Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #391
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter

Ryan Anderson's pretty good. You pair him with Chandler defensively and I don't see how the Knicks are much worse on that end of the court, while completely changing the dynamic on offense.
Of course they wouldn't be any worse on defense.
Anderson's defense >>>> Amare's defense

But also chair's defense >>> Amare's defense. Are we allowed to put a chair instead of Amare on defense. Is that against the rules ? Even with Amare we were a top5 defensive team under Woodson. With a chair instead of him I'm pretty sure we would be top3.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #392
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
There are 5 players on a basketball court. The best player he played with was Iverson and Billups past his prime. He's also been to the WCF.

Anyway, I'll argue Melo stuff with Rameek. Not you lol You have one goal on here and that's to remind us how bad Carmelo Anthony is. We get it. You don't like him. Even if he plays terrific, you'll just disappear and pretend it didn't happen like you did last season lol So I see your Biggums/Coleman and I raise you
You don't like arguing Melo stuff with me because I'm always right. I consider it a compliment, and I reciprocate with one of my own: It's amazing how effortlessly you can rationalize his shortcomings. In your oown way, you may be the most optimistic Knicks fan here. I'm genuinely impressed.

Quote:
Exactly. It's like if your not LeBron James then you're a failure. Walsh missed out on LeBron...not Melo. He's with the Heat. The guy had an off year but he still had one of the best months of any player in the league. He went toe to toe against the best player in the world and held his own. Funny part is, the players guys b*tched and moaned about losing played WAY worse in the playoffs. He's a top 3 SF in the league. Period. If he's not...show me a guy not named James or Durant that's better.

He held his own against Shane Battier. LeBron put the clamps on him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #393
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Of course they wouldn't be any worse on defense.
Anderson's defense >>>> Amare's defense

But also chair's defense >>> Amare's defense. Are we allowed to put a chair instead of Amare on defense. Is that against the rules ? Even with Amare we were a top5 defensive team under Woodson. With a chair instead of him I'm pretty sure we would be top3.
So why the laughing? Hyperbole aside, it sounds like you agree with the notion.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #394
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
7 rebounds a game for a SF playing out of position at PF isn't good? So what does that say about Tyson Chandler who is a 7 footer and a Center and got 9 rpg?
That he's overpaid and that you didn't read my entire post.

I'm hurt.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #395
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So why the laughing? Hyperbole aside, it sounds like you agree with the notion.
What's so hard to understand ? I wasn't laughing at Ryan Anderson. I was laughing because you put "Amare" and "man the paint on defense" in the same sentence. I actually like Ryan Anderson.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #396
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
What's so hard to understand ? I wasn't laughing at Ryan Anderson. I was laughing because you put "Amare" and "man the paint on defense" in the same sentence.

...language barrier?

Quote:
Maybe move Amar'e for a stretch four like Ryan Anderson, who can spread the floor on offense and man the paint on defense?

Did you just read the part that you bolded?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #397
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:

...language barrier?

Did you just read the part that you bolded?
If you are comparing him to Ryan Anderson then you obviously expect him to do the things you named (stretch the floor and man the paint). Otherwise the comparison doesn't make sense.
That's how I got it.
Never mind.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #398
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
If you are comparing him to Ryan Anderson then you obviously expect him to do the things you named (stretch the floor and man the paint). Otherwise the comparison doesn't make sense.
That's how I got it.
Yeah, you really struggled with that sentence. Weird. I'm saying Ryan Anderson is a guy who can stretch the floor on offense and man the paint on defense. Why would we swap two guys with the same skill sets?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #399
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Yeah, you really struggled with that sentence. Weird. I'm saying Ryan Anderson is a guy who can stretch the floor on offense and man the paint on defense. Why would we swap two guys with the same skill sets?
I just saw you wrote "Move Amare FOR a stretch four". My mistake. I understood something different,like "Let's USE Amare as a stretch four"

One word can change so much
Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #400
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Ah.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #401
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Ah.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #402
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That he's overpaid and that you didn't read my entire post.

I'm hurt.
Why no daily anti Tyson Chandler agenda then?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #403
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Because I think he's a more useful piece when contending for a championship. Plus he played consistently well all year. You have to understand, there's a premium involved in being 7'0" tall. That's why Kwame Brown makes, like, $6 million a year.

I do think that Tyson Chandler came away earning more of his contract than Melo has thusfar in their respective Knicks tenures.

Last edited by Scoooter : 07-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #404
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Here's an intriguing issue with Carmelo. For most of these games he was playing PF and taking just about every available shot on the court. But that's not much rebounding out of a PF, not even as much as Amar'e. And I don't think you want him matched up against someone like Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Love.

And his stats for the rest of the year, before that stretch, were pretty damn forgettable, even with the offense built completely around him.

So is he no longer a small forward? Maybe that's why Woodson wants him to lose some weight. Does he give you enough of what you need at the four spot to start him there full time? Maybe move Amar'e for a stretch four like Ryan Anderson, who can spread the floor on offense and man the paint on defense?

I don't believe we can have Carmelo and Amar'e and Chandler all playing in the post. The passing and overall talent isn't there to to emulate a Bird-McHale-Parish type of thing.
No maybe about needing a stretch 4 with him. Carmelo you for sure want playing the three but in a power 3 type way. Playing the perimeter Carmelo is an all star. Playing around the basket he is a superstar.
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #405
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
7 rebounds a game for a SF playing out of position at PF isn't good? So what does that say about Tyson Chandler who is a 7 footer and a Center and got 9 rpg?

Thought the same thing when I read that post. Isn't Melo considered a top notch rebounder for his position?

The only other SF I can see being called a better rebounder than him is LeBron with out argument.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: