well in the first quarter.

We wasted a good effort from JR, that was my biggest disappointment.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #290
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All this game proved is what I've been preaching all year. We don't have depth. It got a little better with Lin emerging and us getting JR but we still have a poor bench. Melo looked like he was out there with guys from accounting. The thing that pisses me off even more is, not only coould they not score, but when Melo was red hot, they stopped going to him.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #291
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Jeffries is my guy, but even I have been saying he shouldn't lay more than 10 minutes a game.

Just because he's tall doesn't mean he would be helping on the boards, that's not his game.

The Bulls attack the glass against everyone, no matter what the lineup is.

The key to beating them is to hit your damn shots.

As far the Fields comment, he was one of the reasons why the team was doing so well in the first quarter.

We wasted a good effort from JR, that was my biggest disappointment.

3 for 8 is not doing so well.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #292
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
All this game proved is what I've been preaching all year. We don't have depth. It got a little better with Lin emerging and us getting JR but we still have a poor bench. Melo looked like he was out there with guys from accounting. The thing that pisses me off even more is, not only coould they not score, but when Melo was red hot, they stopped going to him.
Obviously the depth is better when we aren't missing two starters though.

I was surprised at how much better the Bulls looked without D-Rose. I wonder how much of a factor he's going to be this year.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #293
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Obviously the depth is better when we aren't missing two starters though.

I was surprised at how much better the Bulls looked without D-Rose. I wonder how much of a factor he's going to be this year.

Yea but we have to address the bench still...especially since Woodson has a pretty big rotation. You cant send out rotations where nobody can create their own shot. Unfortunately, it's almost inevitable on this team.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #294
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
3 for 8 is not doing so well.
Impact on the game is more than shooting, which is why I said the team was doing so well.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #295
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Props to Melo treating Trayvon Martins family to a Knick game. Classy move. Our current guys have been very charitable. Proud to be a Knick fan. Much respect!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #296
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

35/12/10/2 on 13-24 shooting tonight. And a win against the Celtics.

The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #297
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ownage
35/12/10/2 on 13-24 shooting tonight. And a win against the Celtics.

He's averaging 30.4 points,7.8 rebounds,3.4 assists,1.6 steals on 50% shooting (38% for three) in 12 games since Amare and Lin went down.
Knicks are 8-4 during that stretch,including wins against Chicago,Boston,Orlando (twice) and Milwaukee (twice).
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #298
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Maximum Respect
Cheat code: L1, R1, Triangle, Down, R2, X, L1, Up, L2, L2, L1, L1

Beast Mode Activated!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #299
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Maximum Respect
Cheat code: L1, R1, Triangle, Down, R2, X, L1, Up, L2, L2, L1, L1

Beast Mode Activated!!
Funny cuz me n my boy was sayin the knicks were using game genie last night to hit all those threes. Remember that from Sega? Lol
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #300
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We should have put Melo on Pierce last night. Bass got him in foul trouble n he defended Paul better than anyone else last night.

Beyond the obvious triple double, Melo showed great leadership down the stretch. Clapping it up for his teammates, sticking up for his guys when the got fouled excessively, but also telling Novak not to taunt when he hit the three down the stretch. Much props for that. When I played ball I grew up with the quote "act like youve been there" Veteran teams feed off of taunting n mental weakness. I like our business approach down the stretch. This team is finally maturing slowly but surely.

I thought he was gonna get into a fight last night. Stiemsma was playing super dirty. My dad DVRd the game and confirmed over the phone wat Id been saying all game. Stiemsma was trying to foul someone on every play. The refs did a poor job of controlling the game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: