Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #316
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Anthony: The Biggest (Playoff) Loser

Damn, I almost feel bad for making fun of him.

But, on the bright side, I'd say the problems are very fixable.

What's the collective winning percentage of the teams he has played in the playoffs, and what has been his team's winning percentage? He's played almost entirely as a 6 seed or worse. This year was the first year that he had a chance of being on a top 3 team, but unfortunately the Knicks didn't fire D'Antoni until it was too late to make a real run at anything. They had to play incredible basketball just to make it into the playoffs, rather than jockeying for seeding.

Next year, this team will come back stronger and be a top 2 or 3 seed, and make a deep run in the playoffs. Right now is just not our time.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #317
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
What's the collective winning percentage of the teams he has played in the playoffs, and what has been his team's winning percentage? He's played almost entirely as a 6 seed or worse. This year was the first year that he had a chance of being on a top 3 team, but unfortunately the Knicks didn't fire D'Antoni until it was too late to make a real run at anything. They had to play incredible basketball just to make it into the playoffs, rather than jockeying for seeding.

Next year, this team will come back stronger and be a top 2 or 3 seed, and make a deep run in the playoffs. Right now is just not our time.
I don't know, I'm not that interested in making excuses for him. I do know that he lost to the Clippers one year as the 3 seed.

The Clippers.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #318
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't know, I'm not that interested in making excuses for him. I do know that he lost to the Clippers one year as the 3 seed.

The Clippers.

1. That Clippers team was actually really good. They tanked their way to the 6 seed to avoid the Mavs who were a 60 win in the 4/5 matchup. They won 47 games, and probably could have won 50 if they didn't tank.

2. The Nuggets had no business being the 3 seed. They had like 44 wins, and the NBA changed the rules so that division winners are no longer guaranteed a top 3 seed (ala Boston this year).

C. The Clippers and Utah are the only teams he lost too that he had a reasonable chance to win. All the rest were 1/8 and 2/7 matchups against teams that were either heavy title favorites, or actually title winners.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #319
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I remember that Clippers team. They almost beat the Suns too.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #320
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The best player Melo's played with in Denver was probably Chauncey Billups (AI was past his prime). Enough said!

Funny how people credit George Karl for being a great coach, but Melo for being overrated. How many times has George Karl been out of the 1st round in the last decade?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #321
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Hard to do when you're coaching Melo.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #322
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Hard to do when you're coaching Melo.
You can spin it other way around.
Hard to do that when you're coached by George Karl.

Let's face it,both George Karl and Melo lost in the 1st round last year and they will probably lose this year too.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #323
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I agree. I don't George Karl is particularly good.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #324
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
You can spin it other way around.
Hard to do that when you're coached by George Karl.

Let's face it,both George Karl and Melo lost in the 1st round last year and they will probably lose this year too.

All the talk about how great they are without Melo, yet they lost in the 1st round just like us.Only won a game. Lakers smacked them in game 1 this year too.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #325
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

By punching a fire extinguisher case after the Heat's Game 2 victory over the Knicks on Monday, New York star Amare Stoudemire let his emotions get the best of him. He alienated his loyal fan base. He created yet another dramatic twist to the Knicks' rollercoaster season. Most importantly, he might have removed himself from the series.

But contrary to popular belief, Stoudemire's actions also didn't do any favors for the Heat, not that they needed any (Miami leads the first-round series 2-0).

In fact, there's overwhelming evidence that the Knicks received a blessing in disguise. Why? Because the Knicks have been considerably worse with Stoudemire on the floor this season. Having him sidelined might be the best thing for them.

After finding out about Stoudemire's punching incident, Heat players expressed that they never wish injury upon a player, which is the professional and sensitive thing to say. But Dwyane Wade took that sentiment a step further.

"We love when Amare is out there," Wade said following the incident. "He brings out the best in our guys. Hopefully he gets better. We want all their guns on the court."

Though Wade meant that Stoudemire's star power serves as a motivational tool for the Heat, it's also true the Stoudemire tends to bring the best out of every opponent. Between the personal tragedy of his brother passing away and the physical toll his body has taken this season, Stoudemire has been a shell of his former self. He posted his lowest player efficiency rating (PER) since his rookie season and rarely, if ever, discouraged opponents from scoring.

The result was a lot of losing. Here's the scoreboard with Stoudemire on the floor this season:

Knicks 3,052, Opponents 3,099 -- or losing on average by 1.3 points every 48 minutes.

With Stoudemire on the bench?

Knicks 3,406, Opponents 3,153 -- or winning on average by 7.4 points every 48 minutes.

That's nearly a 10-point swing on a full-game level. Yes, the Knicks transformed from a lottery team into an elite team when Stoudemire left the court.

Whether you watch the Knicks or examine the numbers, the evidence is clear: Playing Carmelo Anthony and Stoudemire together was a lost cause. Actually, the Knicks outscored opponents on average by 8.4 points per 48 minutes this season when Anthony played without Stoudemire.

So if the trend continues here in Game 3, don't expect the Knicks to lay down and let Miami walk all over them like they did in the first two games. In all seriousness, Stoudemire's injury finally gave the Knicks an excuse to bench their former star player, something that probably should've happened before the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...means-for-heat

Last edited by Clutch : 05-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #326
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think I'm in the minority of people who wasn't mad at Amare for what he did. Sure he let his emotions get the best of him and may have cost us what little chance he had in the series. However, I don't mind guys showing emotions. Act like you care. I'd rather see that than guys cheesing it up and nonchalant after every loss.

Furthermore, how many times are we going to make a graphic about what players we're better off without? End of the day, when you have to incorporate another piece in, it takes a while. A while that we didn't have because we didn't have an off season.

We won without Lin also. Is it his fault too? The people to blame aren't even on this team. #1 It's the talent we DON'T have that is causing us to lose. #2 It's that idiot D'Antoni for wasting half of our season.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #327
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think I'm in the minority of people who wasn't mad at Amare for what he did. Sure he let his emotions get the best of him and may have cost us what little chance he had in the series. However, I don't mind guys showing emotions. Act like you care. I'd rather see that than guys cheesing it up and nonchalant after every loss.

Furthermore, how many times are we going to make a graphic about what players we're better off without? End of the day, when you have to incorporate another piece in, it takes a while. A while that we didn't have because we didn't have an off season.

We won without Lin also. Is it his fault too? The people to blame aren't even on this team. #1 It's the talent we DON'T have that is causing us to lose. #2 It's that idiot D'Antoni for wasting half of our season.
I'm not mad at him at all.

Not only that he made me laugh but also we actually have a better chance of winning at least one game without him. With Melo at the 4 there's a chance he'll get hot and Novak/J.R. will get hot and we'll win.
Let's not forget,the closest we came to beating the Heat is when Amare was out and Melo played the 4.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #328
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'm not mad at him at all.

Not only that he made me laugh but also we actually have a better chance of winning at least one game without him. With Melo at the 4 there's a chance he'll get hot and Novak/J.R. will get hot and we'll win.
Let's not forget,the closest we came to beating the Heat is when Amare was out and Melo played the 4.

Playoffs are a different beast. I'm not ready to say we're better off without him...especially with Chandler playing how he is. Dude needs to be quarantined. He was coughing all in his jersey yesterday Take that shit elsewhere homie lol
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #329
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Playoffs are a different beast. I'm not ready to say we're better off without him...especially with Chandler playing how he is. Dude needs to be quarantined. He was coughing all in his jersey yesterday Take that shit elsewhere homie lol
Send him into Miami's locker room.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 AM   #330
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
All the talk about how great they are without Melo, yet they lost in the 1st round just like us.Only won a game. Lakers smacked them in game 1 this year too.

Wait, the talk was all about how good they are compared to how a team that loses a superstar usually is.
Of course you can't compare them with the team their superstar went to, straight up. That's unfair, lol.

You should compare them to the Cavs post-Lebron, to the Wolves post-Garnett etc.
They look very, very good (and promising) for being a team that has lost his superstar.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: