Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #301
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Melo is playing at a superstar level these days. If he continues to play both sides of the ball this NY trade can work out well for him.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #302
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We should have put Melo on Pierce last night. Bass got him in foul trouble n he defended Paul better than anyone else last night.

Beyond the obvious triple double, Melo showed great leadership down the stretch. Clapping it up for his teammates, sticking up for his guys when the got fouled excessively, but also telling Novak not to taunt when he hit the three down the stretch. Much props for that. When I played ball I grew up with the quote "act like youve been there" Veteran teams feed off of taunting n mental weakness. I like our business approach down the stretch. This team is finally maturing slowly but surely.

I thought he was gonna get into a fight last night. Stiemsma was playing super dirty. My dad DVRd the game and confirmed over the phone wat Id been saying all game. Stiemsma was trying to foul someone on every play. The refs did a poor job of controlling the game.

The refs did a great job, and achieved exactly what they wanted. They got Boston back in the game, and made it competitive. If they reffed it fair, the Knicks would have won by 40.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #303
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Melo is playing at a superstar level these days. If he continues to play both sides of the ball this NY trade can work out well for him.

Well, it's nice to see that you are at least giving him some credit now.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #304
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Playoffs approaching, Melo in beast mode.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #305
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Thumbs up Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

Well, it's nice to see that you are at least giving him some credit now.
Small sample size of him playing both sides of the ball but a handful of games means crap when he's been here for a year

I will give him credit though because he strung along some nice games as an individual.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #306
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Small sample size of him playing both sides of the ball but a handful of games means crap when he's been here for a year

I will give him credit though because he strung along some nice games as an individual.

As someone who's had the pleasure of debating you for years on this illustrious site, I will vouch for you. You, like me, are very critical of people but when guys play well consistently, you give credit where credit is due. You aren't like some ppl who advocate trading everyone, then they start playing well, then you don't hear from that person anymore. Rameek call it how he sees it. I don't always agree with how he sees it lol ...but he doesn't flip flop.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #307
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Thnx Franchise...

The guy deserves his props for playing EXTREMELY well the past week or so. This is how a superstar plays. I hope he can continue this level of play because this is what a top 5 player in the league looks like.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #308
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Despite Mike Breen's hate, I think he was playing defense long before his shot started falling. I think the saddest part about all of this is that people think he could have done this to begin with. NO! D'Antoni's offense would not allow for this to take place. We play best when Melo's posting up just below the elbow. He gets the ball, the defense overreacts because he's lit his man up in the 1st quarter, then he kicks it to the open man. Eventually, the D adjusts, then we counter that by swinging it around the horn. End of the day, even the best defense in the world can only do but so much. There have been sophisticated defenses devised over the years, but ultimately, smart offense makes the game easier. Why? because no matter what, the ball is always faster than the man. You can be an excellent rotating defense, but if I'm swinging the ball inside and out, you can't keep up. You can't do that in Antoni's offense because EVERYONE is on the perimeter. So essentially, as long as you close out properly, you have nothing to worry about. Then, when you have a team that really doesn't have too many ppl who can make plays off the dribble, your job is pretty much done.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #309
Sarcastic

I posted this on the general forum, and I'll post here too.

http://www.kirkgoldsberry.com/courtvision.htm

Shows where Melo likes the ball. You can really see how much of a mid range shooter he is, and he adores the right side.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #310
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

Shows where Melo likes the ball. You can really see how much of a mid range shooter he is, and he adores the right side.

Nice post man!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #311
Sarcastic

Melo's 21 point 1Q vs Nyets

The only time the ball touched the rim was on the layups.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #312
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Nice post man!

There's a lot of good data on there for the rest of the NBA too. You can see that Melo hates the top of the key, while Durant lives there. Lebron and Wade both love the left side, and Bosh prefers the right. Probably why they struggle together.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #313
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:

I think Stat likes the ball in same place.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #314
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Anthony: The Biggest (Playoff) Loser

Damn, I almost feel bad for making fun of him.

But, on the bright side, I'd say the problems are very fixable.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #315
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

He's also been to the playoffs every year he's been in the league Something we as Knick fans have taken for granted. I remember, not to long ago, where me and Knickscity participated in discussions of whether we had ANY shot at sniffing .500
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: