Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #406
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Because I think he's a more useful piece when contending for a championship. Plus he played consistently well all year. You have to understand, there's a premium involved in being 7'0" tall. That's why Kwame Brown makes, like, $6 million a year.

I do think that Tyson Chandler came away earning more of his contract than Melo has thusfar in their respective Knicks tenures.

The real answer is "he didn't cost us Gallinari".
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #407
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
You got Lin as your avatar, and you are talking about earning money?
Lin won more games fo da knicks dan Marsh-Melo

j/k

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #408
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The heart wants what the heart wants.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #409
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
At this point, I dont get how people still regret that trade. Especially with Felton back. Remember also that Chauncey, who I miss, became Tyson Chandler. That draft pick became Kenneth Faried if Im not mistaken. Faried is better than I thought hed be, but lets be honest, he would be coming off the bench. Do I wish we still had Chandler and Gallo? Yea. But we wouldnt have been able to retain all of those guys AND get Chandler and Melo. Its seems as most of you at least like Chandler. You cant keep everyone.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #410
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, I got by that one too.

But as far as Melo goes, I'd take his history and hope it translates here as well.

He came back an absolute beast the last time he played for the gold, and the Knicks will need him to do so.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #411
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
At this point, I dont get how people still regret that trade. Especially with Felton back. Remember also that Chauncey, who I miss, became Tyson Chandler. That draft pick became Kenneth Faried if Im not mistaken. Faried is better than I thought hed be, but lets be honest, he would be coming off the bench. Do I wish we still had Chandler and Gallo? Yea. But we wouldnt have been able to retain all of those guys AND get Chandler and Melo. Its seems as most of you at least like Chandler. You cant keep everyone.

In the hands of the Knicks FO, that pick would have never become Faried

Anyways, I don't think anyone here (except Scoooter of course - Rameek maybe?) regrets the Melo trade.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #412
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Iman Shumpert says hello.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #413
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Iman Shumpert says hello.

True that.
One year ago we would have also mentioned Landry Fields
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #414
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
True that.
One year ago we would have also mentioned Landry Fields
I was just pointing our that we draft Shump in the same draft Faried came out of.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #415
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Would we have had two picks that year then? I dont think it would be out of the question that we would have drafted him. We worked him out and it was rumored that he was on our short list. If we did get him, we probably dont pay for that Harrelson pick.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #416
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

We only had one draft pick last season, where are you gathering two from Franchize?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #417
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
We only had one draft pick last season, where are you gathering two from Franchize?
My bad. I thought we gave Denver the pick they used to get Faried in the Melo trade.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #418
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My bad. I thought we gave Denver the pick they used to get Faried in the Melo trade.
Ok, they do have our 1st '14, and right to swap in '16
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #419
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
In the hands of the Knicks FO, that pick would have never become Faried

Anyways, I don't think anyone here (except Scoooter of course - Rameek maybe?) regrets the Melo trade.
I dont regret anything it wasnt my decision lol.

Its not like the Knicks became better as a team because of the Melo acquisition. It isnt like it was a significant improvement like Melo has lead us to championships etc etc....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #420
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

"You forget that under his jersey, he wears a lot of that compression-type stuff, and he wears a lot of that protection-type sleeves around his stomach, so it makes him look a little bit wider and thicker," he said. "But he's not fat a--, man. He's a world-class athlete, so he's always very detailed with his diet, with his conditioning. - Idan Ravin, renowned trainer for top Athletes such as Durant, Griffin, James, Anthony, JR, Paul etc.

I've been telling people this for years. He plays with a flak jacket like padding.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: