Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #436
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Thread

10/12 from 3 point range is tough to do in practice. Give the guy some credit for once.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #437
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
10/12 from 3 point range is tough to do in practice. Give the guy some credit for once.
He took 12 three pointers ??? What a chucker

But seriously,Melo doesn't deserve all the hate. He's not perfect but he's still our best player.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #438
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He took 12 three pointers ??? What a chucker

But seriously,Melo doesn't deserve all the hate. He's not perfect but he's still our best player.
Those were NBA mid range jumpers.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #439
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yet another big game from Melo. Him and LeBron saved USA today.

N the 3 point line is 1 foot shorter than the nba if im not mistaken.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #440
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Foot-and-a-half, I think. Too lazy to look it up though.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #441
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo is my dude, but damn he needs a muzzle......

"Now that I'm in the spotlight a lot more being in New York City, you've got multiple opinions," Anthony told USA TODAY Sports. "You've got everybody saying something about this, about that. For me, just play ball.

"What I realized, first of all, is to keep my mouth shut and just play ball. At the end of the day, there's no way you can go back and forth with everybody's opinion. I realize that."

But he pinpoints exactly when the "Anthony is selfish" meme began.

"Let's be frank about it," he said. "When it comes to the Knicks, we're talking about one particular point in time. We're talking about the whole 'Linsanity' thing. That's when it started. That's when it started to escalate as far as people saying I was selfish."

"Lin came and we started winning games and then we started losing games, and they could only point to one thing, which is me, the leader of the team," Anthony said. "They're not going to point to Amar'e. They're not going to point to (guard) Iman Shumpert. They're going to point to me. I accept that. It doesn't bother me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-08-03/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-olympics-usa-basketball/56747268/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fe ed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomOlympicsCoverag e-TopStori
Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #442
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Melo is my dude, but damn he needs a muzzle......

"Now that I'm in the spotlight a lot more being in New York City, you've got multiple opinions," Anthony told USA TODAY Sports. "You've got everybody saying something about this, about that. For me, just play ball.

"What I realized, first of all, is to keep my mouth shut and just play ball. At the end of the day, there's no way you can go back and forth with everybody's opinion. I realize that."

But he pinpoints exactly when the "Anthony is selfish" meme began.

"Let's be frank about it," he said. "When it comes to the Knicks, we're talking about one particular point in time. We're talking about the whole 'Linsanity' thing. That's when it started. That's when it started to escalate as far as people saying I was selfish."

"Lin came and we started winning games and then we started losing games, and they could only point to one thing, which is me, the leader of the team," Anthony said. "They're not going to point to Amar'e. They're not going to point to (guard) Iman Shumpert. They're going to point to me. I accept that. It doesn't bother me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-08-03/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-olympics-usa-basketball/56747268/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fe ed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomOlympicsCoverag e-TopStori

Wait, why is that a bad thing? I thought he answered that well. That's like a QB acknowledging that he gets all the blame when the team loses. I thought he hit the nail on the head. He's pretty much saying, he knows that when the team struggles, he's going to be at the epicenter of the blame (which is absolutely true). He accepts that and takes it in stride. Isn't that what you want your leader to do?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #443
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Team USA leaders in points per 40mins: C. Anthony 44.1, K. Love 32.1, K. Durant 31.5, R. Westbrook 25.7, K. Bryant 25.4.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #444
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #445
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Alan Shore has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Wait, why is that a bad thing? I thought he answered that well. That's like a QB acknowledging that he gets all the blame when the team loses. I thought he hit the nail on the head. He's pretty much saying, he knows that when the team struggles, he's going to be at the epicenter of the blame (which is absolutely true). He accepts that and takes it in stride. Isn't that what you want your leader to do?

quarterbacks are leaders and orchestrators. not a good analogy.
Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #446
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore
quarterbacks are leaders and orchestrators. not a good analogy.
And melo is a leader of his team, its not a good analogy to you why because you say its not.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #447
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
And melo is a leader of his team, its not a good analogy to you why because you say its not.

maybe you ought to define leadership then. explain exactly how he has been a leader in denver or new york other than in his own mind.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #448
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
maybe you ought to define leadership then. explain exactly how he has been a leader in denver or new york other than in his own mind.
Maybe you need to learn what a leader is.

Melo is the best player on the team, and the players all recognize that....leader.

Melo sacrificed his own stats to try to help the team win, when everyone knew he was hurt....leader.

When the game gets close and that basket is needed, the team goes to Melo....leader.

He has accepted blame for everything the Knicks have gone wrong....leader.

He's the only one still defending himself, while I don't think he should...that's a leader.

Can he do more in that leadership area?

Yep, but right now, who is doing more?

Melo's leadership is the least of my concern, I'm more ready for him to give his all for the full 48 on both sides of the court consistently, ;ike we all knows he's capable of.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #449
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Maybe you need to learn what a leader is.

1) Melo is the best player on the team, and the players all recognize that....leader.

2) Melo sacrificed his own stats to try to help the team win, when everyone knew he was hurt....leader.

3) When the game gets close and that basket is needed, the team goes to Melo....leader.

4) He has accepted blame for everything the Knicks have gone wrong....leader.

5) He's the only one still defending himself, while I don't think he should...that's a leader.

Can he do more in that leadership area?

Yep, but right now, who is doing more?

Melo's leadership is the least of my concern, I'm more ready for him to give his all for the full 48 on both sides of the court consistently, ;ike we all knows he's capable of.

i have my own definitions of leadership and i was asking you to define yours to see if you know what you are talking about.

i numbered your points so i could respond. (1) is patently false. (2) is false or if true inherently contradictory, therefore also false. (3) is true but does not correlate to leadership but merely the need for scoring. (4) is false and here's why: "accepting blame" is not the same thing as "taking responsibility." his accepting blame is merely resignation that he will be the focal point if there is failure, and rightfully so as the most expensive player on the roster. but lets be clear-- there is no real ownership there. it has nothing to do with improving things or dedicating himself to improve his play where it needs improvement. not once have we heard him say "i have got to do better" or any variation on that. you can add stoudemire here on this very point. (5) is as false as it is vague. what are you referring to here?

bill russell won 11 titles in 13 years and 2 ncaa titles. when asked about what it means to be a good leader his answer was on point: "to be a good leader you must be a good servant."

that is something melo doesn't actually understand. but make no mistake: the talent is there but not the will, the will to serve others. his career is characterized by underachievement and a lot of excuses. "his rosters were weak." "too many injuries." "he faced the eventual nba champion."

but underneath all the underachieving and excuses has been the cold, hard fact that others have had to serve him-- which was something that wilt chamberlain realized was the difference between him and bill russell.

this is the crux of the problem.

maybe the olympics will have a miraculous effect on melo and knick fans will get their money's worth from melo. until then the clock is ticking and there will continue to be hard feelings on either side of the melo debate.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #450
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

Quote:
i have my own definitions of leadership and i was asking you to define yours to see if you know what you are talking about.

i numbered your points so i could respond. (1) is patently false. (2) is false or if true inherently contradictory, therefore also false. (3) is true but does not correlate to leadership but merely the need for scoring. (4) is false and here's why: "accepting blame" is not the same thing as "taking responsibility." his accepting blame is merely resignation that he will be the focal point if there is failure, and rightfully so as the most expensive player on the roster. but lets be clear-- there is no real ownership there. it has nothing to do with improving things or dedicating himself to improve his play where it needs improvement. not once have we heard him say "i have got to do better" or any variation on that. you can add stoudemire here on this very point. (5) is as false as it is vague. what are you referring to here?

bill russell won 11 titles in 13 years and 2 ncaa titles. when asked about what it means to be a good leader his answer was on point: "to be a good leader you must be a good servant."

that is something melo doesn't actually understand. but make no mistake: the talent is there but not the will, the will to serve others. his career is characterized by underachievement and a lot of excuses. "his rosters were weak." "too many injuries." "he faced the eventual nba champion."

but underneath all the underachieving and excuses has been the cold, hard fact that others have had to serve him-- which was something that wilt chamberlain realized was the difference between him and bill russell.

this is the crux of the problem.

maybe the olympics will have a miraculous effect on melo and knick fans will get their money's worth from melo. until then the clock is ticking and there will continue to be hard feelings on either side of the melo debate.
Man who the hell is this guy? Tell me something alan, its obvious you dont like melo, and he isnt going anywhere, wouldnt it be better to throw your support behind your team, that is if your a knick fan, than to write a book why our leading scorer is not a leader.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: