Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #376
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

what's wrong?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #377
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Franchize you not changing anyones mind & none is going to change your mind. You think melo is great and does his job. Others see he doesn't play at a high level every.night.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #378
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Carmelo's stats down the stretch (last 17 games):
29.13/7.3/3.38 on 48.7% and 37.3% (3 pointers).
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #379
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Franchize you not changing anyones mind & none is going to change your mind. You think melo is great and does his job. Others see he doesn't play at a high level every.night.
I didn't say he's great. I said he's one of the best players in th league. I also said he isn't our biggest problem. Not our second biggest and not our 3rd biggest either.

Quote:
what's wrong?
I despise Charlie Ward as much, if not more, than Charles Smith. Yea I said it!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #380
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

If anything Melo earned my respect with his play at the end of last season. People say he killed Linsanity but he played like an absolute monster that last month of the season. He was our best players last year hands down.

And who was the one guy who stood tall come play-off time? No 85% bs from him. He didn't punch any fire extinguishers.

The only players I'm not concerned with on our roster right now are him and Chandler.

I would throw Shumpert in their too except for his injury and not knowing how he will come back from it.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #381
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
If anything Melo earned my respect with his play at the end of last season. People say he killed Linsanity but he played like an absolute monster that last month of the season. He was our best players last year hands down.

And who was the one guy who stood tall come play-off time? No 85% bs from him. He didn't punch any fire extinguishers.

The only players I'm not concerned with on our roster right now are him and Chandler.

I would throw Shumpert in their too except for his injury and not knowing how he will come back from it.

This is where I stand too.People see this lazy guy who is selfish. I see a guy who, when the REAL competition presents itself, he steps up. It's nice to win some games vs sub .500 teams, but when we play the Heat, Bulls, Celtics etc...what side of you comes out? He plays his best games against playoff caliber teams. That's heart. The big games against the big names. The clutch shots and game winners. I don't get how you go so underappreciated when you've already single-handedly won us extremely important matchups.

Anyway, my job isn't to convince you guys. It's just that some of you rqant about how bad he is. So I'm going to rant about how he's good. End of the day, I'm tired of the Jared Jeffries of the world. I'm tired of losing stars and getting scrubs andbeing told it's better that way. I was a HUGE Rod Strickland fan. We got rid of him. I was a Bernard King fan when I was a toddler. We got rid of him. I liked Mark Jackson. We got rid of him. I was a big time Marbury fan. We got rid of him. Charlie Ward however....Knicks jersey for 9 str8 years. So yea, I'm standing up for the players I like. Will it solve anything? No...but that's what the message board is for. Because my wife could care less WTF I'm talking about when it comes to the Knicks lol So don't mind me. I'm just venting lol
Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #382
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I've seen where you call him elite superstar etc etc .... I don't want to be able to point to a. Game or a few games where he showed up. Its gotta be every night. That stuff can be ok with you but it isn't ok with me. I don't like Stat even more for the same reasons.

They haven't earned their money! They are just as big of the blame for the losing as the front office.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #383
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
This is where I stand too.People see this lazy guy who is selfish. I see a guy who, when the REAL competition presents itself, he steps up.
And yet he has the worst playoff winning percentage of any active player.

I don't know if I should use Biggums or Coleman here, so you're getting both.

Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #384
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I've seen where you call him elite superstar etc etc .... I don't want to be able to point to a. Game or a few games where he showed up. Its gotta be every night. That stuff can be ok with you but it isn't ok with me. I don't like Stat even more for the same reasons.

They haven't earned their money! They are just as big of the blame for the losing as the front office.

You got Lin as your avatar, and you are talking about earning money?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #385
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Carmelo's stats down the stretch (last 17 games):
29.13/7.3/3.38 on 48.7% and 37.3% (3 pointers).
Here's an intriguing issue with Carmelo. For most of these games he was playing PF and taking just about every available shot on the court. But that's not much rebounding out of a PF, not even as much as Amar'e. And I don't think you want him matched up against someone like Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Love.

And his stats for the rest of the year, before that stretch, were pretty damn forgettable, even with the offense built completely around him.

So is he no longer a small forward? Maybe that's why Woodson wants him to lose some weight. Does he give you enough of what you need at the four spot to start him there full time? Maybe move Amar'e for a stretch four like Ryan Anderson, who can spread the floor on offense and man the paint on defense?

I don't believe we can have Carmelo and Amar'e and Chandler all playing in the post. The passing and overall talent isn't there to to emulate a Bird-McHale-Parish type of thing.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #386
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Here's an intriguing issue with Carmelo. For most of these games he was playing PF and taking just about every available shot on the court. But that's not much rebounding out of a PF, not even as much as Amar'e. And I don't think you want him matched up against someone like Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Love.

And his stats for the rest of the year, before that stretch, were pretty damn forgettable, even with the offense built completely around him.

So is he no longer a small forward? Maybe that's why Woodson wants him to lose some weight. Does he give you enough of what you need at the four spot to start him there full time? Maybe move Amar'e for a stretch four like Ryan Anderson, who can spread the floor on offense and man the paint on defense?

I don't believe we can have Carmelo and Amar'e and Chandler all playing in the post. The passing and overall talent isn't there to to emulate a Bird-McHale-Parish type of thing.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #387
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Ryan Anderson's pretty good. You pair him with Chandler defensively and I don't see how the Knicks are much worse on that end of the court, while completely changing the dynamic on offense.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #388
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
And yet he has the worst playoff winning percentage of any active player.

I don't know if I should use Biggums or Coleman here, so you're getting both.

There are 5 players on a basketball court. The best player he played with was Iverson and Billups past his prime. He's also been to the WCF.

Anyway, I'll argue Melo stuff with Rameek. Not you lol You have one goal on here and that's to remind us how bad Carmelo Anthony is. We get it. You don't like him. Even if he plays terrific, you'll just disappear and pretend it didn't happen like you did last season lol So I see your Biggums/Coleman and I raise you

Quote:

Exactly. It's like if your not LeBron James then you're a failure. Walsh missed out on LeBron...not Melo. He's with the Heat. The guy had an off year but he still had one of the best months of any player in the league. He went toe to toe against the best player in the world and held his own. Funny part is, the players guys b*tched and moaned about losing played WAY worse in the playoffs. He's a top 3 SF in the league. Period. If he's not...show me a guy not named James or Durant that's better.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8184398
This is the stuff that irks my nerves. The "anonymous sources" that turn to reports that turn to facts based on nothing! How do you get all this info when Melo is with Team USA right now. Funny how these athletes are so well connected to all these rappers and celebrities but guys like Ian O'Connor are the only guys who get the inside scoop. It's really disgusting man. Athletes, especially black athletes, having their reputations ruined and careers destroyed because of irresponsible media. Thnk the media has has no effect....go look at Stephon Marbury and Allen Iverson.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #389
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I want every athlete to get their money but if your on my team I will have high expectations.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #390
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:

7 rebounds a game for a SF playing out of position at PF isn't good? So what does that say about Tyson Chandler who is a 7 footer and a Center and got 9 rpg?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: